Guardian Angel Store - Christian gifts and books to share your values

Site Search:

Store Search:

Home > Forums > Reflections > To What Does Baptism Guide Us? Home | Forums | My Account |  My Wishlist  |  Cart Contents  |  Checkout  |  www.GuardianAngelStore.com is RSS enabled.  Add this link to your feed reader to get our news updates.  In the forums add the link next to the forums you want to receive updates for.
 Navigation

Main
 Home
General
 News
 News Submission
 News Topics
 Search
 Sitemap
Community
 Forums
 Web Links
Members
 Account
Information
 About Us
 Contact
 FAQ
 Legal Documents
 Link To Us

Shopping

Aids--Classroom, Bible, Office
Angels
Automotive
Bereavement & Memorial
Bible Center
Books
Books, Used
Candles & Necessities
Church Supplies
Clothing
Collectibles/Figurines
Crosses/Crucifixes
Devotions
Encouragement/Inspirational Gift
Garden Decor
Gifts for Family & Friends
Home Treasures
Jewelry
Knights of Columbus Gifts
Love, Weddings & Marriage
Media - CDs/DVDs/Software
Message Cards
Names to Remember
Patriotism
Pocket Coins & Tokens
Sacramentals
Sacraments
Saints
Special Seasons
Sports
Toys/Games

New Products

Shop by Price
Under $10
From $10 - $30
From $30 - $50
From $50 - $100
Above $100
All Price Ranges

Guardian Angel Store: Forums

The Guardian Angel Store Forums :: View topic - To What Does Baptism Guide Us?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

To What Does Baptism Guide Us?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guardian Angel Store Forums Forum Index -> Reflections Printable Version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Prayer-Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:24 pm    Post subject: To What Does Baptism Guide Us? Reply with quote

To What Does Baptism Guide Us?

Scripture:

Behold my servant, I will uphold him: my elect, my soul delights in him: I have given my spirit upon him, he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles. He shall not cry, nor have respect to person, neither shall his voice be heard abroad. The bruised reed he shall not break, and smoking flax he shall not quench, he shall bring forth judgment unto truth. He shall not be sad, nor troublesome, till he set judgment in the earth, and the islands shall wait for his law.

I the Lord have called you in justice, and taken you by the hand, and preserved you. And I have given you for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles: That you might open the eyes of the blind, and bring forth the prisoner out of prison, and them that sit in darkness out of the prison house.

(Isaiah 42:1-4, 6-7)

And Peter opening his mouth, said: in very deed I perceive that God is not a respecter of persons. But in every nation, he that fears him and works justice is acceptable to him. God sent the word to the children of Israel, preaching peace by Jesus Christ (He is Lord of all). You know the word which has been published through all Judea: for it began from Galilee, after the baptism which John preached. Jesus of Nazareth: how God anointed him with the Holy Spirit and with power, who went about doing good and healing all that were oppressed by the devil, for God was with him. ( Acts 10:34-38 )

Then comes Jesus from Galilee to the Jordan, unto John, to be baptized by him. But John stayed him, saying: I ought to be baptized by you, and you come to me? And Jesus answering, said to him: Suffer it to be so now. For so it becomes us to fulfill all justice. Then he suffered him. And Jesus being baptized, forthwith came out of the water: and lo, the heavens were opened to him: and he saw the Spirit of God descending as a dove, and coming upon him. And behold a voice from heaven saying: This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased. (Matthew 3:13-17)

Reflection:

As we review the history of the generations we see over and over the inequities which plague the world. As the affairs of people progress, there is justice and injustice. The ebb and flow of prosperity and oppression reveals the battle between how selflessness yields blessings and selfishness yields the wages of evil. The desire of the Lord is that the people learn the blessings of the commandments of love, but the ways of the world blind the masses to the path of peace.

Through the generations, He has given over to the people how they should run their affairs so that all might live and all might care for one another. Still, how many regimes have failed in providing justice and opportunities for prosperity? How many rulers have fallen to the corruption of power as opposed to leading the people away from trial and tribulation? How many governments have turned to ways of oppression as opposed to the protection of the freedoms given by God? How many minions have used their positions at the expense of those who are ruled?

The task of leading others is one which is difficult. The vast variables of fairness and justice can appear to be confusing when one does not have a true moral compass. Through the prophets He sent to share His Word, the Lord provided to the children of His creation the compass of charity, faith, justice and love. He has sought to reach the hearts of those who must decide in matters of fairness so that none shall suffer injustice. He has sought to reach the hearts of rulers of the land so that all may join in prosperity. To face the challenges of good and evil, He has sought to give peace to the people through the wisdom of His Word. Some have used His compass while others have set it aside.

Because He so loves the world, He sent His only begotten Son to teach so that all may understand His commandments and the blessings which may come from them. He sent us the One who would teach through parables, but most importantly He taught through the example of His own love and sacrifice. He taught us how to pray to the Father and the meaning of sharing and giving. He taught us the healing power of faith. He taught us the value of charity and love. He left to the generations the blessings of His teachings, but He has also left through the passing of time for the people to make the choice as to what compass they will use. One path is to the darkness while the other is to the light.

John the Baptist was amazed that the Son of God should come to John to be baptized, but Jesus told John to let it be what the Father had planned; and so the moment came to past that the One they called the Nazarene was baptized by John as an example to all. As Jesus of Nazareth walked the land, He brought forth to the people the Word of the Father, He brought forth His blessings. He brought healing to the afflicted and delivered many from the oppression of the evil one. He healed hearts through the blessings of the Holy Spirit. He brought together multitudes so that they might share with one another in the blessings provided to them through the Father.

Some thought the Messiah would come forth to command great armies and lay waste to the enemies of the Lord. It is no wonder many believed such, for emperors and kings conquered empires and kingdoms with sword and chariot; but the Son of God does not fight the battle of the flesh, but the battle for the heart. The true army He leads, then, is the one which carries forth His Word.

Blessed are those who have heard the voice of the Father, for in that hearing, the blessing of His Word is revealed to them. Blessed are those who have not heard, but have still invited Him into their heart, for as they receive the Holy Spirit, they receive that which is of Him.

May the peace and blessings of the Lord be with you always,
Prayer Soldier

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guardian Angel Store Forums Forum Index -> Reflections Printable Version All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: