Guardian Angel Store - Christian gifts and books to share your values

Site Search:

Store Search:

Home > Forums > Reflections > The Place of Life for Our Souls Home | Forums | My Account |  My Wishlist  |  Cart Contents  |  Checkout  |  www.GuardianAngelStore.com is RSS enabled.  Add this link to your feed reader to get our news updates.  In the forums add the link next to the forums you want to receive updates for.
 Navigation

Main
 Home
General
 News
 News Submission
 News Topics
 Search
 Sitemap
Community
 Forums
 Web Links
Members
 Account
Information
 About Us
 Contact
 FAQ
 Legal Documents
 Link To Us

Shopping

Aids--Classroom, Bible, Office
Angels
Automotive
Bereavement & Memorial
Bible Center
Books
Books, Used
Candles & Necessities
Church Supplies
Clothing
Collectibles/Figurines
Crosses/Crucifixes
Devotions
Encouragement/Inspirational Gift
Garden Decor
Gifts for Family & Friends
Home Treasures
Jewelry
Knights of Columbus Gifts
Love, Weddings & Marriage
Media - CDs/DVDs/Software
Message Cards
Names to Remember
Patriotism
Pocket Coins & Tokens
Sacramentals
Sacraments
Saints
Special Seasons
Sports
Toys/Games

New Products

Shop by Price
Under $10
From $10 - $30
From $30 - $50
From $50 - $100
Above $100
All Price Ranges

Guardian Angel Store: Forums

The Guardian Angel Store Forums :: View topic - The Place of Life for Our Souls
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Place of Life for Our Souls

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guardian Angel Store Forums Forum Index -> Reflections Printable Version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Prayer-Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:23 pm    Post subject: The Place of Life for Our Souls Reply with quote

The Place of Life for Our Souls

Scripture:

But the souls of the just are in the hand of God, and the torment of death shall not touch them. In the sight of the unwise they seemed to die: and their departure was taken for misery: And their going away from us, for utter destruction: but they are in peace. And though in the sight of men they suffered torments, their hope is full of immortality. Afflicted in few things, in many they shall be well rewarded: because God has tried them, and found them worthy of himself. As gold in the furnace he has proved them, and as a victim of a holocaust he has received them, and in time there shall be respect had to them. The just shall shine, and shall run to and fro like sparks among the reeds. They shall judge nations, and rule over people, and their Lord shall reign for ever. They that trust in him, shall understand the truth: and they that are faithful in love shall rest in him: for grace and peace is to his elect. (Wisdom 3:1-9)

And hope confounds not: because the charity of God is poured forth in our hearts, by the Holy Spirit who is given to us. For why did Christ, when as yet we were weak, according to the time, die for the ungodly? For scarce for a just man will one die: yet perhaps for a good man some one would dare to die. But God commends his charity towards us: because when as yet we were sinners according to the time. Christ died for us. Much more therefore, being now justified by his blood, shall we be saved from wrath through him. For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son: much more, being reconciled, shall we be saved by his life. And not only so: but also we glory in God, through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received reconciliation. (Romans 5:5-11)

All that the Father gives to me shall come to me: and him that comes to me, I will not cast out. Because I came down from heaven, not to do my own will but the will of him that sent me. Now this is the will of the Father who sent me: that of all that he has given me, I should lose nothing; but should raise it up again in the last day. And this is the will of my Father that sent me: that every one who sees the Son and believes in him may have life everlasting. And I will raise him up in the last day. (John 6:37-40)

Reflection:

Those who believe in Him are promised life eternal. Though we face many trials and challenges in our journey, with His Holy Son within our heart, we have nothing to fear of the ending of life for He conquered death upon the cross and preserved for us a place within His eternal kingdom. If there is a trial in this world, let us pray that He will guide us through it, for what we do to fulfill His will shall be blessed by Him.

Those who seek understanding of His Word, seek understanding of love. Those who seek to live by His Word, seek to live by love. Those who seek to spread His Word, seek to spread the blessings of His love. Those who trust in His Word shall have everlasting life and will forever know the blessings of His mercy, grace, peace and love. There is no greater gift for which we might pray for those who pass from us than that they will walk within His kingdom and receive His warm embrace.

The path has been paved for us. The One sent to us as the Word made flesh, the One sent to us as the light of the world; He has paved the way through what He taught us and the sacrifice He made for us. Through our belief in Him, our iniquities may be cleansed from our soul.

To some, it is a great mystery that One should lay down His life for another. To some, it is a mystery that such sacrifice should be made for the unworthy. To some, it is a mystery that such charity should be offered for every soul. To those who invite Him into their heart, though, there is no mystery, for they feel within them His great love.

The world offers much from which to confuse our thoughts, but He came to us to undo our confusion and to help us understand His ways. He taught so all might hear. He suffered that all might feel. He died so that all might see. He conquered death so all might believe in Him. He was sent to us as the way, the truth and the light so all who follow Him shall enjoy everlasting life through and with Him.

All the children of the the creation of the Father were handed over to the Son so that all might be saved through Him. Though the way of the evil one is to bring darkness to the world, it cannot extinguish the Light Eternal. It is the desire of the Creator that no soul shall be lost, but He has left the choice to us. The Son continues to reach out to even the most wicked, that through Him, their sins may be forgiven.

We do not need to tempt the moments of time by wandering, for we do not know the last hour; therefore, we should seek to be ready in faith by living His Word. Through prayer, we may invite Him into our heart. Through prayer, we may feel His love. Through prayer, we let Him know we believe in Him. Through how we live our life, we live our belief. If we miss the mark of that belief in what we do and what we fail to do, we may pray to Him that He will forgive us and guide us away from our iniquity. Blessed are those who live by their belief, for on the last day, He will raise them up to live forever with Him in His kingdom.

May the peace and blessings of the Lord be with you always,
Prayer Soldier

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guardian Angel Store Forums Forum Index -> Reflections Printable Version All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: