Guardian Angel Store - Christian gifts and books to share your values

Site Search:

Store Search:

Home > Forums > Reflections > He Sent His Prophets and His Son Home | Forums | My Account |  My Wishlist  |  Cart Contents  |  Checkout  |  www.GuardianAngelStore.com is RSS enabled.  Add this link to your feed reader to get our news updates.  In the forums add the link next to the forums you want to receive updates for.
 Navigation

Main
 Home
General
 News
 News Submission
 News Topics
 Search
 Sitemap
Community
 Forums
 Web Links
Members
 Account
Information
 About Us
 Contact
 FAQ
 Legal Documents
 Link To Us

Shopping

Aids--Classroom, Bible, Office
Angels
Automotive
Bereavement & Memorial
Bible Center
Books
Books, Used
Candles & Necessities
Church Supplies
Clothing
Collectibles/Figurines
Crosses/Crucifixes
Devotions
Encouragement/Inspirational Gift
Garden Decor
Gifts for Family & Friends
Home Treasures
Jewelry
Knights of Columbus Gifts
Love, Weddings & Marriage
Media - CDs/DVDs/Software
Message Cards
Names to Remember
Patriotism
Pocket Coins & Tokens
Sacramentals
Sacraments
Saints
Special Seasons
Sports
Toys/Games

New Products

Shop by Price
Under $10
From $10 - $30
From $30 - $50
From $50 - $100
Above $100
All Price Ranges

Guardian Angel Store: Forums

The Guardian Angel Store Forums :: View topic - He Sent His Prophets and His Son
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

He Sent His Prophets and His Son

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guardian Angel Store Forums Forum Index -> Reflections Printable Version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Prayer-Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:19 pm    Post subject: He Sent His Prophets and His Son Reply with quote

He Sent His Prophets and His Son

Scripture:

And the spirit entered into me after that he spoke to me, and he set me upon my feet: and I heard him speaking to me, and saying: Son of man, I send you to the children of Israel, to a rebellious people, that has revolted from me, they, and their fathers, have transgressed my covenant even unto this day. And they to whom I send you are children of a hard face, and of an obstinate heart: and you shall say to them: Thus says the Lord God: If so be they at least will hear, and if so be they will forbear, for they are a provoking house: and they shall know that there has been a prophet in the midst of them. (Ezekiel 2:2-5)

And lest the greatness of the revelations should exalt me, there was given me a sting of my flesh, an angel of Satan, to buffet me. For which thing thrice I besought the Lord, that it might depart from me. And he said to me: My grace is sufficient for you; for power is made perfect in infirmity. Gladly therefore will I glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may dwell in me. For which cause I please myself in my infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ. For when I am weak, then am I powerful. (2 Corinthians 12:7-10)

And going out from thence, he went into his own country; and his disciples followed him. And when the sabbath was come, he began to teach in the synagogue: and many hearing him were in admiration at his doctrine, saying: How came this man by all these things? and what wisdom is this that is given to him, and such mighty works as are wrought by his hands? Is not this the carpenter, the son of Mary, the brother of James, and Joseph, and Jude, and Simon? are not also his sisters here with us? And they were scandalized in regard of him. And Jesus said to them: A prophet is not without honor, but in his own country, and in his own house, and among his own kindred. And he could not do any miracles there, only that he cured a few that were sick, laying his hands upon them. And he wondered because of their unbelief, and he went through the villages round about teaching. (Mark 6:1-6)

Reflection:

As it was then, it is now that many resist Him and many walk ignorant of Him. We need not look far for the presence of evil or the emissaries who promote it. Unless we become hermits within the world, we cannot seem to avoid the reach of that which seeks the ruin of souls. Parents fail their children for fathers and mothers leave their offspring to the world, but do not seek to lovingly lead them to Him. As our youth grow without knowing Him, they become easy prey for the deceptions of the evil one.

What if God sent a prophet today to remind us of what was taught to us by all the prophets past? Would the people listen? Would parents heed the call and fulfill their responsibilities to raise, educate and prepare the generations to come; not just to survive the world, but to prepare for His kingdom? Will they bring their children to Him so that they might know Him and receive Him? Would the people become responsible stewards of all which He has entrusted to them, or will they continue the path of those who have wandered from Him and continue to persecute those who live His Word?

He has already sent His angels and His prophets. He has given us His scripture. He has sent us His only begotten Son. He has sent the Holy Spirit. If the people will not listen to these, what purpose does one more prophet serve? As we look at the world, we might be tempted to believe that all hope is lost as so many souls turn from Him in ignorance. It need not be so. We need not despair, for hope remains within the faithful, those who live as a light through which those within the darkness might see His blessings. Hope remains with those who have invited Him within their hearts, who live and speak the blessings of His love. It is through the light which the faithful share that others may be encouraged and brought out of the void.

As we look at the ways of the world, we might be tempted to believe that we are powerless in the face of a swelling wickedness. At every turn, we see the evil of greed, incivility and violence which robs dignity from the people. Morals are set aside and life is threatened. The innocent cry out and tears are shed because of the harm which follows.

We need not fear as darkness flows throughout the land, for He proved to us from upon the cross the power of His grace and the victory of His love over the ravages of evil. No matter what crushes us within the world, we know it cannot follow us into His kingdom. As we invite Him within our hearts, we also invite the strength and wisdom of His love. If we ask Him in prayer, He will guide us through each day and enable us to see the blessings to come when evil is swept away and all which shall remain is the grace of His love.

As one person, we cannot control the world. As one person, we cannot change the direction of governments. As one person, we cannot change the expanse of people. As one person, we are like a single ant set out to move a mountain range, but we need not take on the woes of the world as one person, for He is within us and with God, all things are possible. We should not think of ourselves as by ourselves, for through Him, we may join in community with the faithful who surround us.

In prayer, we may ask for His guidance. In prayer, we may ask for the Holy Spirit to lead us to the opportunities where we may lend our talents to do His will and to those who will help us. As a community of the faithful, we have the opportunity to join hearts and hands, to share the messages of the prophets, to share the blessings of His scripture, and to care for one another so that we may bring forth the yield of His commandments of love. As a member of the community of the faithful, we have the opportunity to step forward to encourage others so that the faithful few may become many.

We should not allow ourselves to become discouraged should others ridicule us for what we have found through Him, for they remain ignorant of from what they turn. It becomes our task, not to turn in vengeance as evil would have us do, but to live so that those who mock may see His glory, so that they may see the blessings to which they were blind, so that they may see the love, grace and mercy which they too may inherit. Those we help to see will become as the flame which is shared from candle to candle. Let us, then, answer His call to spread to all who may hear, to all who may listen, the glory of our Lord and Savior.

May the peace and blessings of the Lord be with you always,
Prayer Soldier

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guardian Angel Store Forums Forum Index -> Reflections Printable Version All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: