Guardian Angel Store - Christian gifts and books to share your values

Site Search:

Store Search:

Home > Forums > Reflections > The Light Which Helps Us See Bey Home | Forums | My Account |  My Wishlist  |  Cart Contents  |  Checkout  |  www.GuardianAngelStore.com is RSS enabled.  Add this link to your feed reader to get our news updates.  In the forums add the link next to the forums you want to receive updates for.
 Navigation

Main
 Home
General
 News
 News Submission
 News Topics
 Search
 Sitemap
Community
 Forums
 Web Links
Members
 Account
Information
 About Us
 Contact
 FAQ
 Legal Documents
 Link To Us

Shopping

Aids--Classroom, Bible, Office
Angels
Automotive
Bereavement & Memorial
Bible Center
Books
Books, Used
Candles & Necessities
Church Supplies
Clothing
Collectibles/Figurines
Crosses/Crucifixes
Devotions
Encouragement/Inspirational Gift
Garden Decor
Gifts for Family & Friends
Home Treasures
Jewelry
Knights of Columbus Gifts
Love, Weddings & Marriage
Media - CDs/DVDs/Software
Message Cards
Names to Remember
Patriotism
Pocket Coins & Tokens
Sacramentals
Sacraments
Saints
Special Seasons
Sports
Toys/Games

New Products

Shop by Price
Under $10
From $10 - $30
From $30 - $50
From $50 - $100
Above $100
All Price Ranges

Guardian Angel Store: Forums

The Guardian Angel Store Forums :: View topic - The Light Which Helps Us See Beyond Our Doubts
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Light Which Helps Us See Beyond Our Doubts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guardian Angel Store Forums Forum Index -> Reflections Printable Version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Prayer-Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 2:55 pm    Post subject: The Light Which Helps Us See Beyond Our Doubts Reply with quote

The Light Which Helps Us See Beyond Our Doubts

Scripture:

And by the hands of the apostles were many signs and wonders wrought among the people. And they were all with one accord in the porch of Solomon. But of the rest no man dare join himself unto them: but the people magnified them. And the multitude of men and women who believed in the Lord was more increased: Insomuch that they brought forth the sick into the streets and laid them on beds and couches, that, when Peter came, his shadow at the least might overshadow any of them and they might be delivered from their infirmities. And there came also together to Jerusalem a multitude out of the neighboring cities, bringing sick persons and such as were troubled with unclean spirits: who were all healed. (Acts 5:12-16)

I, John, your brother and your partner in tribulation and in the kingdom and patience in Christ Jesus, was in the island which is called Patmos, for the word of God and for the testimony of Jesus. I was in the spirit on the day of the Lord and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet, saying: What you see, write in a book and send to the seven churches which are in Asia:

And I turned to see the voice that spoke with me. And being turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks: And in the midst of the seven golden candlesticks, one like to the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the feet, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle.

And when I had seen him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying: Fear not. I am the First and the Last, and alive, and was dead. And behold I am living for ever and ever and have the keys of death and of hell. Write therefore the things which you have seen: and which are: and which must be done hereafter.
(Revelations 1:9-11a, 12-13, 17-19)

Now when it was late the same day, the first of the week, and the doors were shut, where the disciples were gathered together, for fear of the Jews, Jesus came and stood in the midst and said to them: Peace be to you. And when he had said this, he showed them his hands and his side. The disciples therefore were glad, when they saw the Lord. He said therefore to them again: Peace be to you. As the Father has sent me, I also send you. When he had said this, he breathed on them; and he said to them: Receive the Holy Spirit. Whose sins you shall forgive, they are forgiven them: and whose sins you shall retain, they are retained.

Now Thomas, one of the twelve, who is called Didymus, was not with them when Jesus came. The other disciples therefore said to him: We have seen the Lord. But he said to them: Except I shall see in his hands the print of the nails and put my finger into the place of the nails and put my hand into his side, I will not believe. And after eight days, again his disciples were within, and Thomas with them. Jesus comes, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst and said: Peace be to you. Then he said to Thomas: Put in your finger hither and see my hands. And bring hither the hand and put it into my side. And be not faithless, but believing. Thomas answered and said to him: My Lord and my God. Jesus said to him: Because you have seen me, Thomas, you have believed: blessed are they that have not seen and have believed.

Many other signs also did Jesus in the sight of his disciples, which are not written in this book. But these are written, that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God: and that believing, you may have life in his name.
(John 20:19-31)

Reflection:

Jesus told His Apostles at the last supper, ?Amen, amen I say to you, he that believes in me, the works that I do, he also shall do; and greater than these shall he do. Because I go to the Father: and whatsoever you shall ask the Father in my name, that will I do: that the Father may be glorified in the Son. ? (John 14:12-13) After the resurrection, He told His disciples, ?All power is given to me in heaven and in earth. Going therefore, teach all nations; baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.? (Matthew 28:18-19)

Believing in all their Teacher had taught them, and guided by the Holy Spirit, they went forth to do as He instructed them. Through those He sent, the good news of the Lord was spread to the nations and the generations. In the book of Acts, some of the works of His disciples are recorded. Through those He taught and sent forth, many blessings were shared as they spread His Word. One might wonder, how could those who were of such meager means and so persecuted by the authorities of the time have survived? How was it that His Word spread with such fire? Certainly, their work was challenging, for many were set against them, but through their faith, their belief, their dedication and their love for Him, many hearts received His Word. It was He who enabled those of faith to spread His good news. Just as one candle may light another, the love He places in one heart may nourish love within another.

What He brought forth to one generation is everlasting to all. The Word He has given is timeless to all, for the commandments by which He has given us to live are the commandments of love. The heart filled with His love shall see, but we are also warned, many will be seduced to and blinded by the darkness. He came to the world to teach the world, but He also came to the world to give hope to all who suffer within the darkness.

There is distress in the world, not by His will, but brought forth by the hearts which remain blind to Him. His desire is to open the hearts of all so that they may receive His love and share of it freely so that His light is brought forth. Some will turn to the light while others will turn away, choosing to remain blind to His Word. They fail to see its blessings, they suffer from doubt; therefore, they remain vulnerable to the one who seduces them away from their Creator. Blessed are those who walk within His light, for no matter the trials of the world, their distress will be but for a brief moment within the expanse of eternity, for the path they travel is to His kingdom where His eternal love fills every soul and evil cannot follow.

Through our experiences of the world, we learn to be skeptical of what we are told until we clearly see the truth set before us. So it was for Thomas. Even though his fellow disciples, whom he trusted, rejoiced that their Lord stood before them, he was not willing to believe what he himself had not seen. Blessed was Thomas that Jesus returned so Thomas might see and touch His Lord.

Many are tempted to be as Thomas, asserting that we cannot believe until He comes to stand before us. The good news is, if we seek Him, we will find Him. Though we may not hear His voice within our ears of the world, He continues throughout each day to speak to our hearts. Though we may not see Him with our eyes of the world, if we examine our lives, we shall see the many ways He works to care for us and to reach us.

The faithful cannot ignore the answers to their prayers. The faithful cannot ignore how He guides their hearts. Though the faithful may be ridiculed and taunted by the blind of heart, the faithful cannot ignore all the ways He walks with them.

We are tempted to seek miracles and signs to which we may point as justification for our faith. Many want to see Him as they see the world, but they fail to see the forest because they wander within the weeds. If they truly desire to find Him, they do not need to look far and wide or in obscure places; they need only open the door of their hearts, for that is where He waits to be invited in. If we ask Him to fill our hearts with His light, He will not deny us, but what we must ask of ourselves, is, are we willing to allow Him to open the eyes of our heart so we may see clearly the path to His kingdom?

May the peace and blessings of the Lord be with you always,
Prayer Soldier

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guardian Angel Store Forums Forum Index -> Reflections Printable Version All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: