Guardian Angel Store - Christian gifts and books to share your values

Site Search:

Store Search:

Home > Forums > Reflections > Blessed Are Those Who Are Welcom Home | Forums | My Account |  My Wishlist  |  Cart Contents  |  Checkout  |  www.GuardianAngelStore.com is RSS enabled.  Add this link to your feed reader to get our news updates.  In the forums add the link next to the forums you want to receive updates for.
 Navigation

Main
 Home
General
 News
 News Submission
 News Topics
 Search
 Sitemap
Community
 Forums
 Web Links
Members
 Account
Information
 About Us
 Contact
 FAQ
 Legal Documents
 Link To Us

Shopping

Aids--Classroom, Bible, Office
Angels
Automotive
Bereavement & Memorial
Bible Center
Books
Books, Used
Candles & Necessities
Church Supplies
Clothing
Collectibles/Figurines
Crosses/Crucifixes
Devotions
Encouragement/Inspirational Gift
Garden Decor
Gifts for Family & Friends
Home Treasures
Jewelry
Knights of Columbus Gifts
Love, Weddings & Marriage
Media - CDs/DVDs/Software
Message Cards
Names to Remember
Patriotism
Pocket Coins & Tokens
Sacramentals
Sacraments
Saints
Special Seasons
Sports
Toys/Games

New Products

Shop by Price
Under $10
From $10 - $30
From $30 - $50
From $50 - $100
Above $100
All Price Ranges

Guardian Angel Store: Forums

The Guardian Angel Store Forums :: View topic - Blessed Are Those Who Are Welcomed Back
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Blessed Are Those Who Are Welcomed Back

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guardian Angel Store Forums Forum Index -> Reflections Printable Version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Prayer-Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:50 pm    Post subject: Blessed Are Those Who Are Welcomed Back Reply with quote

Blessed Are Those Who Are Welcomed Back

Scripture:

And the Lord spoke to Moses, saying: Go, get you down: your people, which you have brought out of the land of Egypt, have sinned. They have quickly strayed from the way which you did show them: and they have made to themselves a molten calf, and have adored it, and sacrificing victims to it, have said: These are your gods, O Israel, that have brought you out of the land of Egypt. And again the Lord said to Moses: I see that this people is stiff necked: Let me alone, that my wrath may be kindled against them, and that I may destroy them, and I will make of you a great nation. But Moses besought the Lord his God, saying: Why, O Lord, is your indignation enkindled against your people, whom you have brought out of the land of Egypt, with great power, and with a mighty hand?

Remember Abraham, Isaac, and Israel, your servants, to whom you swore by your own self, saying: I will multiply your seed as the stars of heaven: and this whole land that I have spoken of, I will give to your seed, and you shall possess it for ever: And the Lord was appeased from doing the evil which he had spoken against his people.
(Exodus 32:7-11, 13-14)

I give him thanks who has strengthened me, even to Christ Jesus our Lord, for that he has counted me faithful, putting me in the ministry: Who before was a blasphemer and a persecutor and offender. But I obtained the mercy of God, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief. Now the grace of our Lord has abounded exceedingly with faith and love, which is in Christ Jesus. A faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am the chief. But for this cause have I obtained mercy: that in me first Christ Jesus might show forth all patience, for the information of them that shall believe in him unto life everlasting. Now to the king of ages, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever. Amen. (1 Timothy 1:12-17)

Now the publicans and sinners drew near unto him to hear him. And the Pharisees and the scribes murmured, saying: This man receives sinners and eats with them. And he spoke to them this parable, saying: What man of you that has a hundred sheep, and if he shall lose one of them, does he not leave the ninety-nine in the desert and go after that which was lost, until he find it? And when he has found it, lay it upon his shoulders, rejoicing? And coming home, call together his friends and neighbors, saying to them: Rejoice with me, because I have found my sheep that was lost? I say to you that even so there shall be joy in heaven upon one sinner that does penance, more than upon ninety-nine just who need not penance.

Or what woman having ten coins, if she lose one coin, does not light a candle and sweep the house and seek diligently until she find it? And when she hath found it, call together her friends and neighbors, saying: Rejoice with me, because I have found the coin which I had lost. So I say to you, there shall be joy before the angels of God upon one sinner doing penance.

And he said: A certain man had two sons; and the younger of them said to his father: Father, give me the portion of substance that falls to me. And he divided unto them his substance. And not many days after, the younger son, gathering all together, went abroad into a far country: and there wasted his substance, living riotously. And after he had spent all, there came a mighty famine in that country: and he began to be in want. And he went and cleaved to one of the citizens of that country. And he sent him into his farm to feed swine. And he would fain have filled his belly with the husks the swine did eat: and no man gave unto him.

And returning to himself, he said: How many hired servants in the house of my father abound with bread, and I here perish with hunger! I will arise and will go to my father and say to him: Father, I have sinned against heaven and before you. I am not worthy to be called your son: make me as one of your hired servants.

And rising up, he came to his father. And when he was yet a great way off, his father saw him and was moved with compassion and running to him fell upon his neck and kissed him. And the son said to him: Father: I have sinned against heaven and before you I am not now worthy to be called your son. And the father said to his servants: Bring forth quickly the first robe and put it on him: and put a ring on his hand and shoes on his feet. And bring hither the fatted calf, and kill it: and let us eat and make merry: Because this my son was dead and is come to life again, was lost and is found. And they began to be merry.

Now his elder son was in the field and when he came and drew nigh to the house, he heard music and dancing. And he called one of the servants, and asked what these things meant. And he said to him: Your brother is come and your father has killed the fatted calf, because he has received him safe. And he was angry and would not go in. His father therefore coming out began to entreat him. And he answering, said to his father: Behold, for so many years do I serve you and I have never transgressed your commandment: and yet you have never given me a kid to make merry with my friends. But as soon as this your son is come, who has devoured his substance with harlots, you have killed for him the fatted calf. But he said to him: Son, you are always with me; and all I have is yours. But it was fit that we should make merry and be glad: for this your brother was dead and is come to life again; he was lost, and is found.
(Luke 15:1-32)

Reflection:

We might wonder, how is it that the memories of the people of Moses were so short? They saw the works of God as they were freed from the slavery of Egypt, yet, they turn and make unto themselves a molten calf as an object for their worship. They should observe that it was they who created it, not it who created them; therefore, they should wonder what is the logic in their doing? They unwittingly turned themselves from the mighty hand which they witnessed had released them from their slavery and instead, they turned their worship to an inanimate object. They sought from precious metal that which they may only receive from the God who loves them.

This story reveals how easy it is for the evil one to blind our reasoning and tempt us with our desires within the world. It reveals how quick many are to forget what was done for them by their Creator. Though we may see how God walks with us, the distractions are many which cause us to turn away from Him or to cause us to forget the many blessings we receive only through Him.

He asks that we love Him above all else and that we place nothing before Him. Unfortunately, each day our list seems to grow longer and longer as to what we give our attention before we may find time, if any, to devote to Him. Though we should turn our attention to Him every day, we too often gather around ourselves distractions whereby He becomes a distant thought.

There are those who turn from Him and later realize their folly. They discover that what they place within their lives ahead of Him is not lasting. They realize that what they received through Him cannot be replaced. We are so easily tempted by the evil one to turn to the ways of the world, but hopefully we will not wander too far before we realize the best path we may walk is the path where we may walk with Him.

If it were not for the patience and mercy of God, we would have no hope. Should we walk away, there is no reason, except for His great love for the children of His creation, that He should accept us back. Those who spurn Him should have no expectation of forgiveness, yet, He offers it freely. He rejoices, along with all in heaven, when those who wander into the darkness return to His light.

Should we find ourselves on the wrong path, at least while we have breath, we may turn away from our folly; the vain pursuits and paths of eternal emptiness; and turn our hearts back to Him. Though God would be well justified to turn us away, His promise is that He will welcome back those who realize what they have done and seek with a contrite heart to return to Him. Blessed are we that despite our sin, He is willing to forgive and welcome each of us with arms of love.

May the peace and blessings of the Lord be with you always,
Prayer Soldier

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guardian Angel Store Forums Forum Index -> Reflections Printable Version All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: