Guardian Angel Store - Christian gifts and books to share your values

Site Search:

Store Search:

Home > Forums > Reflections > The Blessings of His Works Home | Forums | My Account |  My Wishlist  |  Cart Contents  |  Checkout  |  www.GuardianAngelStore.com is RSS enabled.  Add this link to your feed reader to get our news updates.  In the forums add the link next to the forums you want to receive updates for.
 Navigation

Main
 Home
General
 News
 News Submission
 News Topics
 Search
 Sitemap
Community
 Forums
 Web Links
Members
 Account
Information
 About Us
 Contact
 FAQ
 Legal Documents
 Link To Us

Shopping

Aids--Classroom, Bible, Office
Angels
Automotive
Bereavement & Memorial
Bible Center
Books
Books, Used
Candles & Necessities
Church Supplies
Clothing
Collectibles/Figurines
Crosses/Crucifixes
Devotions
Encouragement/Inspirational Gift
Garden Decor
Gifts for Family & Friends
Home Treasures
Jewelry
Knights of Columbus Gifts
Love, Weddings & Marriage
Media - CDs/DVDs/Software
Message Cards
Names to Remember
Patriotism
Pocket Coins & Tokens
Sacramentals
Sacraments
Saints
Special Seasons
Sports
Toys/Games

New Products

Shop by Price
Under $10
From $10 - $30
From $30 - $50
From $50 - $100
Above $100
All Price Ranges

Guardian Angel Store: Forums

The Guardian Angel Store Forums :: View topic - The Blessings of His Works
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Blessings of His Works

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guardian Angel Store Forums Forum Index -> Reflections Printable Version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Prayer-Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:53 pm    Post subject: The Blessings of His Works Reply with quote

The Blessings of His Works

Scripture:

And it came to pass after this, that the son of the woman, the mistress of the house, fell sick, and the sickness was very grievous, so that there was no breath left in him. And she said to Elias: What have I to do with you, man of God? Are you come to me, that my iniquities should be remembered, and that you should kill my son? And Elias said to her: Give me your son. And he took him out of her bosom, and carried him into the upper chamber where he abode, and laid him upon his own bed. And he cried to the Lord, and said: O Lord, my God, have you afflicted also the widow, with whom I am after a sort maintained, so as to kill her son? And he stretched, and measured himself upon the child three times, and cried to the Lord, and said: O Lord, my God, let the soul of this child, I beseech you, return into his body. And the Lord heard the voice of Elias: and the soul of the child returned into him, and he revived. And Elias took the child, and brought him down from the upper chamber to the house below, and delivered him to his mother, and said to her: Behold your son lives. And the woman said to Elias: Now by this I know that you are a man of God, and the word of the Lord in your mouth is true. (1 Kings 17:17-24)

For I give you to understand, brethren, that the gospel which was preached by me is not according to man. For neither did I receive it of man: nor did I learn it but by the revelation of Jesus Christ. For you have heard of my conversation in time past in the religion of Jews: how that, beyond measure, I persecuted the church of God and wasted it. And I made progress in the religion of Jews above many of my equals in my own nation, being more abundantly zealous for the traditions of my fathers. But when it pleased him who separated me from the womb of my mother and called me by his grace, to reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the Gentiles: immediately I condescended not to flesh and blood. Neither went I to Jerusalem, to the apostles who were before me: but I went into Arabia, and again I returned to Damascus. Then, after three years, I went to Jerusalem to see Peter: and I tarried with him fifteen days. But other of the apostles I saw none, saving James the brother of the Lord. (Galatians 1:11-19)

And it came to pass afterward that Jesus went into a city that is called Naim: and there went with him his disciples and a great multitude. And when he came nigh to the gate of the city, behold a dead man was carried out, the only son of his mother: and she was a widow. And a great multitude of the city was with her. Whom when the Lord had seen, being moved with mercy towards her, he said to her: Weep not. And he came near and touched the coffin. And they that carried it stood still. And he said: Young man, I say to you, arise. And he that was dead sat up and began to speak. And he gave him to his mother. And there came a fear upon them all: and they glorified God saying: A great prophet is risen up among us: and, God has visited his people. And this rumor of him went forth throughout all Judea and throughout all the country round about. (Luke 7:11-17)

Reflection:

In scripture, the children of His creation are told of miracles; events which no one can explain from what is seen by the senses except that the hand of God comes forth in mercy and compassion. The ways He works are mysterious for He is not easily seen by those who do not look, yet, He is all around for those who do. Whether or not one chooses to see, He reaches to each of the children of His creation. He demands each to heed His commandments to love, yet offers forgiveness to those who fail and to those who allow themselves to be seduced by the ways of the world. He demands, yet gives, for there is no greater love than His. Some witness great blessings through Him, but those who turn from Him walk to ways of emptiness.

Though they observe, many do not comprehend what He does. Through His compassion, He has healed the sick and the lame. He has brought the dead back to life. He has answered the prayers of mothers and fathers. He has answered the prayers of brothers and sisters. He has answered the prayers of children and the elderly. He has answered the prayers of prophets. He has answered the prayers of those with great faith. He has answered the prayers of those who lack understanding, yet they know something is missing from their heart and reach for Him from the darkness. He has reached the hearts of those who persecuted the faithful and turned them from their persecutions.

Some believe because of what they have seen. Some believe because of what they have received. Blessed are those who believe because they receive Him within their heart.

Through the generations some have turned to Him and some have turned away. Because He seeks the children of His creation to remain forever with Him, He has spoken to some and to others He has sent His angels and prophets. To some He has steered faithful servants to spread His Word. To others, He has brought those who spread His ways through the example of how they live. To some He has allowed them to witness His works. To all, He speaks quietly to their heart. Some will hear, some will see, some will feel; blessed are all who come to know Him.

Blessed are those who invite Him into their heart, for no matter the path of the past; through His grace, mercy and forgiveness; the blessings of His kingdom awaits. No matter the challenge of life, when the children of His creation turn to Him, blessings are discovered which cannot come from the world. When the heart is filled with the Holy Spirit, the faithful are guided to paths of hope, light and love.

Scripture shares the miracles of generations past, but His miracles did not end with the days of old. We need only to look around to find the wondrous ways in which He works in our lives. He listens to the prayers of each of the generations and He pours out His compassion to those who seek Him in faith. His works are not always grand in scope or beyond belief, but each shares His grace, mercy and hope that the children of His creation shall live according to His Word and the blessings of love.

May the peace and blessings of the Lord be with you always,
Prayer Soldier

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guardian Angel Store Forums Forum Index -> Reflections Printable Version All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: