Guardian Angel Store - Christian gifts and books to share your values

Site Search:

Store Search:

Home > Forums > Reflections > His Love Within Us Home | Forums | My Account |  My Wishlist  |  Cart Contents  |  Checkout  |  www.GuardianAngelStore.com is RSS enabled.  Add this link to your feed reader to get our news updates.  In the forums add the link next to the forums you want to receive updates for.
 Navigation

Main
 Home
General
 News
 News Submission
 News Topics
 Search
 Sitemap
Community
 Forums
 Web Links
Members
 Account
Information
 About Us
 Contact
 FAQ
 Legal Documents
 Link To Us

Shopping

Aids--Classroom, Bible, Office
Angels
Automotive
Bereavement & Memorial
Bible Center
Books
Books, Used
Candles & Necessities
Church Supplies
Clothing
Collectibles/Figurines
Crosses/Crucifixes
Devotions
Encouragement/Inspirational Gift
Garden Decor
Gifts for Family & Friends
Home Treasures
Jewelry
Knights of Columbus Gifts
Love, Weddings & Marriage
Media - CDs/DVDs/Software
Message Cards
Names to Remember
Patriotism
Pocket Coins & Tokens
Sacramentals
Sacraments
Saints
Special Seasons
Sports
Toys/Games

New Products

Shop by Price
Under $10
From $10 - $30
From $30 - $50
From $50 - $100
Above $100
All Price Ranges

Guardian Angel Store: Forums

The Guardian Angel Store Forums :: View topic - His Love Within Us
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

His Love Within Us

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guardian Angel Store Forums Forum Index -> Reflections Printable Version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Prayer-Soldier

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 4:57 pm    Post subject: His Love Within Us Reply with quote

His Love Within Us

Scripture:

In those days Peter rising up in the midst of the brethren, said: (now the number of persons together was about an hundred and twenty:) Men, brethren, the scripture must needs be fulfilled, which the Holy Spirit spoke before by the mouth of David concerning Judas, who was the leader of them that apprehended Jesus: Who was numbered with us, and had obtained part of this ministry.

For it is written in the book of Psalms: Let their habitation become desolate, and let there be none to dwell therein. And his office let another take.

Wherefore of these men who have companied with us all the time that the Lord Jesus came in and went out among us, beginning from the baptism of John, until the day wherein he was taken up from us, one of these must be made a witness with us of his resurrection. And they appointed two, Joseph, called Barsabas, who was surnamed Justus, and Matthias. And praying, they said: You, Lord, who knows the hearts of all men, show whether of these two you have chosen to take the place of this ministry and apostleship, from which Judas has by transgression fallen, that he might go to his own place. And they gave them lots, and the lot fell upon Matthias, and he was numbered with the eleven apostles.
(Acts 1:15-17, 20-26)

My dearest, if God has so loved us; we also ought to love one another. No man has seen God at any time. If we love one another, God abides in us, and his charity is perfected in us. In this we know that we abide in him, and he in us: because he has given us of his spirit. And we have seen, and do testify, that the Father has sent his Son to be the Savior of the world. Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God abides in him, and he in God. And we have known, and have believed the charity, which God has to us. God is charity: and he that abides in charity, abides in God, and God in him. (1 John 4:11-16)

Holy Father, keep them in your name whom you have given me; that they may be one, as we also are. While I was with them, I kept them in your name. Those whom you gave me have I kept; and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition, that the scripture may be fulfilled. And now I come to you; and these things I speak in the world, that they may have my joy filled in themselves. I have given them your word, and the world has hated them, because they are not of the world; as I also am not of the world. I pray not that you should take them out of the world, but that you should keep them from evil. They are not of the world, as I also am not of the world. Sanctify them in truth. Your word is truth. As you have sent me into the world, I also have sent them into the world. And for them do I sanctify myself, that they also may be sanctified in truth. (John 17:11B-19)

Reflection:

The work of one is not forever, for though the needs of the people grow with the passing days, there are many hands which are called to tend. Some will pass away and some to other things; therefore, He calls many to tend to His flock. Not all will be asked to accomplish the same efforts, for not all will be given the same gifts, but each who is called will be given the talents to accomplish that which is at hand. If we should hear His call, we should not be afraid to respond, for He will grant us the ability to accomplish according to the need.

We are blessed that God seeks for us to participate in His works, for as we become an instrument of His will, we become a part of the body of Christ and He works through us. As we allow ourselves to be guided by the Holy Spirit, so are we also guided by His love.

Though many will rise to stand against us because of our faith in Him, we should not fear. As we adhere to His truth and our faith in Jesus as our Savior, we frustrate evil. The evil one will seek to attack us in many ways, searching for any means to weaken our faith and love of Him. Satan does not care how we may become distracted or discouraged to fall away from the will of God, only that we do. If we reach out to Him, He will guide us through the turmoil and ordeals such that we may prepare for the days we shall be called beyond the works of this world to the place He prepares for us in heaven.

May the peace and blessings of the Lord be with you always,
Prayer Soldier

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guardian Angel Store Forums Forum Index -> Reflections Printable Version All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: