Guardian Angel Store - Christian gifts and books to share your values

Site Search:

Store Search:

Home > Forums > Reflections > Wisdom and Stewardship Home | Forums | My Account |  My Wishlist  |  Cart Contents  |  Checkout  |  www.GuardianAngelStore.com is RSS enabled.  Add this link to your feed reader to get our news updates.  In the forums add the link next to the forums you want to receive updates for.
 Navigation

Main
 Home
General
 News
 News Submission
 News Topics
 Search
 Sitemap
Community
 Forums
 Web Links
Members
 Account
Information
 About Us
 Contact
 FAQ
 Legal Documents
 Link To Us

Shopping

Aids--Classroom, Bible, Office
Angels
Automotive
Bereavement & Memorial
Bible Center
Books
Books, Used
Candles & Necessities
Church Supplies
Clothing
Collectibles/Figurines
Crosses/Crucifixes
Devotions
Encouragement/Inspirational Gift
Garden Decor
Gifts for Family & Friends
Home Treasures
Jewelry
Knights of Columbus Gifts
Love, Weddings & Marriage
Media - CDs/DVDs/Software
Message Cards
Names to Remember
Patriotism
Pocket Coins & Tokens
Sacramentals
Sacraments
Saints
Special Seasons
Sports
Toys/Games

New Products

Shop by Price
Under $10
From $10 - $30
From $30 - $50
From $50 - $100
Above $100
All Price Ranges

Guardian Angel Store: Forums

The Guardian Angel Store Forums :: View topic - Wisdom and Stewardship
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wisdom and Stewardship

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guardian Angel Store Forums Forum Index -> Reflections Printable Version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Prayer-Soldier

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:52 pm    Post subject: Wisdom and Stewardship Reply with quote

Wisdom and Stewardship

Scripture:

Wherefore I wished, and understanding was given me: and I called upon God, and the spirit of wisdom came upon me: And I preferred her before kingdoms and thrones, and esteemed riches nothing in comparison of her. Neither did I compare unto her any precious stone: for all gold in comparison of her, is as a little sand, and silver in respect to her shall be counted as clay. I loved her above health and beauty, and chose to have her instead of light: for her light cannot be put out. Now all good things came to me together with her, and innumerable riches through her hands. (Wisdom 7:7-11)

For the word of God is living and effectual, and more piercing than any two edged sword; and reaching unto the division of the soul and the spirit, of the joints also and the marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. Neither is there any creature invisible in his sight: but all things are naked and open to his eyes, to whom our speech is. (Hebrew 4:12-13)

And when he was gone forth into the way, a certain man running up and kneeling before him, asked him, Good Master, what shall I do that I may receive life everlasting? And Jesus said to him, Why call you me good? None is good but one, that is God. You know the commandments: Do not commit adultery, do not kill, do not steal, bear not false witness, do no fraud, honor your father and mother. But he answering, said to him: Master, all these things I have observed from my youth.

And Jesus looking on him, loved him, and said to him: One thing is wanting unto you: go, sell whatsoever you have, and give to the poor, and you shall have treasure in heaven; and come, follow me. Who being struck sad at that saying, went away sorrowful: for he had great possessions. And Jesus looking round about, said to his disciples: How hardly shall they that have riches, enter into the kingdom of God! And the disciples were astonished at his words. But Jesus again answering, said to them: Children, how hard is it for them that trust in riches, to enter into the kingdom of God? It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Who wondered the more, saying among themselves: Who then can be saved? And Jesus looking on them, said: With men it is impossible; but not with God: for all things are possible with God. And Peter began to say unto him: Behold, we have left all things, and have followed you. Jesus answering, said: Amen I say to you, there is no man who has left house or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or children, or lands, for my sake and for the gospel, who shall not receive a hundred times as much, now in this time; houses, and brethren, and sisters, and mothers, and children, and lands, with persecutions: and in the world to come life everlasting.
(Mark 10:17-30)

Reflection:

The blessings of wisdom are the understanding of what is right and just, to comprehend what He asks of us and to the purpose to which we place the gifts He has grown within us so that His work may be done. The blessing of wisdom is that it may guide us in what we may do to fulfill the greatest of His commandments, the commandments to love (Matthew 22:36-40).

We may possess many things, but if we do not have wisdom, we become vulnerable to fruitless endeavors. We will be seduced away from the blessings of love to the burden of things and trivial diversions. Material wealth may bring us comforts, but so too, do they bring us distraction from that which is truly important.

Through prayer, we may ask of Him to grant us the blessings of wisdom. We may ask to receive understanding of His Word and to be enabled to share in the greatest of all wealth, the wealth of love. It is wisdom which will enable us, for through it, we may understand the balance of earning and giving. With the blessing of wisdom, we will be guided in what we may do as responsible stewards of the gifts He has bestowed upon on us so that we may care for others and the world He has entrusted to us. By living according to the wisdom of His Word, we bring forth the blessings of love and give glory to our Creator.

Through His Word, we see His desire for mankind. Scripture reveals His covenant to the generations and His desire that we should live in love of Him and one another (Matthew 22:36-40). Through scripture, we see over and over how the children of His creation turned to Him and away from Him. Through the study of His Word, we may find the blessings of His wisdom and the folly of the world.

He sees when we turn to Him and when we are seduced away from Him. He sees when we rely upon Him and when we fall to becoming wise through our own eyes (Proverbs 3:6-8, Romans 1:22). Though we may pride ourselves with self-perceived intellect, we struggle in comprehension of what is right and just because we do not see as He sees, nor do we comprehend the consequences when we do not seek Him as our guide.

Our sin and our folly is found in that which we put before God. As we take inventory of our lives, we must assess that which diverts us away from Him and that which blinds us to the real purpose to which we should put the gifts He bestows upon us. The rich man to which Jesus spoke prided himself in following the commandments of God, but he did not comprehend how his possessions separated him from the true calling of his Creator.

We must take care of ourselves so we may take care of others, but we must also be careful of our perception of the balance. If we do not allow His wisdom to guide us, we will be tempted away from the light of responsible stewardship to the darkness brought forth through self-centeredness. If we are uncertain in our endeavors, we should look to Him in prayer so that we may be guided in our pursuits. As we receive His wisdom, we will learn that our wealth is not found in what we possess, but in the love which we receive from Him and which we share with all who cross our path and to whom He calls us to minister.

May the peace and blessings of the Lord be with you always,
Prayer Soldier

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guardian Angel Store Forums Forum Index -> Reflections Printable Version All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: