Guardian Angel Store - Christian gifts and books to share your values

Site Search:

Store Search:

Home > Forums > Reflections > The One Who Provides for our Gre Home | Forums | My Account |  My Wishlist  |  Cart Contents  |  Checkout  |  www.GuardianAngelStore.com is RSS enabled.  Add this link to your feed reader to get our news updates.  In the forums add the link next to the forums you want to receive updates for.
 Navigation

Main
 Home
General
 News
 News Submission
 News Topics
 Search
 Sitemap
Community
 Forums
 Web Links
Members
 Account
Information
 About Us
 Contact
 FAQ
 Legal Documents
 Link To Us

Shopping

Aids--Classroom, Bible, Office
Angels
Automotive
Bereavement & Memorial
Bible Center
Books
Books, Used
Candles & Necessities
Church Supplies
Clothing
Collectibles/Figurines
Crosses/Crucifixes
Devotions
Encouragement/Inspirational Gift
Garden Decor
Gifts for Family & Friends
Home Treasures
Jewelry
Knights of Columbus Gifts
Love, Weddings & Marriage
Media - CDs/DVDs/Software
Message Cards
Names to Remember
Patriotism
Pocket Coins & Tokens
Sacramentals
Sacraments
Saints
Special Seasons
Sports
Toys/Games

New Products

Shop by Price
Under $10
From $10 - $30
From $30 - $50
From $50 - $100
Above $100
All Price Ranges

Guardian Angel Store: Forums

The Guardian Angel Store Forums :: View topic - The One Who Provides for our Greatest Need
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The One Who Provides for our Greatest Need

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guardian Angel Store Forums Forum Index -> Reflections Printable Version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Prayer-Soldier

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:34 pm    Post subject: The One Who Provides for our Greatest Need Reply with quote

The One Who Provides for our Greatest Need

Scripture:

And they were persevering in the doctrine of the apostles and in the communication of the breaking of bread and in prayers. And fear came upon every soul. Many wonders also and signs were done by the apostles in Jerusalem: and there was great fervor in all. And all they that believed were together and had all things common. Their possessions and goods they sold and divided them to all, according as every one had need. And continuing daily with one accord in the temple and breaking bread from house to house, they took their meat with gladness and simplicity of heart: Praising God and having favor with all the people. And the Lord increased daily together such as should be saved. (Acts 2:42-47)

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to his great mercy has regenerated us unto a lively hope, by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead: Unto an inheritance, incorruptible, and undefiled and that cannot fade, reserved in heaven for you, who, by the power of God, are kept by faith unto salvation, ready to be revealed in the last time. Wherein you shall greatly rejoice, if now you must be for a little time made sorrowful in diverse temptations: That the trial of your faith (much more precious than gold which is tried by the fire) may be found unto praise and glory and honor at the appearing of Jesus Christ. Whom having not seen, you love: in whom also now though you see him not, you believe and, believing, shall rejoice with joy unspeakable and glorified; receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls. (1 Peter 1:3-9)

Now when it was late the same day, the first of the week, and the doors were shut, where the disciples were gathered together, for fear of the Jews, Jesus came and stood in the midst and said to them: Peace be to you. And when he had said this, he showed them his hands and his side. The disciples therefore were glad, when they saw the Lord. He said therefore to them again: Peace be to you. As the Father has sent me, I also send you. When he had said this, he breathed on them; and he said to them: Receive the Holy Spirit. Whose sins you shall forgive, they are forgiven them: and whose sins you shall retain, they are retained.

Now Thomas, one of the twelve, who is called Didymus, was not with them when Jesus came. The other disciples therefore said to him: We have seen the Lord. But he said to them: Except I shall see in his hands the print of the nails and put my finger into the place of the nails and put my hand into his side, I will not believe. And after eight days, again his disciples were within, and Thomas with them. Jesus comes, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst and said: Peace be to you. Then he said to Thomas: Put in your finger hither and see my hands. And bring hither the hand and put it into my side. And be not faithless, but believing. Thomas answered and said to him: My Lord and my God. Jesus said to him: Because you have seen me, Thomas, you have believed: blessed are they that have not seen and have believed. Many other signs also did Jesus in the sight of his disciples, which are not written in this book. But these are written, that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God: and that believing, you may have life in his name.
(John 20:19-31)

Reflection:

To survive within our existence, we must address a number of daily challenges. We cannot survive if we do not have food, water, or appropriate shelter. These are the basic needs of our body, but there is more. We also face social challenges which manifest themselves in forms of good and evil.

We seek the approval of family and friends. At times, we also seek the approval of strangers who are brought across our paths. At other times we say we do not care what others think, but the decisions as to what we do and what we fail to do are often formed by the feedback we receive. When we proclaim our defiance, in the back of our mind, we believe there is someone who will approve of and perhaps even encourage our maverick nature. As we consider our choices, it is natural to consider what others shall think, but do we also consider what will bring the approval of our Creator? He knew us before we were formed within the womb. (Jeremiah 1:5) He set our purpose for us from before our conception, but He has left it to us to discover what He has placed within us, what He has given us, and what He calls us to do with His gifts.

He has given us commandments by which we are called to lead our lives, the commandment to love Him with all our mind, all our body and all our soul; and the commandment to love one another as we love ourselves. Jesus explained to us that all the law and all the prophecy depended upon these commandments. (Matthew 22:36-40) The question for us, then, is do we use these as our guide and do we seek to fulfill them?

If what we do yields indifference or hate, then, our works are of delight to the evil one. If what we do yields the blessings of love, then, what we do is pleasing to the Lord. (John 13:34-35)

The choices before us are not always simple. The evil one tempts us to believe that the outcomes of what we do matter not unless there is something in it for us within this world. He seduces us through the selfish desires of our flesh. (Galatians 5:19-21) The dark one encourages us to believe that we may find happiness by seeking to satisfy the lusts of our eyes, the lusts of our flesh, or the lusts of our pride and envy so that we might turn away from the virtues of love. He seeks to sow divisions which raise up within us anger and hate. As we allow such emotions to arise within us, we turn away from the guideposts which God set for us to help us find the true happiness He desires for all the children of His creation. It is but our choice to accept what His commandments offer or what comes from sin.

It is also the desire of the evil one to sow doubt within what we choose to see and what we choose to do. His efforts do not come all in one grand moment. The dark one is content to work in small ways so that we are drawn to trust more in what we believe from our experience within the world than what our Creator seeks to teach us through His angels, His prophets, His Holy Son, and the Holy Spirit.

With all the deception before us, with all the seductions which surround us, we might ask, how are we to know what to trust? With our senses, we can discern the world, but even then, we suffer from illusions, not just from tricks of light or slight of hand, but what we allow to capture the attention of our mind. We know there is so much we cannot see. We know there is so much we have yet to learn. How, then, are we to be certain as to what is right and just?

If we are confused in our choices, if we are not sure of what God asks of us, we must not forget, He has sent us an Advocate who was sent to testify to the truth. (John 14:26, 1 John 5:6) As we seek to discern the truth, we may turn to this Advocate, the Holy Spirit, to guide us. We may seek to trust our eyes or what we may touch, but if we are to learn that which is beyond the world, then, we must ask the Holy Spirit to lead us.

Blessed are those who walked with Jesus, for they observed the wonders of His presence. Let us, then, share with one another the gospel which they witnessed. Let us, then, seek the path of love. Let us, then, seek first the approval of our Lord, for He is the one who judges what will come of our eternity. Should we feel confused and mired in doubt, let us, then, ask the Holy Spirit to guide us in all which is right and just and all we may accomplish through the blessings of love.

Questions for further reflection:

As we share with one another in our existence, what is our most important need?

What does the resurrection of Jesus mean to us?

In what ways can we allow the Holy Spirit to guide us?

May the peace and blessings of the Lord be with you always,
Prayer Soldier

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guardian Angel Store Forums Forum Index -> Reflections Printable Version All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: