Guardian Angel Store - Christian gifts and books to share your values

Site Search:

Store Search:

Home > Forums > Reflections > Blessed Are Those Who Seek the W Home | Forums | My Account |  My Wishlist  |  Cart Contents  |  Checkout  |  www.GuardianAngelStore.com is RSS enabled.  Add this link to your feed reader to get our news updates.  In the forums add the link next to the forums you want to receive updates for.
 Navigation

Main
 Home
General
 News
 News Submission
 News Topics
 Search
 Sitemap
Community
 Forums
 Web Links
Members
 Account
Information
 About Us
 Contact
 FAQ
 Legal Documents
 Link To Us

Shopping

Aids--Classroom, Bible, Office
Angels
Automotive
Bereavement & Memorial
Bible Center
Books
Books, Used
Candles & Necessities
Church Supplies
Clothing
Collectibles/Figurines
Crosses/Crucifixes
Devotions
Encouragement/Inspirational Gift
Garden Decor
Gifts for Family & Friends
Home Treasures
Jewelry
Knights of Columbus Gifts
Love, Weddings & Marriage
Media - CDs/DVDs/Software
Message Cards
Names to Remember
Patriotism
Pocket Coins & Tokens
Sacramentals
Sacraments
Saints
Special Seasons
Sports
Toys/Games

New Products

Shop by Price
Under $10
From $10 - $30
From $30 - $50
From $50 - $100
Above $100
All Price Ranges

Guardian Angel Store: Forums

The Guardian Angel Store Forums :: View topic - Blessed Are Those Who Seek the Word of God
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Blessed Are Those Who Seek the Word of God

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guardian Angel Store Forums Forum Index -> Reflections Printable Version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Prayer-Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:16 am    Post subject: Blessed Are Those Who Seek the Word of God Reply with quote

Blessed Are Those Who Seek the Word of God

Scripture:

The God of Abraham and the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob, the God of our fathers, has glorified his Son Jesus, whom you indeed delivered up and denied before the face of Pilate, when he judged he should be released. But you denied the Holy One and the Just: and desired a murderer to be granted unto you. But the author of life you killed, whom God has raised from the dead: of which we are witnesses.

And now, brethren, I know that you did it through ignorance: as did also your rulers. But those things which God before has shown by the mouth of all the prophets, that his Christ should suffer, he has so fulfilled. Be penitent, therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out.
( Acts 3:13-15, 17-19 )

My little children, these things I write to you, that you may not sin. But if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the just. And he is the atoning sacrifice for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for those of the whole world. And by this we know that we have known him, if we keep his commandments. He who says that he knows him and keeps not his commandments is a liar: and the truth is not in him. But he that keeps his word, in him in every deed the charity of God is perfected. And by this we know that we are in him. ( 1 John 2:1-5 )

And they told what things were done in the way: and how they knew him in the breaking of bread. Now, while they were speaking these things, Jesus stood in the midst of them and said to them: Peace be to you. It is I: Fear not. But they being troubled and frightened, supposed that they saw a spirit. And he said to them: Why are you troubled, and why do thoughts arise in your hearts? See my hands and feet, that it is I myself. Handle, and see: for a spirit has not flesh and bones, as you see me to have.

And when he had said this, he showed them his hands and feet. But while they yet believed not and wondered for joy, he said: Have you here any thing to eat? And they offered him a piece of a broiled fish and a honeycomb. And when he had eaten before them, taking the remains, he gave to them. And he said to them: These are the words which I spoke to you while I was yet with you, that all things must needs be fulfilled which are written in the law of Moses and in the prophets and in the psalms, concerning me.

Then he opened their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures. And he said to them: Thus it is written, and thus it behooved Christ to suffer and to rise again from the dead, the third day: And that penance and remission of sins should be preached in his name, unto all nations, beginning at Jerusalem. And you are witnesses of these things.
( Luke 24:35-48 )

Reflection:

How many times through the generations have the children of His creation found the wrong path? He has called to us, but so many have ignored Him. He has sent the prophets to tell us the way, but many do not listen. He has sent the cornerstone, but so many have rejected Him. Still, He continues to be the foundation for the salvation of all who believe in Him.

The prophesy was fulfilled as the One who was innocent bore the suffering in sacrifice for all. With the foretold moment of death, the life eternal would begin so that all might see, so that all might follow; but so many refuse to see. Blessed are those who listen, blessed are those who see, for through their belief, they will find the light of the truth and the blessings of His love.

Through His Word we are encouraged. Through His Word we are shown the way. Through His Word we find the path away from sin. Some days we will succeed in our walk and other days we shall fail. When we fall to sin, all hope is not lost for He sacrificed so that we may have hope. What He has done for us we should not take for granted, rather, we should seek to honor Him through living according to His Word. If we offer our hands to do the work of the charity of God, we invite Him in our heart and we become an extension of His blessing.

There were those who walked with Him, who heard His words. There were those who witnessed His death and witnessed Him walk after the resurrection. The words He spoke to them have been passed to us through the generations. The prophesy proceeded Him and He became the fulfillment of the prophesy and then He told them the reason for the prophesy and why it was ordained to be fulfilled.

Blessed are we that the Word has been passed to us, for through it, wisdom and understanding will grow within us. Through it we will find the way to resist the evil which seduces us, which lures us to the darkness. Through it we will find the path to peace among all nations. Through it, we will find comfort within our hearts.

Through prayer, we should ask that the eyes of those who preach hate and violence are opened so that they will see the way of love commanded by our Lord. Through prayer, we should ask that we are given the strength and courage to be an example of His love. Through prayer, we should ask that we are granted the words to share with those who are skeptical, those who are entangled in the world so that their eyes may be opened so that they will understand the meaning of the scriptures and so that they will see the blessings of the light.

May the peace and blessings of the Lord be with you always,
Prayer Soldier

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guardian Angel Store Forums Forum Index -> Reflections Printable Version All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: