Guardian Angel Store - Christian gifts and books to share your values

Site Search:

Store Search:

Home > Forums > Reflections > The Knock At The Door of Our Hea Home | Forums | My Account |  My Wishlist  |  Cart Contents  |  Checkout  |  www.GuardianAngelStore.com is RSS enabled.  Add this link to your feed reader to get our news updates.  In the forums add the link next to the forums you want to receive updates for.
 Navigation

Main
 Home
General
 News
 News Submission
 News Topics
 Search
 Sitemap
Community
 Forums
 Web Links
Members
 Account
Information
 About Us
 Contact
 FAQ
 Legal Documents
 Link To Us

Shopping

Aids--Classroom, Bible, Office
Angels
Automotive
Bereavement & Memorial
Bible Center
Books
Books, Used
Candles & Necessities
Church Supplies
Clothing
Collectibles/Figurines
Crosses/Crucifixes
Devotions
Encouragement/Inspirational Gift
Garden Decor
Gifts for Family & Friends
Home Treasures
Jewelry
Knights of Columbus Gifts
Love, Weddings & Marriage
Media - CDs/DVDs/Software
Message Cards
Names to Remember
Patriotism
Pocket Coins & Tokens
Sacramentals
Sacraments
Saints
Special Seasons
Sports
Toys/Games

New Products

Shop by Price
Under $10
From $10 - $30
From $30 - $50
From $50 - $100
Above $100
All Price Ranges

Guardian Angel Store: Forums

The Guardian Angel Store Forums :: View topic - The Knock At The Door of Our Heart
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Knock At The Door of Our Heart

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guardian Angel Store Forums Forum Index -> Reflections Printable Version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Prayer-Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:23 am    Post subject: The Knock At The Door of Our Heart Reply with quote

The Knock At The Door of Our Heart

Scripture:

Behold the days shall come, says the Lord, and I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Juda: Not according to the covenant which I made with their fathers, in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt: the covenant which they made void, and I had dominion over them, says the Lord. But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel, after those days, says the Lord: I will give my law in their depths, and I will write it in their heart: and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. And they shall teach no more every man his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying: Know the Lord: for all shall know me from the least of them even to the greatest, says the Lord: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more. (Jeremiah 31:31-34)

Who in the days of his flesh, with a strong cry and tears, offering up prayers and supplications to him that was able to save him from death, was heard for his reverence. And whereas indeed he was the Son of God, he learned obedience by the things which he suffered: And being consummated, he became, to all that obey him, the cause of eternal salvation. (Hebrews 5:7-9)

Now there were certain Gentiles among them, who came up to adore on the festival day. These therefore came to Philip, who was of Bethsaida of Galilee, and desired him, saying: Sir, we would see Jesus. Philip comes, and tells Andrew. Again Andrew and Philip told Jesus. But Jesus answered them, saying: The hour is come, that the Son of man should be glorified. Amen, amen I say to you, unless the grain of wheat falling into the ground die, itself remains alone. But if it die, it brings forth much fruit. He that loves his life shall lose it; and he that hates his life in this world, keeps it unto life eternal.

If any man minister to me, let him follow me; and where I am, there also shall my minister be. If any man minister to me, him will my Father honor. Now is my soul troubled. And what shall I say? Father, save me from this hour. But for this cause I came unto this hour. Father, glorify your name. A voice therefore came from heaven: I have both glorified it, and will glorify it again. The multitude therefore that stood and heard, said that it thundered. Others said: An angel spoke to him. Jesus answered, and said: This voice came not because of me, but for your sakes.

Now is the judgment of the world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out. And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all things to myself. (Now this he said, signifying what death he should die.)
(John 12:20-33)

Reflection:

It is He who knocks at every heart. It is He who seeks our understanding of His Word. He does not leave out anyone, for He has made everyone. In our understanding, we should know He seeks a relationship with all of us, no matter where we live, the vocations we have chosen or the blood of our ancestors. His compassion for us is so great, He is willing to forgive our sin if we turn to Him.

Through His only begotten Son, through an act of love for the generations; the sin of the world was taken up so that all who believed in the Son might be forgiven their iniquity, so that they may be cleansed, so that they may enter the gates through which is received eternal love and eternal life.

As it was foretold, it was not just the chosen for which He came, but for the sinner of every tribe and nation. He came to teach and to provide the light for the path to His kingdom. Though it was for a short time He walked among the people, the witness of His Word and of His deed would be passed for the blessings of the generations. He came to share the glory of the one true God, the God who offers eternal love and eternal life to all the children of His creation.

The people who thronged to Him did not understand the importance of what He did for those not yet born, but they could feel His life moving within their hearts. They felt that which was in the moment, but they did not comprehend fully that which would happen through the hour which was to come; that His life, death and resurrection would move through the hearts of and for the salvation of the generations.

Some will be blinded by evil and will profess He never lived, but every heart at some point will feel His knock. It is our choice to open the door to our belief in Him. It is our choice to open the door to His Word. It is our choice to open the door to a better way. It is our choice to open the door to His love. It is our choice to open the door to eternal life. All this we may receive if we are willing to open the door of our heart to Him.

May the peace and blessings of the Lord be with you always,
Prayer Soldier

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guardian Angel Store Forums Forum Index -> Reflections Printable Version All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: