Guardian Angel Store - Christian gifts and books to share your values

Site Search:

Store Search:

Home > Forums > Reflections > The Purpose to Which Each is Ano Home | Forums | My Account |  My Wishlist  |  Cart Contents  |  Checkout  |  www.GuardianAngelStore.com is RSS enabled.  Add this link to your feed reader to get our news updates.  In the forums add the link next to the forums you want to receive updates for.
 Navigation

Main
 Home
General
 News
 News Submission
 News Topics
 Search
 Sitemap
Community
 Forums
 Web Links
Members
 Account
Information
 About Us
 Contact
 FAQ
 Legal Documents
 Link To Us

Shopping

Aids--Classroom, Bible, Office
Angels
Automotive
Bereavement & Memorial
Bible Center
Books
Books, Used
Candles & Necessities
Church Supplies
Clothing
Collectibles/Figurines
Crosses/Crucifixes
Devotions
Encouragement/Inspirational Gift
Garden Decor
Gifts for Family & Friends
Home Treasures
Jewelry
Knights of Columbus Gifts
Love, Weddings & Marriage
Media - CDs/DVDs/Software
Message Cards
Names to Remember
Patriotism
Pocket Coins & Tokens
Sacramentals
Sacraments
Saints
Special Seasons
Sports
Toys/Games

New Products

Shop by Price
Under $10
From $10 - $30
From $30 - $50
From $50 - $100
Above $100
All Price Ranges

Guardian Angel Store: Forums

The Guardian Angel Store Forums :: View topic - The Purpose to Which Each is Anointed
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Purpose to Which Each is Anointed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guardian Angel Store Forums Forum Index -> Reflections Printable Version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Prayer-Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:43 pm    Post subject: The Purpose to Which Each is Anointed Reply with quote

To all who see these words, Greetings:

The Purpose to Which Each is Anointed

Scripture:

And you shall anoint Jehu, the son of Namsi, to be king over Israel: and Eliseus, the son of Saphat, of Abelmeula, you shall anoint to be prophet in your room.

And Elias departing from thence, found Eliseus, the son of Saphat, plowing with twelve yoke of oxen: and he was one of them that were plowing with, twelve yoke of oxen: and when Elias came up to him, he cast his mantle upon him. And he forthwith left the oxen, and ran after Elias, and said: Let me, I pray you, kiss my father and my mother, and then I will follow you. And he said to him: Go, and return back: for that which was my part, I have done to you. And returning back from him, he took a yoke of oxen, and killed them, and boiled the flesh with the plow of the oxen, and gave to the people, and they ate: and rising up, he went away, and followed Elias, and ministered to him.
( 1 Kings 19:16, 19-21 )

Stand fast and be not held again under the yoke of bondage.

For you, brethren, have been called unto liberty. Only make not liberty an occasion to the flesh: but by charity of the spirit serve one another. For all the law is fulfilled in one word: you shall love your neighbor as yourself. But if you bite and devour one another: take heed you be not consumed one of another. I say then: Walk in the spirit: and you shall not fulfill the lusts of the flesh. For the flesh lusts against the spirit: and the spirit against the flesh: For these are contrary one to another: so that you do not the things that you would. But if you are led by the spirit, you are not under the law.
( Galatians 5:1, 13-18 )

And it came to pass, when the days of his assumption were accomplishing, that he steadfastly set his face to go to Jerusalem. And he sent messengers before his face: and going, they entered into a city of the Samaritans, to prepare for him. And they received him not, because his face was of one going to Jerusalem. And when his disciples, James and John, had seen this, they said: Lord, will you that we command fire to come down from heaven and consume them? And turning, he rebuked them, saying: you know not of what spirit you are. The Son of man came not to destroy souls, but to save.

And they went into another town. And it came to pass, as they walked in the way, that a certain man said to him: I will follow you wheresoever you go. Jesus said to him: The foxes have holes, and the birds of the air nests: but the Son of man has no where to lay his head. But he said to another: Follow me. And he said: Lord, suffer me first to go and to bury my father. And Jesus said to him: Let the dead bury their dead: but go you and preach the kingdom of God. And another said: I will follow you, Lord; but let me first take my leave of them that are at my house. Jesus said to him: No man putting his hand to the plow and looking back is fit for the kingdom of God.
(Luke 9:51-62)

Reflection:

There are moments where we must make changes in what we do if we are to live to our potential. We may not always recognize these moments. Some are comfortable with what they perceive to be their lot, that there is no other path. Some believe they do not have a greater potential, for they do not know the strength of their talents. Some believe there are too many obstacles in the way and the effort required is more than they can deliver. Many do not understand the purpose for which He made them; therefore, they waste away their time.

For a time, we may follow the ways of the world as we learn what is about us and seek means to earn our sustenance. We pursue our desires and our perceptions of success, but no matter how we have chosen to nestle within the world, He continues to call us to the purpose for which He made us. To deny that purpose is sin, for when we deny that to which we are called, we deny the design of God.

Not all are anointed kings. Not all are anointed prophets. Some are anointed to give of the means of which they have earned. Some are anointed to give of their wisdom. Some are anointed to give of the gifts of their hands. Some are anointed to teach of His Word. Some are anointed to sing and some are anointed to listen. And should any of us receive His call, the question we will face is whether we are prepared to leave behind our life of the moment for the life He has prepared for us.

For some, they have known their calling since youth. For others, they will not know until late in their years. From our early days we ponder what we will be as we grow, but as we achieve our goals, we must ask, what will be the next? Many of us look forward in the form of the ways of the world, but the true question we should examine is what we shall be to prepare for His kingdom? In prayer we should listen for His voice and ask for his guidance so that we may fulfill the purpose for which He created us. Blessed are those who recognize His call, for they will be guided to the truth of His love.

Our response to Him and our response to the world is left to us. The world calls us to the desires of the flesh, but He calls us to the blessings of love. To serve only the flesh is to serve selfishness; but to serve Him is to receive the freedom from selflessness, for selfishness is an endless pit which can never be filled. When we care for one another, we free ourselves from slavery to the world. Life for everyone becomes easier when all come together in service of one another, for many hands are brought together to carry the challenges of life. When we live by the Word, we do not bring harm to one another. Nations can set aside their armies, for there will be no one who seeks conquest of another. Cities can set aside the enforcers of law, for a people who live in love of Him and one another have no need of law.

It is because of selfishness that sin is driven. It is through sin that one is driven to yield harm to another. It is because of sin that cities must field enforcers of law. It is sad for all when sin requires the law as a means to contain what is yielded by those drawn to sin, but it is worse when the iniquities of those who govern make sin the law such that it harms the innocent and oppresses the people.

It is because of sin that nations are driven to raise armies to defend against those who raise armies to seek conquest. As one turns upon another, the pain of sin is yielded. It is clear the blessings which follow when many come together in love. It is clear the tragedy which follows when many come together in greed, hate and oppression.

When there is no sin, there is no desire for vengeance. When there is no sin, there is no oppression. When there is no sin, there is no deceit. When there is no sin, no hand is raised against another. It is sin which cause the children of His creation to fall to injustice. It is sin which drives the need to defend the innocent. It is sin which requires peacekeepers to contain it. Those who are called to Him are not called to conquer the lives of others, but to lead others through the example of His love.

The desires of the world are many and the pursuits of our life yields many paths; but there is only one path which yields the blessings of God. In prayer we should listen for His voice. Our affairs we should seek to keep in order so that if we hear Him calling in the night, we will be able to leave our cares behind and follow in His path. To do the work of the world is toil which shall fall to dust, but to do His work yields eternal blessings for the soul.

May the peace and blessings of the Lord be with you always,
Prayer Soldier

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guardian Angel Store Forums Forum Index -> Reflections Printable Version All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: