Guardian Angel Store - Christian gifts and books to share your values

Site Search:

Store Search:

Home > Forums > Thoughts > Prayers in Thanks for Family Home | Forums | My Account |  My Wishlist  |  Cart Contents  |  Checkout  |  www.GuardianAngelStore.com is RSS enabled.  Add this link to your feed reader to get our news updates.  In the forums add the link next to the forums you want to receive updates for.
 Navigation

Main
 Home
General
 News
 News Submission
 News Topics
 Search
 Sitemap
Community
 Forums
 Web Links
Members
 Account
Information
 About Us
 Contact
 FAQ
 Legal Documents
 Link To Us

Shopping

Aids--Classroom, Bible, Office
Angels
Automotive
Bereavement & Memorial
Bible Center
Books
Books, Used
Candles & Necessities
Church Supplies
Clothing
Collectibles/Figurines
Crosses/Crucifixes
Devotions
Encouragement/Inspirational Gift
Garden Decor
Gifts for Family & Friends
Home Treasures
Jewelry
Knights of Columbus Gifts
Love, Weddings & Marriage
Media - CDs/DVDs/Software
Message Cards
Names to Remember
Patriotism
Pocket Coins & Tokens
Sacramentals
Sacraments
Saints
Special Seasons
Sports
Toys/Games

New Products

Shop by Price
Under $10
From $10 - $30
From $30 - $50
From $50 - $100
Above $100
All Price Ranges

Guardian Angel Store: Forums

The Guardian Angel Store Forums :: View topic - Prayers in Thanks for Family
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Prayers in Thanks for Family

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guardian Angel Store Forums Forum Index -> Thoughts Printable Version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Prayer-Soldier

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:15 pm    Post subject: Prayers in Thanks for Family Reply with quote

Prayers in Thanks for Family

Yesterday, on the holiday reserved for fathers, I posted two prayers of thanks; one in the morning and one in the evening. The first prayer was: Dear Lord, I pray in thanks for the family with which You have blessed me. The second was: Dear Lord, I thank you for such a wonderful day. You have blessed me with so much.

The prayers came from my heart as I reflected upon the blessings I have received as a father. As I post prayers, I hope that others will relate to and perhaps join in them. I often note a few likes and amens, but on this day, I noted responses many fold over than I have ever seen before. These two prayers of thanks appeared to resonate in the hearts of many, perhaps from the connection of the day reserved for fathers, but, I think more because of the importance of family to our lives.

As we walk our daily journey, we choose our friends and we choose our spouses, but our families are gifts from God. Family is the glue of society through which we share and pass our faith, values, traditions and customs through the generations. It is no wonder, then, that the evil one seeks to meddle through temptations of selfishness as a means to drive wedges into families. If he is able to destroy the family, he is able to destroy the very fabric of society. If families are torn asunder, what hope, then, is there for communities and nations?

As we live and share with one another, there are many stresses. Parents must find time to provide for the family as well as raise their children. Income, debt, needs and wants all place stress upon parents, but what they invest in the raising of their children is priceless to our future as the children will become the parents and leaders of generations to come. What parents do for this generation will influence what is done for the next.

In some cases, the baton is passed and children become the care givers of the parents. Those who once provided are now the ones in need. It is the blessing and strength of love which lifts a care giver through each day. Blessed are the care givers, for through their sacrifice, they fulfill His commandments to love.

Each family progresses in different ways, with times of blessings and times of challenge. As we seek to share the resources of the household, many compromises must be made. The evil one seeks to meddle so that arguments and conflicts sow division. Some may be left to ask: If the the family is so important, why does God leave it so vulnerable to the evil one? The answer may be found within our own hearts. As with all things, He gives us freewill as to the choices we make. The path of harmony or division remains the choice of those who walk together. Blessed are those who invite Him into their families, for He will guide them; but we must still remember, each day progresses according to our choices.

Again, one may be tempted to ask: Yes, I have invited Him into my heart; why, then, do I struggle with another within my family? This is perhaps the most difficult question, for while He will guide us, freewill means the steps are still up to us. If we struggle with a loved one, we should first look deep within ourselves and ask: How much of the relationship is driven by the desire of what we want as opposed to selfless love?

There are many reasons for family relationships to be open to the meddling of the evil one, but, through prayer, we should ask: How can I make things better? The answer will not always be as we expect, for despite our will, there is always the will of another. God knows our every need, but through prayer, we let Him know we care. While we may have desires of what comes from a relationship, we should also ask Him that we may be granted wisdom and patience as we consider others.

It is a tragedy when we lose a family member to the ways of the world, but we must remember, that through prayer, many souls may be saved. Blessed are those who are close within their family, for they enjoy the gift of love He has always intended for His creation. As with any relationship, though, it requires daily work.

Our first prayer of family should be: Dear Lord, guide me in what I can do to provide blessings for my family. Our second prayer of family should be: Dear Lord, I pray that You guide the hearts of my family so that we may share the blessings of love with You, amongst ourselves and with those who cross our paths.

These prayers are so important, for it starts with us; what we can do? It is our petition to God that He grants to us the wisdom and strength of selflessness so that we open ourselves to take care of those we love. The second prayer invites Him within the family so that every heart may be open to His ways of love over the ways of the world.

He will answer our prayers, sometimes in ways we do not expect. Each day we should look first for the blessings and close the door to the ways the evil one will meddle with our heart. As we experience moments with our families, we must remember prayers of thanks, for when we share in moments of love and caring, they are blessings made possible through the desire He has always had for us.

I am thankful for those who saw and joined in my prayers, for it reflects the hope of love which we desire for our families. My prayer now is that every family may share many blessings and that His commandments to love may flourish throughout the generations. Blessed are those who share in this prayer, for they share in the hope and blessings of which is His desire for all the children of His creation.

May the peace and blessings of the Lord be with you always,
Prayer Soldier

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guardian Angel Store Forums Forum Index -> Thoughts Printable Version All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: