Guardian Angel Store - Christian gifts and books to share your values

Site Search:

Store Search:

Home > Forums > Reflections > The King Of Which Was Foretold Home | Forums | My Account |  My Wishlist  |  Cart Contents  |  Checkout  |  www.GuardianAngelStore.com is RSS enabled.  Add this link to your feed reader to get our news updates.  In the forums add the link next to the forums you want to receive updates for.
 Navigation

Main
 Home
General
 News
 News Submission
 News Topics
 Search
 Sitemap
Community
 Forums
 Web Links
Members
 Account
Information
 About Us
 Contact
 FAQ
 Legal Documents
 Link To Us

Shopping

Aids--Classroom, Bible, Office
Angels
Automotive
Bereavement & Memorial
Bible Center
Books
Books, Used
Candles & Necessities
Church Supplies
Clothing
Collectibles/Figurines
Crosses/Crucifixes
Devotions
Encouragement/Inspirational Gift
Garden Decor
Gifts for Family & Friends
Home Treasures
Jewelry
Knights of Columbus Gifts
Love, Weddings & Marriage
Media - CDs/DVDs/Software
Message Cards
Names to Remember
Patriotism
Pocket Coins & Tokens
Sacramentals
Sacraments
Saints
Special Seasons
Sports
Toys/Games

New Products

Shop by Price
Under $10
From $10 - $30
From $30 - $50
From $50 - $100
Above $100
All Price Ranges

Guardian Angel Store: Forums

The Guardian Angel Store Forums :: View topic - The King Of Which Was Foretold
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The King Of Which Was Foretold

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guardian Angel Store Forums Forum Index -> Reflections Printable Version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Prayer-Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:12 pm    Post subject: The King Of Which Was Foretold Reply with quote

The King Of Which Was Foretold

Scripture:

I beheld therefore in the vision of the night, and lo, one like the son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and he came even to the Ancient of days: and they presented him before him. And he gave him power, and glory, and a kingdom: and all peoples, tribes and tongues shall serve him: his power is an everlasting power that shall not be taken away: and his kingdom that shall not be destroyed. (Daniel 7:13-14)

And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth, who has loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood, and has made us a kingdom, and priests to God and his Father, to him be glory and empire for ever and ever. Amen. Behold, he comes with the clouds, and every eye shall see him, and they also that pierced him. And all the tribes of the earth shall bewail themselves because of him. Even so. Amen.

I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, says the Lord God, who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty.
( Revelation 1:5-8 )

Pilate therefore went into the hall again, and called Jesus, and said to him: Are you the king of the Jews? Jesus answered: Say you this thing of yourself, or have others told it to you of me? Pilate answered: Am I a Jew? Your own nation, and the chief priests, have delivered you up to me: what have you done?

Jesus answered: My kingdom is not of this world. If my kingdom were of this world, my servants would certainly strive that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now my kingdom is not from hence. Pilate therefore said to him: Are you a king then? Jesus answered: You say that I am a king. For this was I born, and for this came I into the world; that I should give testimony to the truth. Every one that is of the truth, hears my voice.
(John 18:33-37)

Reflection:

Because our experience is of this world, our tendency is to reason by our observations of the world. Time passes before us, but we do not see all of time. We are unable to observe all which transpired in the past, all which transpires in the present or all which shall come. Battles are waged, but we struggle to comprehend the causes or what will transpire from the outcomes. No generation passes untouched by violence. We yearn for the possibility of happiness, yet, evil and all of its temptations snatches goodness from our grasp.

The innocent yearn for the One who will protect them while the wicked plot their evils. Those who suffer cry out to heaven for justice. The oppressed seek the hand of the One who will deliver them. Hope resides in the hearts of the faithful for through the prophets, the time of His coming is foretold.

In the prophesy of Daniel, we hear of the One who will have everlasting power and a kingdom that will not be destroyed. It is a prophecy of the One against which evil will fight, but cannot prevail. It is a prophecy of the One who will lead all peoples and kings.

In Matthew 16:16, Peter responds that he believes Jesus is the Son of God. In that moment, Jesus confirms who He is by telling Peter, ?Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah. For flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but my heavenly Father (Matthew 16:17).? Jesus continues, ?And so I say to you, you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church, and the gates of the netherworld shall not prevail against it. I will give you the keys to the kingdom of heaven. Whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven; and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven (Matthew 16:18-19)."

Through His church, He guides those who seek Him. Through His church, He provides the opportunity for His people to discover Him. Through His church, they may receive the blessings of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. Through His church, His faithful may join hands to fulfill His commandment to love one another as He loves us (John 13:31-35). Through His church, the faithful may prepare for the day they are brought to Him so that they may enter into His kingdom where they may be brought to the Father and live with Him forever.

As Jesus was questioned by Pilot, Jesus revealed that His kingdom was not of this world. Jesus responded that His purpose for coming to the world was so that the world might know the truth. The truth which He holds is of the path to the kingdom where evil is not allowed to enter. Though the evil one seeks to deceive the world, it is through the Son the truth is revealed. Though the Son has passed from the world, for the salvation of the world and to sit at the right hand of the Father, He has sent to us the Holy Spirit (John 14:15-31) to remind us of the truth and all which was revealed through the Word made flesh (John 1:1-5).

We are blessed that it is by the blood of the Son that we may be washed of the stain of our iniquities and purified to enter into His kingdom. It is but our choice to accept what He offers and to live by the blessings of His commandments. Though the evil one will make every attempt to keep us from Him, if we seek Him with a contrite heart (Luke 18:9-14, 23:39-43), the evil one cannot prevail.

May the peace and blessings of the Lord be with you always,
Prayer Soldier

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guardian Angel Store Forums Forum Index -> Reflections Printable Version All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: