Guardian Angel Store - Christian gifts and books to share your values

Site Search:

Store Search:

Home > Forums > Reflections > Where Do We Provide our Charity? Home | Forums | My Account |  My Wishlist  |  Cart Contents  |  Checkout  |  www.GuardianAngelStore.com is RSS enabled.  Add this link to your feed reader to get our news updates.  In the forums add the link next to the forums you want to receive updates for.
 Navigation

Main
 Home
General
 News
 News Submission
 News Topics
 Search
 Sitemap
Community
 Forums
 Web Links
Members
 Account
Information
 About Us
 Contact
 FAQ
 Legal Documents
 Link To Us

Shopping

Aids--Classroom, Bible, Office
Angels
Automotive
Bereavement & Memorial
Bible Center
Books
Books, Used
Candles & Necessities
Church Supplies
Clothing
Collectibles/Figurines
Crosses/Crucifixes
Devotions
Encouragement/Inspirational Gift
Garden Decor
Gifts for Family & Friends
Home Treasures
Jewelry
Knights of Columbus Gifts
Love, Weddings & Marriage
Media - CDs/DVDs/Software
Message Cards
Names to Remember
Patriotism
Pocket Coins & Tokens
Sacramentals
Sacraments
Saints
Special Seasons
Sports
Toys/Games

New Products

Shop by Price
Under $10
From $10 - $30
From $30 - $50
From $50 - $100
Above $100
All Price Ranges

Guardian Angel Store: Forums

The Guardian Angel Store Forums :: View topic - Where Do We Provide our Charity?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Where Do We Provide our Charity?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guardian Angel Store Forums Forum Index -> Reflections Printable Version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nam-eno

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:08 am    Post subject: Where Do We Provide our Charity? Reply with quote

Where do we provide our charity? We all have many means to provide charity, even the poorest of us has something to give. We often think of charity in the form of money, but charity does not stop there.

What about our time and talents? If we do not have goods to share, could we still not make charitable use of our time and talent? Can we not take some time away from work and the pursuit of pleasure to provide for the needs of others?

Where do we provide our charity? We worship God as we come together in song and praise. We worship God when we come together to consume the body and blood of everlasting life, the body and blood of Christ. As He is in us, we are in Him, but we do not truly worship our Lord unless we follow in His teachings, unless we lead our lives according to the commandments; of which the greatest of these is to love God and to love one another as ourselves.

Where do we provide our charity? We may volunteer our time, money or talent to our church community. This is certainly in line with demonstrating our love for our neighbor according to the second of the greatest of commandments. Through a strong church community, we provide a beacon, a haven from the snares of the world. In community, we strengthen each other, but is this enough to demonstrate our faith, our devotion to God?

If our community only tends to itself, do we truly demonstrate charity? If we only tend to those who are already strong in faith, who already have means for themselves; is this truly charity?

Where do we provide our charity? Our charity is provided to those who do not have. Do we think about those who do not have the mens to take care of themselves? Is it enough to place a few pieces of money into a collection plate as a means of caring for the poor? If our church community gives a portion of our tithe to the homeless, the poor, the battered, those with shattered lives, is that enough? Is it enough to demonstrate our faith, our devotion to God?

Where do we provide our charity? Is it just the poor of means who need our charity? What about those who are poor in spirit? What about those who are poor in faith? The wealthy do not need our money, but they may need our hand. We may not have two coins in our pocket, but if we have a wealth of faith, should we not share it with those who are in truest need, those who are poor in spirit, those who struggle with faith?

Where do we provide our charity? We cannot be all things to all people. We cannot be benefactors when we do not have all gifts. But the Lord has granted us each gifts that we may share in many measures. How we share those gifts demonstrates our faith, our devotion to our Lord.

Where do we provide our charity? If we cannot be benefactor for all, then, for whom do we provide? How do we make this decision? Perhaps we should ask He who provided us with our gifts? Through prayer we should ask and with open hearts He will guide us in many ways.

Dear Lord, where do you want me to provide my charity? Lead me to whose in need of my help. Dear Lord, help me to understand how best to share the gifts you have granted me. Dear Lord, guide my hands to achieve Your works, guide me to help provide those without means, guide me to provide for those poor in spirit. Amen.

Peace be with you,
Nam Eno

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guardian Angel Store Forums Forum Index -> Reflections Printable Version All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: