Guardian Angel Store - Christian gifts and books to share your values

Site Search:

Store Search:

Home > Forums > Reflections > The Soul Which Hears His Call Home | Forums | My Account |  My Wishlist  |  Cart Contents  |  Checkout  |  www.GuardianAngelStore.com is RSS enabled.  Add this link to your feed reader to get our news updates.  In the forums add the link next to the forums you want to receive updates for.
 Navigation

Main
 Home
General
 News
 News Submission
 News Topics
 Search
 Sitemap
Community
 Forums
 Web Links
Members
 Account
Information
 About Us
 Contact
 FAQ
 Legal Documents
 Link To Us

Shopping

Aids--Classroom, Bible, Office
Angels
Automotive
Bereavement & Memorial
Bible Center
Books
Books, Used
Candles & Necessities
Church Supplies
Clothing
Collectibles/Figurines
Crosses/Crucifixes
Devotions
Encouragement/Inspirational Gift
Garden Decor
Gifts for Family & Friends
Home Treasures
Jewelry
Knights of Columbus Gifts
Love, Weddings & Marriage
Media - CDs/DVDs/Software
Message Cards
Names to Remember
Patriotism
Pocket Coins & Tokens
Sacramentals
Sacraments
Saints
Special Seasons
Sports
Toys/Games

New Products

Shop by Price
Under $10
From $10 - $30
From $30 - $50
From $50 - $100
Above $100
All Price Ranges

Guardian Angel Store: Forums

The Guardian Angel Store Forums :: View topic - The Soul Which Hears His Call
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Soul Which Hears His Call

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guardian Angel Store Forums Forum Index -> Reflections Printable Version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Prayer-Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:41 pm    Post subject: The Soul Which Hears His Call Reply with quote

The Soul Which Hears His Call

Scripture:

Thus said the Lord to my anointed Cyrus, whose right hand I have taken hold of, to subdue nations before his face, and to turn the backs of kings, and to open the doors before him, and the gates shall not be shut.

For the sake of my servant Jacob, and Israel my elect, I have even called you by your name: I have made a likeness of you, and you have not known me. I am the Lord, and there is none else: there is no God besides me: I girded you, and you have not known me: That they may know who are from the rising of the sun, and they who are from the west, that there is none besides me. I am the Lord, and there is none else:
(Isaiah 45:1, 4-6)

Paul and Sylvanus and Timothy to the church of the Thessalonians: in God the Father and in the Lord Jesus Christ. Grace be to you and peace. We give thanks to God always for you all: making a remembrance of you in our prayers without ceasing, being mindful of the work of your faith and labor and charity: and of the enduring of the hope of our Lord Jesus Christ before God and our Father. Knowing, brethren, beloved of God, your election: For our gospel has not been unto you in word only, but in power also: and in the Holy Spirit and in much fullness, as you know what manner of men we have been among you for your sakes. (1 Thessalonians 1:1-5)

Then the Pharisees going, consulted among themselves how to ensnare him in his speech. And they sent to him their disciples with the Herodians, saying: Master, we know that you are a true speaker and teach the way of God in truth. Neither care you for any man: for you do not regard the person of men. Tell us therefore what do you think? Is it lawful to give tribute to Caesar, or not? But Jesus knowing their wickedness, said: Why do you tempt me, you hypocrites? Show me the coin of the tribute. And they offered him a penny. And Jesus said to them: Whose image and inscription is this? They say to him: That of Ceaser. Then he said to them: Render therefore to Caesar the things that are belong to Caesar; and to God, the things that belong to God. (Matthew 22:15-21)

Reflection:

It is the way of people to sense that He is there, but they do not comprehend Him, for they do not see Him as they see one another. They often search for some meaning or purpose for their existence, but they do not understand His desires for their works. Though He calls each by name to fulfill His plan, He leaves to them the choice as to whether they shall give themselves over to His will or the will of the world. Because they see only the world, so many choose wrongly. So many make up gods and philosophies from which to fill a void they perceive within their existence. They fail to realize there is no void, for there are no true gods but the One who is. They fail to understand they will never know Him if they do not open themselves to Him.

He walks the path with the children of His creation, but so many do not know Him for they do not seek Him in prayer, they do not study His Word. He has created all which is about them, but they are blind to the complexity and wonder of His design. They believe that all which exists, in all of its divine splendor, is merely from accidental combinations of chemistry and physics. They offer this explanation although they cannot observe all which they believe, for it is all which they can perceive; they cannot fathom from within their hearts from whence the great design of the universe came. He is the One who set all the laws of science and nature in motion, but so many fail to discover Him because He is so far beyond them. Even the most intelligent among them struggle with comprehending even the simplest of His mysteries.

To each heart He calls, but few will hear His voice, few will comprehend His Word, few will follow His ways, and fewer will enter the door He has opened to His kingdom. For each soul, He has a purpose. Within each heart, He has placed a gift. Blessed are those who seek Him, for they will discover what He desires for them. Blessed are those who follow Him, for they will receive His blessings. Blessed are those who invite Him into their heart, for He will guide them to His kingdom.

The world will know Him through those who respond to His call. As they seek the Holy Spirit to guide them in truth, they will live as an example of His Word. The world will know the glory of the Lord through those who spread His love and blessings. Evil ones may persecute, they may win battles of oppression, they may subjugate the people to ways of the world, they may bring anguish to the innocent they may judge unjustly and do all forms of harm; but they will come to a dark end for He will allow no tyranny to stand. He has promised the gates of the netherworld shall not prevail against His church ( Matthew 16:18 ); therefore, He will not allow evil to prevail against those who turn to Him.

He will set the hand of His faithful to His great works. Blessed are those who answer His call, for they will light the fire of faith for many hearts and they will help turn the tide of evil. They will become the light through which the darkness is extinguished. They will bring blessings to the people and end the violence spawned by evil. They will build the families of love. They shall nourish the generations with His truth and set the foundations of faith through the sharing of His Word. Only those with His truth and love within their hearts will find His gate. Only through the sacrifice of His Holy Son will souls be redeemed and sanctified to enter.

Many will stand as false prophets, encouraged by the evil one to seduce and deceive. Many will fall victim to smiles set before them; pleasantness which only hides wickedness. Many will seek to dominate the ways of others to satisfy their selfish ambitions. By their choice, He will leave them to their ways. By their choice, He will let them squander themselves to the ways of the world, but He will not abandon those who turn to Him. The world shall keep what is dust and what shall return to dust, but to Himself, He shall gather within His kingdom the soul which heeds His call, which believes in Him, and which seeks to be healed.

May the peace and blessings of the Lord be with you always,
Prayer Soldier

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guardian Angel Store Forums Forum Index -> Reflections Printable Version All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: