Guardian Angel Store - Christian gifts and books to share your values

Site Search:

Store Search:

Home > Forums > Reflections > If We Invite The Holy Spirit Wit Home | Forums | My Account |  My Wishlist  |  Cart Contents  |  Checkout  |  www.GuardianAngelStore.com is RSS enabled.  Add this link to your feed reader to get our news updates.  In the forums add the link next to the forums you want to receive updates for.
 Navigation

Main
 Home
General
 News
 News Submission
 News Topics
 Search
 Sitemap
Community
 Forums
 Web Links
Members
 Account
Information
 About Us
 Contact
 FAQ
 Legal Documents
 Link To Us

Shopping

Aids--Classroom, Bible, Office
Angels
Automotive
Bereavement & Memorial
Bible Center
Books
Books, Used
Candles & Necessities
Church Supplies
Clothing
Collectibles/Figurines
Crosses/Crucifixes
Devotions
Encouragement/Inspirational Gift
Garden Decor
Gifts for Family & Friends
Home Treasures
Jewelry
Knights of Columbus Gifts
Love, Weddings & Marriage
Media - CDs/DVDs/Software
Message Cards
Names to Remember
Patriotism
Pocket Coins & Tokens
Sacramentals
Sacraments
Saints
Special Seasons
Sports
Toys/Games

New Products

Shop by Price
Under $10
From $10 - $30
From $30 - $50
From $50 - $100
Above $100
All Price Ranges

Guardian Angel Store: Forums

The Guardian Angel Store Forums :: View topic - If We Invite The Holy Spirit Within Us
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

If We Invite The Holy Spirit Within Us

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guardian Angel Store Forums Forum Index -> Reflections Printable Version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Prayer-Soldier

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 8:46 am    Post subject: If We Invite The Holy Spirit Within Us Reply with quote

If We Invite The Holy Spirit Within Us

Scripture:

And when the days of the Pentecost were accomplished, they were all together in one place: And suddenly there came a sound from heaven, as of a mighty wind coming: and it filled the whole house where they were sitting. And there appeared to them parted tongues, as it were of fire: and it sat upon every one of them. And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit: and they began to speak with diverse tongues, according as the Holy Spirit gave them to speak. Now there were dwelling at Jerusalem, Jews, devout men, out of every nation under heaven. And when this was noised abroad, the multitude came together, and were confounded in mind, because that every man heard them speak in his own tongue. And they were all amazed, and wondered, saying: Behold, are not all these that speak Galilean? And how have we heard, every man our own tongue wherein we were born? Parthians and Medes and Elamites and inhabitants of Mesopotamia, Judea, and Cappadocia, Pontus and Asia, Phrygia and Pamphylia, Egypt and the parts of Libya about Cyrene, and strangers of Rome, Jews also, and proselytes, Cretes, and Arabians: we have heard them speak in our own tongues the wonderful works of God. (Acts 2:1-11)

No man can say The Lord Jesus, but by the Holy Spirit. Now there are diversities of graces, but the same Spirit. And there are diversities of ministries, but the same Lord. And there are diversities of operations, but the same God, who works all in all. And the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man unto some benefit. For as the body is one and has many members; and all the members of the body, whereas they are many, yet are one body: So also is Christ. For in one Spirit were we all baptized into one body, whether Jews or Gentiles, whether bond or free: and in one Spirit we have all been made to drink. (1 Corinthians 12:3-7, 12-13)

If you love me, keep my commandments. And I will ask the Father: and he shall give you another Paraclete, that he may abide with you for ever: Jesus answered and said to him: If any one love me, he will keep my word. And my Father will love him and we will come to him and will make our abode with him. He that loves me not keeps not my words. And the word which you have heard is not mine; but the Father?s who sent me. These things have I spoken to you, abiding with you. But the Paraclete, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things and bring all things to your mind, whatsoever I shall have said to you. (John 14:15-16, 23-26)

Reflection:

If we seek to bring the Holy Spirit within our hearts, we shall not be denied the truth, for Jesus sent the Holy Spirit to remind us of all He taught us through His disciples. (John 14:26) It was through the Holy Spirit the apostles received the wisdom, courage and strength to go forth and spread the good news of the Lord. It was through the Holy Spirit through which the apostles were guided in how they may select from among the faithful to replace the one among themselves who had fallen. (Acts 1:15-26) It was through the Holy Spirit through which His faithful were able to preach to those who would open their ears to hear. Blessed are we for those He sent so that we might receive His truth.

His truth did not remain only within the few He sent forth, for His Word spread from ear to ear, and the Holy Spirit from heart to heart. Those who received Him were not called to hide and keep His Word within themselves, but were called to live and spread His truth. The Holy Spirit was not meant to reside in the shadows, but to reside in the hearts of the faithful through which they may be guided to the blessings of faith, hope, charity and love. As the Holy Spirit spreads from heart to heart, so does His work, for the gifts of the Holy Spirit are meant to be shared with all the children of His creation.

If we invite the Holy Spirit within our hearts, He will not deny us. The Holy Spirit will open the talents God created within us so that His will may be done and we may bring blessings to all who cross our path. If we invite the Holy Spirit within our hearts, He will guide us to see through those who would deceive us to paths away from our God. If we invite the Holy Spirit within our hearts, He will help us see as God would have us see. If we ask in prayer, the Holy Spirit will grant us wisdom, courage and strength so that we may turn our lives away from the twisted paths of the world and towards the straight path of the Lord. Blessed are we for the gift of the Holy Spirit, for He will guide us in truth, faith, hope, civility, compassion, charity and love.

May the peace and blessings of the Lord be with you always,
Prayer Soldier

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guardian Angel Store Forums Forum Index -> Reflections Printable Version All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: