Guardian Angel Store - Christian gifts and books to share your values

Site Search:

Store Search:

Home > Forums > Reflections > The One Sent As Our Light Home | Forums | My Account |  My Wishlist  |  Cart Contents  |  Checkout  |  www.GuardianAngelStore.com is RSS enabled.  Add this link to your feed reader to get our news updates.  In the forums add the link next to the forums you want to receive updates for.
 Navigation

Main
 Home
General
 News
 News Submission
 News Topics
 Search
 Sitemap
Community
 Forums
 Web Links
Members
 Account
Information
 About Us
 Contact
 FAQ
 Legal Documents
 Link To Us

Shopping

Aids--Classroom, Bible, Office
Angels
Automotive
Bereavement & Memorial
Bible Center
Books
Books, Used
Candles & Necessities
Church Supplies
Clothing
Collectibles/Figurines
Crosses/Crucifixes
Devotions
Encouragement/Inspirational Gift
Garden Decor
Gifts for Family & Friends
Home Treasures
Jewelry
Knights of Columbus Gifts
Love, Weddings & Marriage
Media - CDs/DVDs/Software
Message Cards
Names to Remember
Patriotism
Pocket Coins & Tokens
Sacramentals
Sacraments
Saints
Special Seasons
Sports
Toys/Games

New Products

Shop by Price
Under $10
From $10 - $30
From $30 - $50
From $50 - $100
Above $100
All Price Ranges

Guardian Angel Store: Forums

The Guardian Angel Store Forums :: View topic - The One Sent As Our Light
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The One Sent As Our Light

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guardian Angel Store Forums Forum Index -> Reflections Printable Version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Prayer-Soldier

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:15 am    Post subject: The One Sent As Our Light Reply with quote

The One Sent As Our Light

Scripture:

Behold my servant, I will uphold him: my elect, my soul delights in him: I have given my spirit upon him, he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles. He shall not cry, nor have respect to person, neither shall his voice be heard abroad. The bruised reed he shall not break, and smoking flax he shall not quench: he shall bring forth judgment unto truth. He shall not be sad, nor troublesome, till he set judgment in the earth: and the islands shall wait for his law.

I the Lord have called you in justice, and taken you by the hand, and preserved you. And I have given you for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles: That you might open the eyes of the blind, and bring forth the prisoner out of prison, and them that sit in darkness out of the prison house.
(Isaiah 42:1-4, 6-7)

And Peter opening his mouth, said: In very deed I perceive, that God is not a respecter of persons. But in every nation, he that fears him, and works justice, is acceptable to him.

God sent the word to the children of Israel, preaching peace by Jesus Christ: (he is Lord of all.) You know the word which has been published through all Judea: for it began from Galilee, after the baptism which John preached, Jesus of Nazareth: how God anointed him with the Holy Spirit, and with power, who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed by the devil, for God was with him.
( Acts 10:34-38 )

And as the people were of opinion, and all were thinking in their hearts of John, that perhaps he might be the Christ; John answered, saying unto all: I indeed baptize you with water; but there shall come one mightier than I, the latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to loose: he shall baptize you with the Holy Spirit, and with fire:

Now it came to pass, when all the people were baptized, that Jesus also being baptized and praying, heaven was opened; and the Holy Spirit descended in a bodily shape, as a dove upon him; and a voice came from heaven: You are my beloved Son; in you I am well pleased.
(Luke 3:15-16, 21-22)

Reflection:

The prophecy spoke of the One to come, the One who would bring a teaching of fairness and justice that many would struggle to comprehend because they are blinded by the ways of the world. Throughout the generations, so many languish in darkness because they seek to rationalize their choices from within their blindness; choices of selfishness, choices of incivility, choices which ultimately yield pain and sorrow, choices which pervert truth and justice.

So many prefer their blindness, for in the darkness, they do not see the misery which radiates from them. They do not see the harm which is inflicted by their pursuits; not only the harm they do to themselves, but to those who cross their path and those they love. They do not see the ruin brought to their soul as they seek to justify the evil which consumes them.

It is for this reason the Father sent the Son to bring light to where there is darkness. He was sent not just to cure the bodies and senses of the afflicted, but to forgive and heal the afflictions of the soul. The one of whom prophecy spoke would bring the light through which the path of the Lord is revealed. It is through Christ that the blind of spirit might be brought to see that political and military might, nor selfish desires can bring true peace and joy to the soul. Such blessings are only possible through the grace and mercy of God; the light of the Word revealed to us by the Son; and the truth, wisdom, strength and courage we may receive through the Holy Spirit.

The message to the world is simple, God desires that the children of His creation should live, not for selfish desires, but in love of Him and one another. God sent His only begotten Son to be an example of His love, the love by which the sinner might be cleansed and the soul might receive salvation. Through the blessings of Jesus, the world receives hope and receives encouragement to set aside the ways of the world for the ways of heaven. The evil one brings injustice to the world, but the Son of God brings the Word as the light of justice and the mercy through which all might be saved from their iniquities.

Some look to signs and miracles, but they overlook what God provides to us each day, the opportunity to receive His love and the opportunity to give in love. Though we may feel powerless against the evils within the world, we must remember, we always have the choice as to how we shall accept our trials and tribulations. If we seek Him, He will guide us through our pains and sorrows. He will give us the courage to withstand the world so that we are prepared for the day we will stand before Him.

It is when we feel the most alone that He carries us. When there appears to be no other hope, we have the hope of the blessings we receive through the Holy Spirit. Through His life, death and resurrection, Jesus demonstrated the power of the most gracious gift of God, the gift of His love. It is ours, freely given, if we but choose to accept it and let it guide and fulfill our lives.

May the peace and blessings of the Lord be with you always,
Prayer Soldier

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guardian Angel Store Forums Forum Index -> Reflections Printable Version All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: