Guardian Angel Store - Christian gifts and books to share your values

Site Search:

Store Search:

Home > Forums > Reflections > Pressure to Silence His Word Home | Forums | My Account |  My Wishlist  |  Cart Contents  |  Checkout  |  www.GuardianAngelStore.com is RSS enabled.  Add this link to your feed reader to get our news updates.  In the forums add the link next to the forums you want to receive updates for.
 Navigation

Main
 Home
General
 News
 News Submission
 News Topics
 Search
 Sitemap
Community
 Forums
 Web Links
Members
 Account
Information
 About Us
 Contact
 FAQ
 Legal Documents
 Link To Us

Shopping

Aids--Classroom, Bible, Office
Angels
Automotive
Bereavement & Memorial
Bible Center
Books
Books, Used
Candles & Necessities
Church Supplies
Clothing
Collectibles/Figurines
Crosses/Crucifixes
Devotions
Encouragement/Inspirational Gift
Garden Decor
Gifts for Family & Friends
Home Treasures
Jewelry
Knights of Columbus Gifts
Love, Weddings & Marriage
Media - CDs/DVDs/Software
Message Cards
Names to Remember
Patriotism
Pocket Coins & Tokens
Sacramentals
Sacraments
Saints
Special Seasons
Sports
Toys/Games

New Products

Shop by Price
Under $10
From $10 - $30
From $30 - $50
From $50 - $100
Above $100
All Price Ranges

Guardian Angel Store: Forums

The Guardian Angel Store Forums :: View topic - Pressure to Silence His Word
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pressure to Silence His Word

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guardian Angel Store Forums Forum Index -> Reflections Printable Version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Prayer-Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:30 pm    Post subject: Pressure to Silence His Word Reply with quote

Pressure to Silence His Word

Scripture:

You have deceived me, O Lord, and I am deceived: you have been stronger than I, and you have prevailed. I am become a laughing stock all the day, all scoff at me. For I am speaking now this long time, crying out against iniquity, and I often proclaim devastation: and the word of the Lord is made a reproach to me, and a derision all the day. Then I said: I will not make mention of him, nor speak any more in his name: and there came in my heart as a burning fire, shut up in my bones, and I was wearied, not being able to bear it. (Jeremiah 20:7-9)

I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercy of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, pleasing unto God, your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world: but be reformed in the newness of your mind, that you may prove what is the good and the acceptable and the perfect will of God. (Romans 12:1-2)

From that time Jesus began to show to his disciples, that he must go to Jerusalem, and suffer many things from the ancients and scribes and chief priests, and be put to death, and the third day rise again. And Peter taking him, began to rebuke him, saying: Lord, be it far from you, this shall not be unto you. Who turning, said to Peter: Go behind me, Satan, you are a scandal unto me: because you savor not the things that are of God, but the things that are of men. Then Jesus said to his disciples: If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me. For he that will save his life, shall lose it: and he that shall lose his life for my sake, shall find it. For what does it profit a man, if he gain the whole world and suffer the loss of his own soul? Or what exchange shall a man give for his soul? For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels: and then will he render to every man according to his works. (Matthew 16:21-27)

Reflection:

The world seeks to silence those who believe in Him. The social pressure at school or at work is for the faithful to make no mention of God, nor should they be allowed to express the blessings of His Word or share how prayers have been answered. Even within a land where the government is prohibited by its Constitution from restricting the free exercise of religion, the darkness of the world finds ways to silence those who follow Him.

Through twisted words and logic; prayer, professions of faith and practice of religious traditions are prohibited in the public square lest someone might profess offense. In the media and in the courts of this land of freedom, separation of church and state is interpreted as freedom to prohibit religion rather than protection of the freedom to practice religion. It is interpreted that the mere presence or recognition of religious traditions has the same force and effect as legislators enacting laws which establish a governmental religion along with punishments for those who fail to follow its tenants; therefore, many believe government must prevent profession of faith in God, prayer to God or display of scripture or symbols which might remind anyone of God wherever the government is present or engaged.

In the face of an intolerant society, some may find it easier to walk in silence and share their faith only within the walls of their church. What they do not see is that the design of evil is to keep His Word from their tongues lest they might begin to learn from it, find the depth of its blessings and share it so that His light may spread from heart to heart. Those weak in faith may hear the calling of the worldly pressure which surrounds them, but those who have felt Him in their heart cannot remain forever turned from Him. No matter how hard the world demands they put Him away, the day will come where they must once again feel Him stir within their heart. Blessed are those who listen for Him and proclaim His name, for they bring hope to the world.

If religious freedom is to be protected, the faithful must not allow themselves to be silenced. In free lands, the faithful must peacefully raise their voice to protect their freedom and rights to worship, else the day will come where their land, too, will become like the lands where the faithful are forced to renounce their faith or face torture and death. How ironic, that in lands of great persecution, the faithful give their lives for Him, yet, in free lands, so many are willing to bow to social pressure for religious silence.

For what reason are His faithful persecuted? Is it because they remind the world that there is a better way? Is it because they remind the world of His commandments to love? Is it because they remind the world that all should be able to live with the expectation they shall treat and be treated by their neighbor in a manner which is right and just? Is it because they remind the world of the blessings of selflessness over selfishness? Is it because they remind the world that His is the eternal kingdom of grace, mercy, peace and love?

The evil one demands the suppression of His Word as well as the good news of the salvation all might receive through their belief in the One sacrificed for the sins of the world. Satan does not want the people to see, hear or experience the Word or to know its many blessings. The evil one does not want the children of His creation to see His light or the path to His kingdom.

God has placed the choice before every heart to do what is right and just. He has placed the choice before every heart to love. He has placed the choice before every heart to live by the blessings, grace and mercy of His Word. He has placed the choice before every heart to reject the ways of the world and seek a better way.

The challenge for every soul is to choose for the moment or to choose for eternity. The moment is at hand, but for many, eternity seems so far away. So many fail to see that they may choose what is right and just for both. To often, people see the moment as an opportunity for pleasure which should not be denied, but fail to see the deeper blessings of seeking the ways of His Word. The depth of love which is possible only through Him will yield what is beyond any distraction or addiction of the world, for His love is full while the ways of the world are fleeting and empty. Blessed are those who rejoice in His Word, for they have a glimpse of what God sees and are able to look beyond what only people see.

May the peace and blessings of the Lord be with you always,
Prayer Soldier

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guardian Angel Store Forums Forum Index -> Reflections Printable Version All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: