Guardian Angel Store - Christian gifts and books to share your values

Site Search:

Store Search:

Home > Forums > Reflections > Do We Extend the Light of God? Home | Forums | My Account |  My Wishlist  |  Cart Contents  |  Checkout  |  www.GuardianAngelStore.com is RSS enabled.  Add this link to your feed reader to get our news updates.  In the forums add the link next to the forums you want to receive updates for.
 Navigation

Main
 Home
General
 News
 News Submission
 News Topics
 Search
 Sitemap
Community
 Forums
 Web Links
Members
 Account
Information
 About Us
 Contact
 FAQ
 Legal Documents
 Link To Us

Shopping

Aids--Classroom, Bible, Office
Angels
Automotive
Bereavement & Memorial
Bible Center
Books
Books, Used
Candles & Necessities
Church Supplies
Clothing
Collectibles/Figurines
Crosses/Crucifixes
Devotions
Encouragement/Inspirational Gift
Garden Decor
Gifts for Family & Friends
Home Treasures
Jewelry
Knights of Columbus Gifts
Love, Weddings & Marriage
Media - CDs/DVDs/Software
Message Cards
Names to Remember
Patriotism
Pocket Coins & Tokens
Sacramentals
Sacraments
Saints
Special Seasons
Sports
Toys/Games

New Products

Shop by Price
Under $10
From $10 - $30
From $30 - $50
From $50 - $100
Above $100
All Price Ranges

Guardian Angel Store: Forums

The Guardian Angel Store Forums :: View topic - Do We Extend the Light of God?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Do We Extend the Light of God?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guardian Angel Store Forums Forum Index -> Reflections Printable Version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nam-eno

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:27 pm    Post subject: Do We Extend the Light of God? Reply with quote

How are we examples of the light of the Lord? For what purpose is our faith if we keep it to ourselves? How do we serve the purpose of God if we do not participate within His community? What are we if we are not part of the light? What are we if we are not an extension of the good of God? What we are is what extends from us.

What do we share to extend the will of God? If we share judgment and malicious speech, if we point out the failing of others; are we extending righteousness, are we correcting a wrong or are we simply adding to the darkness? If we dwell on the shortcomings of others, are we presenting ourselves as examples of the mercy and grace of God? Are we enlightening our souls or clouding ourselves, dimming our own light? Do we help others through judgment or by living in the light of the faith? Do we extend the light of God through judgment of the misguided actions of others? Do we extend the will of God if we do not first seek to address our own short comings if we do not seek to act in the faith of the Lord?

If we withdraw and seek to hide from all evil, are we protected? Did Jesus walk only among the righteous or did He cast Himself amongst the afflicted that they may be healed in spirit?

What then should we do with our time in this world? It is right to seek seclusion in prayer, to listen to our Lord, to seek wisdom from His spirit, to worship and glorify Him; but if that is all we do, we are not spreading His light. If we see wrong, we achieve nothing by withdrawing from it. We cannot prevent evil if we do not counter if with the example of good. We cannot correct the ills of the world if only we gossip about it. We are only a force for the purpose of God if we are a source of action as an example of His Word. We are only an influence if we strive to live as an example of the Word. Our sin is if we fail to act in the Word or what we fail to do to extend the light of the kingdom of God.

We must be active in the community of God if we are to extend His light. We must pray for His strength and wisdom to be bestowed upon us so that we serve His purpose, but our prayer is useless if we do not act in the light of the Lord.

If we see the sins of others, we do not turn them with judgment and self righteousness, rather, we turn them by being examples of the Word. We turn them when they see the joy of living in the Word, of living in the light of the Holy Spirit. We may not remove the existence of cold, but we may offer the coat of warmth to those who have no coat to wear. We may not have the power to heal the afflicted, but through caring, we may ease the pain.

By living in the path of God, by sharing in the path of God, by extending the hand to others to join in the path of God; we extend the light. We extend our fortune by sharing with the less fortunate. We extend the work of the Lord by sharing with those who are hungry in this world and those hungry in spirit, we do not share the faith through judgment, we share the faith in what we do. We share the faith through forgiveness.

Dear Lord, I pray that I may become an extension of Your light. Help me to understand where I may help build Your community. Help me to understand where I may use the gifts You have bestowed upon me so that I may join with others to serve Your purpose.

Dear Lord, I pray for Your Holy Spirit to drive out the sin within me. Help me to avoid judging others. Help me to be an example that others may see Your light and turn from the darkness.

Dear Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners that we may turn from the darkness of our sins. Pray for us that in the failure of our sins, that through the mercy and forgiveness of God our Father, we may be healed. Pray that we may be guided from the sorrow of our sins into the light of the Lord. Dear Mary, pray that we may seek the light and to help others to see the light. Pray for us sinners now and the hour of our death. Amen.

Peace be with you,
Nam Eno

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guardian Angel Store Forums Forum Index -> Reflections Printable Version All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: