Guardian Angel Store - Christian gifts and books to share your values

Site Search:

Store Search:

Home > Forums > Reflections > The High Priest Called by God Home | Forums | My Account |  My Wishlist  |  Cart Contents  |  Checkout  |  www.GuardianAngelStore.com is RSS enabled.  Add this link to your feed reader to get our news updates.  In the forums add the link next to the forums you want to receive updates for.
 Navigation

Main
 Home
General
 News
 News Submission
 News Topics
 Search
 Sitemap
Community
 Forums
 Web Links
Members
 Account
Information
 About Us
 Contact
 FAQ
 Legal Documents
 Link To Us

Shopping

Aids--Classroom, Bible, Office
Angels
Automotive
Bereavement & Memorial
Bible Center
Books
Books, Used
Candles & Necessities
Church Supplies
Clothing
Collectibles/Figurines
Crosses/Crucifixes
Devotions
Encouragement/Inspirational Gift
Garden Decor
Gifts for Family & Friends
Home Treasures
Jewelry
Knights of Columbus Gifts
Love, Weddings & Marriage
Media - CDs/DVDs/Software
Message Cards
Names to Remember
Patriotism
Pocket Coins & Tokens
Sacramentals
Sacraments
Saints
Special Seasons
Sports
Toys/Games

New Products

Shop by Price
Under $10
From $10 - $30
From $30 - $50
From $50 - $100
Above $100
All Price Ranges

Guardian Angel Store: Forums

The Guardian Angel Store Forums :: View topic - The High Priest Called by God
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The High Priest Called by God

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guardian Angel Store Forums Forum Index -> Reflections Printable Version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Prayer-Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:31 am    Post subject: The High Priest Called by God Reply with quote

The High Priest Called by God

Scripture:

For thus said the Lord: Rejoice in the joy of Jacob, and neigh before the head of the Gentiles: shout, and sing, and say: Save, O Lord, your people, the remnant of Israel. Behold I will bring them from the north country, and will gather them from the ends of the earth and among them shall be the blind, and the lame, the woman with child, and she that is bringing forth, together, a great company of them returning hither. They shall come with weeping: and I will bring them back in mercy: and I will bring them through the torrents of waters in a right way, and they shall not stumble in it: for I am a father to Israel, and Ephraim is my firstborn. (Jeremiah 31:7-9)

For every high priest taken from among men is ordained for men in the things that appertain to God, that he may offer up gifts and sacrifices for sins: Who can have compassion on them that are ignorant and that err: because he himself also is compassed with infirmity. And therefore he ought, as for the people, so also for himself, to offer for sins. Neither does any man take the honor to himself, but he that is called by God, as Aaron was. So Christ also did not glorify himself, that he might be made a high priest: but he that said unto him: You are my Son: this day have I begotten you. As he said also in another place: You are a priest for ever, according to the order of Melchisedech. (Hebrews 5:1-6)

And they came to Jericho. And as he went out of Jericho with his disciples and a very great multitude, Bartimeus the blind man, the son of Timeus, sat by the way side begging. Who when he had heard that it was Jesus of Nazareth, began to cry out and to say: Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me. And many rebuked him, that he might hold his peace; but he cried a great deal the more: Son of David, have mercy on me. And Jesus, standing still, commanded him to be called. And they call the blind man, saying to him: Be of better comfort. Arise, he calls you. Who casting off his garment leaped up and came to him. And Jesus answering, said to him: What will you that I should do to you? And the blind man said to him: Rabboni. That I may see. And Jesus said to him: Go your way. Your faith has made you whole. And immediately he saw and followed him in the way. (Mark 10:46-52)

Reflection:

The days of sorrow come as evil walks among the people. Deception lures the faithful away from their salvation. Their enemies conspire their demise. Strife mars the day. Sadness scars the heart as evil is given dominion over the land. The time will come when the faithful will flee to hiding; their faith undeterred, prayers on their lips and in their hearts that they may be protected from the deceptions which have lured so many to their demise.

The pleas of the innocent are heard by their Lord. Though evil circles and persecutes them, their faith and the power of the Holy Spirit shelters their souls. The nature of evil is to consume and when the target of its consumption is hidden, the followers of evil will be compelled to turn upon themselves for the nature of evil is destruction of all which it finds. All who follow it will only find darkness and the suffering which it brings.

For the faithful, the days of persecution and sorrow will not be forever. A time will come when all who believe in Him shall be delivered. Weeping will be no more. Sorrow will be left to the past. The defenseless shall not fear. The infirm will be healed and the blind will see. Voices will rise in praise of their Lord, for their sins are forgiven through His mercy and all will rejoice in the warmth of His love.

As many wander, He calls priests to minister to the people. He ordains those He calls to guide souls to the meaning of the Word and to offer sacrifice in thanks and praise for His blessings and His mercy. Those who walk as priests are children of His creation, just as the people who are led. Though a priest seeks holiness and works to guide others to the path of the Lord, they remain vulnerable to temptation. The evil one will seek to topple them so that the people will lose faith. Still, there is One, the High Priest, the One who is called the begotten Son of God, the One who is divine, the One who faced temptation, but walked without sin. Blessed are those for whom the High Priest is their advocate, for through Him is found the blessings of the Father.

As one calls from the darkness to see the light of the Word, He will not deny them. Those who seek Him in prayer will be embraced with His love. The miracles He offers were not just for one generation, but for the blessings of all, so all might believe, so all might seek Him. There is no greater blessing to fill the heart than His love. There is no greater blessing to give than to share His love with others. Blessed are those who listen for Him in their prayers for He will leave none unanswered.

May the peace and blessings of the Lord be with you always,
Prayer Soldier

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guardian Angel Store Forums Forum Index -> Reflections Printable Version All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: