Guardian Angel Store - Christian gifts and books to share your values

Site Search:

Store Search:

Home > Forums > Reflections > True Wealth Home | Forums | My Account |  My Wishlist  |  Cart Contents  |  Checkout  |  www.GuardianAngelStore.com is RSS enabled.  Add this link to your feed reader to get our news updates.  In the forums add the link next to the forums you want to receive updates for.
 Navigation

Main
 Home
General
 News
 News Submission
 News Topics
 Search
 Sitemap
Community
 Forums
 Web Links
Members
 Account
Information
 About Us
 Contact
 FAQ
 Legal Documents
 Link To Us

Shopping

Aids--Classroom, Bible, Office
Angels
Automotive
Bereavement & Memorial
Bible Center
Books
Books, Used
Candles & Necessities
Church Supplies
Clothing
Collectibles/Figurines
Crosses/Crucifixes
Devotions
Encouragement/Inspirational Gift
Garden Decor
Gifts for Family & Friends
Home Treasures
Jewelry
Knights of Columbus Gifts
Love, Weddings & Marriage
Media - CDs/DVDs/Software
Message Cards
Names to Remember
Patriotism
Pocket Coins & Tokens
Sacramentals
Sacraments
Saints
Special Seasons
Sports
Toys/Games

New Products

Shop by Price
Under $10
From $10 - $30
From $30 - $50
From $50 - $100
Above $100
All Price Ranges

Guardian Angel Store: Forums

The Guardian Angel Store Forums :: View topic - True Wealth
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

True Wealth

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guardian Angel Store Forums Forum Index -> Reflections Printable Version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nam-eno

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:06 pm    Post subject: True Wealth Reply with quote

In this world, God has provided much for our survival. He has also given us the law by which we enhance our lives and the sharing of this world with others, should we choose to follow the word of God. He has given us the word by which we prepare ourselves to be citizens of heaven, should we chose to follow His teachings. He has given us the free will to choose, and by our choices, we determine our future.

Whatever we do will impact the life of another. Our works may benefit another or they may harm another. Whatever we choose to do , produces one of these two results.

As we interact, we work to provide for our own survival and the survival of our families. What we choose to do with our lives impacts the struggle of our survival as well as the survival for whom we work.

Jesus taught us that wealth in this world will not mean wealth in the next. Wealth in material goods cannot be taken with us into heaven.

It is through our economy by which we survive. As we produce and earn, we gain money that we use to buy goods and services in support of our lives. As we purchase the goods and services of others, we provide for the opportunity of others, just as those who purchase our goods and services provide opportunity for us.

When we are true and fair, all stand to gain. When one or more are deceitful and cheat, a cancer spreads that only adds to the strife and struggle of the world.

Not everyone has the same skill or talent. God has placed us here in many mixtures. It is through those mixtures that we are many parts but one body.

Jesus taught us that we cannot serve God and the goods of this world. It is not that we should not work. It is not that that we should not earn. It is not that we should not purchase, for it is by our work, our earning and our purchasing that we provide for ourselves and the opportunity for others to work, earn, and purchase. It is what we do through our work that is important. If we seek only to service ourselves and our ego, we work for the wrong reason. If we work to serve and provide for others, we work to serve God's will.

God asks us to love Him and to love one another. By doing for each other, we serve His will, for we extend His Love for us to His Love for all. God provides but He also uses our hands to provide for one another. Still, He has given us the choice as to how we make our hands available to serve His will, should we choose to make our hands available at all.

Dear Lord, help me to understand how you wish to use my hands to serve your purpose. Send your Spirit upon me to guide my works. Give me the wisdom to know how to use my works to serve Your will. Guide me in all that I do so that I may be an instrument of Your love and peace. Amen.

Nam Eno

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guardian Angel Store Forums Forum Index -> Reflections Printable Version All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: