Guardian Angel Store - Christian gifts and books to share your values

Site Search:

Store Search:

Home > Forums > Reflections > Rejoice When the Lost are Found Home | Forums | My Account |  My Wishlist  |  Cart Contents  |  Checkout  |  www.GuardianAngelStore.com is RSS enabled.  Add this link to your feed reader to get our news updates.  In the forums add the link next to the forums you want to receive updates for.
 Navigation

Main
 Home
General
 News
 News Submission
 News Topics
 Search
 Sitemap
Community
 Forums
 Web Links
Members
 Account
Information
 About Us
 Contact
 FAQ
 Legal Documents
 Link To Us

Shopping

Aids--Classroom, Bible, Office
Angels
Automotive
Bereavement & Memorial
Bible Center
Books
Books, Used
Candles & Necessities
Church Supplies
Clothing
Collectibles/Figurines
Crosses/Crucifixes
Devotions
Encouragement/Inspirational Gift
Garden Decor
Gifts for Family & Friends
Home Treasures
Jewelry
Knights of Columbus Gifts
Love, Weddings & Marriage
Media - CDs/DVDs/Software
Message Cards
Names to Remember
Patriotism
Pocket Coins & Tokens
Sacramentals
Sacraments
Saints
Special Seasons
Sports
Toys/Games

New Products

Shop by Price
Under $10
From $10 - $30
From $30 - $50
From $50 - $100
Above $100
All Price Ranges

Guardian Angel Store: Forums

The Guardian Angel Store Forums :: View topic - Rejoice When the Lost are Found
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rejoice When the Lost are Found

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guardian Angel Store Forums Forum Index -> Reflections Printable Version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Prayer-Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:30 pm    Post subject: Rejoice When the Lost are Found Reply with quote

Rejoice When the Lost are Found

Scripture:

And the Lord spoke to Moses, saying: Go, get you down: your people, which you have brought out of the land of Egypt, have sinned. They have quickly strayed from the way which you did show them: and they have made to themselves a molten calf, and have adored it, and sacrificing victims to it, have said: These are your gods, O Israel, that have brought you out of the land of Egypt. And again the Lord said to Moses: I see that this people is stiff necked: Let me alone, that my wrath may be kindled against them, and that I may destroy them, and I will make of you a great nation. But Moses besought the Lord his God, saying: Why, O Lord, is your indignation enkindled against your people, whom you have brought out of the land of Egypt, with great power, and with a mighty hand?

Remember Abraham, Isaac, and Israel, your servants, to whom you swore by your own self, saying: I will multiply your seed as the stars of heaven: and this whole land that I have spoken of, I will give to your seed, and you shall possess it for ever: And the Lord was appeased from doing the evil which he had spoken against his people.
(Exodus 32:7-11, 13-14)

I give him thanks who has strengthened me, even to Christ Jesus our Lord, for that he has counted me faithful, putting me in the ministry: Who before was a blasphemer and a persecutor and offender. But I obtained the mercy of God, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief. Now the grace of our Lord has abounded exceedingly with faith and love, which is in Christ Jesus. A faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am the chief. But for this cause have I obtained mercy: that in me first Christ Jesus might show forth all patience, for the information of them that shall believe in him unto life everlasting. Now to the king of ages, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever. Amen. (1 Timothy 1:12-17)

Now the publicans and sinners drew near unto him to hear him. And the Pharisees and the scribes murmured, saying: This man receives sinners and eats with them. And he spoke to them this parable, saying: What man of you that has a hundred sheep, and if he shall lose one of them, does he not leave the ninety-nine in the desert and go after that which was lost, until he find it? And when he has found it, lay it upon his shoulders, rejoicing? And coming home, call together his friends and neighbors, saying to them: Rejoice with me, because I have found my sheep that was lost? I say to you that even so there shall be joy in heaven upon one sinner that does penance, more than upon ninety-nine just who need not penance.

Or what woman having ten coins, if she lose one coin, does not light a candle and sweep the house and seek diligently until she find it? And when she hath found it, call together her friends and neighbors, saying: Rejoice with me, because I have found the coin which I had lost. So I say to you, there shall be joy before the angels of God upon one sinner doing penance.

And he said: A certain man had two sons; and the younger of them said to his father: Father, give me the portion of substance that falls to me. And he divided unto them his substance. And not many days after, the younger son, gathering all together, went abroad into a far country: and there wasted his substance, living riotously. And after he had spent all, there came a mighty famine in that country: and he began to be in want. And he went and cleaved to one of the citizens of that country. And he sent him into his farm to feed swine. And he would fain have filled his belly with the husks the swine did eat: and no man gave unto him.

And returning to himself, he said: How many hired servants in the house of my father abound with bread, and I here perish with hunger! I will arise and will go to my father and say to him: Father, I have sinned against heaven and before you. I am not worthy to be called your son: make me as one of your hired servants.

And rising up, he came to his father. And when he was yet a great way off, his father saw him and was moved with compassion and running to him fell upon his neck and kissed him. And the son said to him: Father: I have sinned against heaven and before you I am not now worthy to be called your son. And the father said to his servants: Bring forth quickly the first robe and put it on him: and put a ring on his hand and shoes on his feet. And bring hither the fatted calf, and kill it: and let us eat and make merry: Because this my son was dead and is come to life again, was lost and is found. And they began to be merry.

Now his elder son was in the field and when he came and drew nigh to the house, he heard music and dancing. And he called one of the servants, and asked what these things meant. And he said to him: Your brother is come and your father has killed the fatted calf, because he has received him safe. And he was angry and would not go in. His father therefore coming out began to entreat him. And he answering, said to his father: Behold, for so many years do I serve you and I have never transgressed your commandment: and yet you have never given me a kid to make merry with my friends. But as soon as this your son is come, who has devoured his substance with harlots, you have killed for him the fatted calf. But he said to him: Son, you are always with me; and all I have is yours. But it was fit that we should make merry and be glad: for this your brother was dead and is come to life again; he was lost, and is found.
(Luke 15:1-32)

Reflection:

Generations have pondered and debated their God, confused by what He asks of them and what they desire for themselves. Though delivered from tribulation by their God, the people became confounded in their providence. They did not see the blessings before them and sought paths to their own desires. Though their God is before them, it has been the way of generations to seek idols of their own design, attempting to create their gods in their image rather than living according to the image of their Creator. As it was then, it is now, the arrogant worship what they believe to be their knowledge; though it is so little of what is so vast. The distractions of this world continue in this way but for the faith of the remnant few. Blessed are those who seek to remain true to their God for through their faith, many who stray shall be saved.

If the children of His creation understood the love He has for them, they would not turn away, but because of the selfishness which fills so many hearts, they are blinded to what is before them. Blessed are those who accept His love in their hearts, for they are brought closer to His blessings. Through prayer, we may all find the happiness of His love and His peace; for if we accept His call to selflessness, we will not be concerned with what we store up, for we will be concerned with what we give for the blessings of others. And if all extend their hands in love to one another, so much more shall each one receive. Love cannot be stored, it can only be given.

Though so many rebuke Him, He waits with patience for hearts to turn from darkness to His light. Each soul He has created. Each soul He has given a potential. Each soul He has given freedom to choose their path, yet, so many stray because they are confounded by their selfishness. As they look at the world, though His beauty surrounds them, they are blinded by their desires. For this reason, so many seek their paths and their fortunes, but they fail to see the only path to eternal happiness.

We squander what He gives to us, for we do not understand His love. Many believe they can do better for themselves than the love He has to offer. And so He allows each to go their own way. He is pleased with those who live with faith, for they remain close with Him; but he waits with a patient heart for each one who has strayed to learn from the consequences of what they have done so that they may return to Him. The faithful He asks not to judge, but asks that they rejoice, just as He, when those who are lost are found.

Blessed is the one who walks a journey of faith, for they have found the path which yields a happiness the world cannot give. Blessed are those who stray and find the emptiness of their pursuits, for they too will understand and will know even more the blessings only He can give; for the heart without His love will find only a void which can never be filled. The faithful should look for the lost with the same yearning as He, for the child of His creation which returns to Him means one more heart devoted to love and two less hands doing works of evil.

May the peace and blessings of the Lord be with you always,
Prayer Soldier

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guardian Angel Store Forums Forum Index -> Reflections Printable Version All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: