Guardian Angel Store - Christian gifts and books to share your values

Site Search:

Store Search:

Home > Forums > Reflections > Blessed Are The Hearts Which See Home | Forums | My Account |  My Wishlist  |  Cart Contents  |  Checkout  |  www.GuardianAngelStore.com is RSS enabled.  Add this link to your feed reader to get our news updates.  In the forums add the link next to the forums you want to receive updates for.
 Navigation

Main
 Home
General
 News
 News Submission
 News Topics
 Search
 Sitemap
Community
 Forums
 Web Links
Members
 Account
Information
 About Us
 Contact
 FAQ
 Legal Documents
 Link To Us

Shopping

Aids--Classroom, Bible, Office
Angels
Automotive
Bereavement & Memorial
Bible Center
Books
Books, Used
Candles & Necessities
Church Supplies
Clothing
Collectibles/Figurines
Crosses/Crucifixes
Devotions
Encouragement/Inspirational Gift
Garden Decor
Gifts for Family & Friends
Home Treasures
Jewelry
Knights of Columbus Gifts
Love, Weddings & Marriage
Media - CDs/DVDs/Software
Message Cards
Names to Remember
Patriotism
Pocket Coins & Tokens
Sacramentals
Sacraments
Saints
Special Seasons
Sports
Toys/Games

New Products

Shop by Price
Under $10
From $10 - $30
From $30 - $50
From $50 - $100
Above $100
All Price Ranges

Guardian Angel Store: Forums

The Guardian Angel Store Forums :: View topic - Blessed Are The Hearts Which See
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Blessed Are The Hearts Which See

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guardian Angel Store Forums Forum Index -> Reflections Printable Version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Prayer-Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:05 pm    Post subject: Blessed Are The Hearts Which See Reply with quote

Blessed Are The Hearts Which See

Scripture:

And having said these things, he went before, going up to Jerusalem. And it came to pass, when he was come nigh to Bethphage and Bethania, unto the mount called Olivet, he sent two of his disciples, saying: Go into the town which is over against you, at your entering into which you shall find the colt of an ass tied, on which no man ever has sit: loose him and bring him hither. And if any man shall ask you: Why do you loose him? You shall say thus unto him: Because the Lord has need of his service.

And they that were sent went their way and found the colt standing, as he said unto them. And as they were loosing the colt, the owners thereof said to them: Why loose you the colt? But they said: Because the Lord has need of him. And they brought him to Jesus. And casting their garments on the colt, they set Jesus thereon. And as he went, they spread their clothes underneath in the way. And when he was now coming near the descent of Mount Olivet, the whole multitude of his disciples began with joy to praise God with a loud voice, for all the mighty works they had seen, saying: Blessed be the king who comes in the name of the Lord! Peace in heaven and glory on high! And some of the Pharisees, from among the multitude, said to him: Master, rebuke your disciples. To whom he said: I say to you that if these shall hold their peace, the stones will cry out.
(Luke 19:28-40)

The Lord has given me a learned tongue, that I should know how to uphold by word him that is weary: he wakens in the morning, in the morning he wakens my ear, that I may hear him as a master. The Lord God has opened my ear, and I do not resist: I have not gone back. I have given my body to the strikers, and my cheeks to them that plucked them: I have not turned away my face from them that rebuked me, and spit upon me. The Lord God is my helper, therefore am I not confounded: therefore have I set my face as a most hard rock, and I know that I shall not be confounded. (Isaiah 50:4-7)

Who being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: But emptied himself, taking the form of a servant, being made in the likeness of men, and in habit found as a man. He humbled himself, becoming obedient unto death, even to the death of the cross. For which cause, God also has exalted him and has given him a name which is above all names: That in the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those that are in heaven, on earth, and under the earth and that every tongue should confess that the Lord Jesus Christ is in the glory of God the Father. (Philippians 2:6-11)

And the whole multitude of them, rising up, led him to Pilate. And they began to accuse him, saying: We have found this man perverting our nation and forbidding to give tribute to Caesar and saying that he is Christ the king. And Pilate asked him, saying: Are you the king of the Jews? But he answering, said: You say it. And Pilate said to the chief priests and to the multitudes: I find no cause in this man. But they were more earnest, saying: He stirs up the people, teaching throughout all Judea, beginning from Galilee to this place. But Pilate hearing Galilee, asked if the man were of Galilee? And when he understood that he was of Herod?s jurisdiction, he sent him away to Herod, who was also himself at Jerusalem in those days.

And Herod seeing Jesus, was very glad: for he was desirous of a long time to see him, because he had heard many things of him; and he hoped to see some sign wrought by him. And he questioned him in many words. But he answered him nothing. And the chief priests and the scribes stood by, earnestly accusing him. And Herod with his army set him at nought and mocked him, putting on him a white garment: and sent him back to Pilate.

And Herod and Pilate were made friends, that same day: for before they were enemies one to another. And Pilate, calling together the chief priests and the magistrates and the people, said to them: You have presented unto me this man as one that perverts the people. And behold I, having examined him before you, find no cause in this man, in those things wherein you accuse him. No, nor Herod neither. For, I sent you to him: and behold, nothing worthy of death is done to him. I will chastise him therefore and release him.

Now of necessity he was to release unto them one upon the feast day. But the whole multitude together cried out, saying: Away with this man, and release unto us Barabbas: Who, for a certain sedition made in the city and for a murder, was cast into prison. And Pilate again spoke to them, desiring to release Jesus. But they cried again, saying: Crucify him, Crucify him. And he said to them the third time: Why, what evil has this man done? I find no cause of death in him. I will chastise him therefore and let him go.

But they were instant with loud voices, requiring that he might be crucified. And their voices prevailed. And Pilate gave sentence that it should be as they required. And he released unto them him who for murder and sedition had been cast into prison, whom they had desired. But Jesus he delivered up to their will. And as they led him away, they laid hold of one Simon of Cyrene, coming from the country; and they laid the cross on him to carry after Jesus. And there followed him a great multitude of people and of women, who bewailed and lamented him. But Jesus turning to them, said: Daughters of Jerusalem, weep not over me; but weep for yourselves and for your children. For behold, the days shall come, wherein they will say: Blessed are the barren and the wombs that have not borne and the paps that have not given suck. Then shall they begin to say to the mountains: Fall upon us. And to the hills: Cover us. For if in the green wood they do these things, what shall be done in the dry?

And there were also two other malefactors led with him to be put to death. And when they were come to the place which is called Calvary, they crucified him there: and the robbers, one on the right hand, and the other on the left. And Jesus said: Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do. But they, dividing his garments, cast lots. And the people stood beholding. And the rulers with them derided him, saying: He saved others: let him save himself, if he be Christ, the elect of God. And the soldiers also mocked him, coming to him and offering him vinegar, and saying: If you be the king of the Jews, save yourself.

And there was also a superscription written over him in letters of Greek and Latin and Hebrew THIS IS THE KING OF THE JEWS. And one of those robbers who were hanged blasphemed him, saying: If you be Christ, save yourself and us. But the other answering, rebuked him, saying: Neither do you fear God, seeing; you are under the same condemnation? And we indeed justly: for we receive the due reward of our deeds. But this man has done no evil. And he said to Jesus: Lord, remember me when you shall come into your kingdom. And Jesus said to him: Amen I say to you: This day you shall be with me in paradise.

And it was almost the sixth hour: and there was darkness over all the earth until the ninth hour. And the sun was darkened, and the veil of the temple was rent in the midst. And Jesus crying with a loud voice, said: Father, into your hands I commend my spirit. And saying this, he gave up the ghost. Now, the centurion, seeing what was done, glorified God, saying: Indeed this was a just man. And all the multitude of them that were come together to that sight and saw the things that were done returned, striking their breasts. And all his acquaintance and the women that had followed him from Galilee stood afar off, beholding these things.
(Luke 23:1-49)

Reflection:

It was a bold statement to those who did not understand, who were blinded by the world and their own passions, as those who could see came out to greet their King. Those who were consumed by the world came forth to protect the power they held over the people, to silence those who raised their voices in thanks and praise. We might wonder what the world would have become if the faithful, those who recognized their King, had prevailed; but it was not meant for that moment. Still, the palms which were laid paved the path for the King of all generations. It happened in this way so the generations would see the contrast between those who can see the presence of their Lord and those who are blinded by the ways of the world.

It is through Him the generations would receive the opportunity for forgiveness. It was through His obedience to the will of the Father that those who believe in Him would be ransomed from their sin. It is because of His love for all the children of His creation that He turned himself over to conquer death and to light the way to His kingdom. It is through His love that all who come to Him may be purified so they may enter the kingdom of love where evil may not follow.

In prayer, let us offer thanks and praise for the sacrifice which was made for us upon the cross. In prayer, let us offer our worship for God and all the blessings He provides to us. In prayer, let us open our hearts to our one true King and give glory and praise to His name. In prayer, let us pray that He will speak to us and guide us in our daily lives. In prayer, let us listen so that we may be guided to live by what is right and just.

We might wonder, how is it that the voices lifting glory and praise and the hands which laid the palms were silenced? We might wonder how was it that the voices of the blind of heart were incited to the evil which would follow? We might wonder how those who professed to be enemies within the world became allies against the Creator of the heavens and the earth?

In the moment, evil appeared to have its say, but it was allowed only so the power of His love might be seen above all and shared with all the generations. As prophecy after prophecy unfolded before the people, those with hearts which could see were brought to bowed heads and bended knee. Evil revealed itself in the pain and suffering it delivered, but those who were blind of heart did not comprehend the grip of evil upon their souls.

In all the events which led to the moment, it was revealed that some who professed faith were among the blind and some who were blind were made to see. In the darkness of the hour, let us, then, search our faith and allow Him to open the eyes of our hearts so we may follow the path of His light.

May the peace and blessings of the Lord be with you always,
Prayer Soldier

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guardian Angel Store Forums Forum Index -> Reflections Printable Version All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: