Guardian Angel Store - Christian gifts and books to share your values

Site Search:

Store Search:

Home > Forums > Reflections > Evolutionary Logic Home | Forums | My Account |  My Wishlist  |  Cart Contents  |  Checkout  |  www.GuardianAngelStore.com is RSS enabled.  Add this link to your feed reader to get our news updates.  In the forums add the link next to the forums you want to receive updates for.
 Navigation

Main
 Home
General
 News
 News Submission
 News Topics
 Search
 Sitemap
Community
 Forums
 Web Links
Members
 Account
Information
 About Us
 Contact
 FAQ
 Legal Documents
 Link To Us

Shopping

Aids--Classroom, Bible, Office
Angels
Automotive
Bereavement & Memorial
Bible Center
Books
Books, Used
Candles & Necessities
Church Supplies
Clothing
Collectibles/Figurines
Crosses/Crucifixes
Devotions
Encouragement/Inspirational Gift
Garden Decor
Gifts for Family & Friends
Home Treasures
Jewelry
Knights of Columbus Gifts
Love, Weddings & Marriage
Media - CDs/DVDs/Software
Message Cards
Names to Remember
Patriotism
Pocket Coins & Tokens
Sacramentals
Sacraments
Saints
Special Seasons
Sports
Toys/Games

New Products

Shop by Price
Under $10
From $10 - $30
From $30 - $50
From $50 - $100
Above $100
All Price Ranges

Guardian Angel Store: Forums

The Guardian Angel Store Forums :: View topic - Evolutionary Logic
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Evolutionary Logic

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guardian Angel Store Forums Forum Index -> Reflections Printable Version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rvisione

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:12 pm    Post subject: Evolutionary Logic Reply with quote

Evolutionary Logic

My words and my conclusions are challenged. I am informed that my logic is flawed and naïve. My view of evolution and creation is overly simplistic. My deductions that the wonders about us must have had intelligence behind their design are misguided.

The argument of the critic starts with an extension of my own words, my own logic turned against my beliefs. As I viewed the wonders about us, my question was, “How could I possibly view all the expanses of the universe and have faith there is no God behind its design?”

The critic admonishes me as to the flaws in the logic of my thoughts. He starts by using my ponderings of evolution against me. My question was, “If something as simple as a wheel, axel, and platform required intelligence for their creation and combination, and form; how is it then that something as complex as man and all the life of the world were simply the result of a mere chance combination of elements that suddenly formed life? How is it that such a world could form into existence without intelligence behind its design?”

The critic points to the never ending question created by my illogical belief in intelligence behind our creation. If my conclusion that simple forms could not be turned into complex machines without mankind’s intelligence and I continue to explain the existence of mankind as a product of creation by an intelligent designer, then, the extension of the explanation raises the question of who designed the designer?

The critic points to the endlessness of the question as proof that belief in an intelligent designer greater than man is flawed. The supposition is that every designer requires its own creator such that there is a never ending line of creators of designers with man simply being the last in the line of designers and creators. It is a supposition that boggles the mind with its implications of an infinite string of designers and creators of designers.

The critic’s logic, then, is that such an endless line of designers and creator’s of designers must lead to the opposite conclusion that there is only accidental existence which resulted in the universe, the sun, earth, man, and all the complexities of life that exists around us. There was no creation, only a coincidental combination that evolved into our present and will continue to evolve into our future. Still, I must ponder the critic’s chastisement and ask, “Has scripture ever alluded to God’s designer and the designer of God’s designer, and so on?” To ask such a question may not be playing to the critic’s rules. Perhaps I should ponder the critic’s logic in a slightly different fashion.

If the critic’s logic is applied, then, the ingredients of the universe are, were, and ever shall be. The matter that makes up our world, our very existence has always existed without creator or designer. I seem to stumble here, because the critic’s logic of an infinite linage of the created and creators fails to account for the one condition where God’s existence is, was, and ever shall be. If God did not have a creator, but ever was and ever is, then, the critic’s logic does not hold and does not disprove God’s existence.

The critic complains that belief in God is used as an ignorant attempt by men and women to explain what they cannot understand. What is understood about nature and the universe is not accepted for what it is, but for the critic, is one more piece supporting the explanation that God cannot exist. In either case, there is much that is not understood; therefore, either explanation requires faith. From what I see, it is more difficult to maintain faith in the non-existence of God and that all about us is the result of mere coincidence.

Although both arguments result in reliance upon some form of faith, the critic is not yet finished with me. He points out the flawed design of our human flesh as further proof that God does not exist. If God was such a perfect designer, then, why does food pass by our wind pipe such that we can choke? Why are we so fragile and susceptible to disease and illness? The list of our design flaws could go on and on, but the point is the same. According to the critic’s rules, if we were designed by God, it would not be so easy for us to die. If we were designed to be perfect, shouldn’t we have eternal life? So resilient we are. Our instinct for survival is strong. We are capable of enduring so much, but no matter what we do, we cannot avoid dying, we cannot avoid passing from this world.

But the critic’s logic does not consider that God may have a purpose in our life and in our death. If we are designed to live, could it be that we are also designed to die? Could it be that God created us in this existence so that we could learn from experiences in this existence and grow in the image of His teachings? Could it be that we are designed such that we cannot remain in this flesh, in this world, so that we must pass into another existence?

"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.” (John 3:16)

I know what is offered through my faith. I wonder what is offered by the faith of my critic’s.

Renaldo Visione

© by Renaldo Visione, all rights reserved. Printed at the Guardian Angel Store with permission.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guardian Angel Store Forums Forum Index -> Reflections Printable Version All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: