Guardian Angel Store - Christian gifts and books to share your values

Site Search:

Store Search:

Home > Forums > Reflections > One Conquered Death So All May L Home | Forums | My Account |  My Wishlist  |  Cart Contents  |  Checkout  |  www.GuardianAngelStore.com is RSS enabled.  Add this link to your feed reader to get our news updates.  In the forums add the link next to the forums you want to receive updates for.
 Navigation

Main
 Home
General
 News
 News Submission
 News Topics
 Search
 Sitemap
Community
 Forums
 Web Links
Members
 Account
Information
 About Us
 Contact
 FAQ
 Legal Documents
 Link To Us

Shopping

About Face Messengers
Angels
Annalee Mobilitee Dolls
Automotive
Bible Center
Bible/Book Reading Aids
Books
CHRISTMAS
Church Supplies
Clothing
Crosses
Easter
Family
Figurines
Friends
Garden Decor
Gift Extras
Gifts for the Home
Health Care
Jewelry
Joseph's Studios Collection
Knights of Columbus Gifts
Media - CDs/DVDs/Software
Names to Remember
Patriotism
Pocket Tokens
Posters
Precious Moments Collection
Sacramentals
Sacraments
Saint Joseph Home Seller
Saints
Sentiment Gifts
Sports
Teacher Aides
Toys/Games
Weddings/Marriage
Willow Tree Collection

New Products

Shop by Price
Under $10
From $10 - $30
From $30 - $50
From $50 - $100
Above $100
All Price Ranges

Guardian Angel Store: Forums

The Guardian Angel Store Forums :: View topic - One Conquered Death So All May Live in God
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

One Conquered Death So All May Live in God

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guardian Angel Store Forums Forum Index -> Reflections Printable Version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Prayer-Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:13 am    Post subject: One Conquered Death So All May Live in God Reply with quote

One Conquered Death So All May Live in God

Scripture:

Behold the days shall come, said the Lord, and I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Juda: Not according to the covenant which I made with their fathers, in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt, the covenant which they made void, and I had dominion over them, said the Lord. But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel, after those days, said the Lord: I will give my law in their depths, and I will write it in their heart: and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. And they shall teach no more every man his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying: Know the Lord: for all shall know me from the least of them even to the greatest, said the Lord: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more. (Jeremiah 31:31-34)

Who in the days of his flesh, with a strong cry and tears, offering up prayers and supplications to him that was able to save him from death, was heard for his reverence. And whereas indeed he was the Son of God, he learned obedience by the things which he suffered. And being consummated, he became, to all that obey him, the cause of eternal salvation: (Hebrews 5:7-9)

Now there were certain Gentiles among them, who came up to adore on the festival day. These therefore came to Philip, who was of Bethsaida of Galilee, and desired him, saying: Sir, we would see Jesus. Philip came and told Andrew. Again Andrew and Philip told Jesus. But Jesus answered them, saying: The hour is come that the Son of man should be glorified.

Amen, amen, I say to you, unless the grain of wheat falling into the ground die, itself remains alone. But if it die it brings forth much fruit. He that loves his life shall lose it and he that hates his life in this world keeps it unto life eternal. If any man minister to me, let him follow me: and where I am, there also shall my minister be. If any man minister to me, him will my Father honor. Now is my soul troubled. And what shall I say? Father, save me from this hour. But for this cause I came unto this hour. Father, glorify your name.

A voice therefore came from heaven: I have both glorified it and will glorify it again. The multitude therefore that stood and heard said that it thundered. Others said: An angel spoke to him. Jesus answered and said: This voice came not because of me, but for your sakes. Now is the judgment of the world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out. And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all things to myself. (Now this he said, signifying what death he should die.)
(John 12:20-33)

Reflection:

Through the generations, God has sought a deep relationship with the children of His creation. He has sought to guide them and save them from ways which would destroy them. He has left the choice to them as to the path to which they will follow, but through His grace and mercy, He calls to each of them and offers the blessings of His forgiveness when they stray from His Word.

In days past, there were those who were His chosen people. There were those who respected His covenant, but there were also those who lost their way. There were those who professed His law, but failed to understand its meaning or its truest blessing. There were those who were seduced to deceptions. There were those who were seduced to unspeakable crimes. Tribes and nations have been seduced away from Him, but He still calls.

He seeks to be in the hearts of all the children of His creation. He seeks to build the power of love around them and within them. Though we are not worthy, the blessing of His forgiveness is eternal if we but seek to accept it. We accept it by believing in Him and following in His ways. Blessed are we when we allow our hearts to be filled with His Holy Spirit.

It was the One who was sinless who is, was, and always will be obedient to the Father. Through Him new life awaits all who seek to follow Him. The blessings of His ways are beyond measure, yet, so many fail to comprehend, fail to understand. Blessed are those who believe in Him, for hope reigns in their hearts. Blessed are those who understand the wisdom of His ways, for through them peace shall be found.

The time of His coming has forever been ordained. For what people have done and what people will do, one moment was brought forth. While many flocked to Him, others would plot against Him. As His hour approached, only He knew what was to approach and what would follow. Even those closest to Him did not understand what He told Him, but after all unfolded, they came to understand the sacrifice made for them.

Blessed are those who heard the voice from heaven for they knew what they heard. The voice was for those who would hear so that they may tell those who were not there to witness. From one mouth to the ears of another the moment observed has been passed through the generations so that those today might know and understand what passed then.

As God came down form heaven and walked the earth as man, He did not come with armies to impose His commandments, instead, he came as One to teach the wisdom of His Word. The Son of God forces no one to follow Him, though He invites all. Jesus did not come into the world to condemn, rather, He came to save. The Prince of Peace did not lead acts of violence and oppression against those who opposed Him, rather, He used His healing hands to make the lame walk, the deaf hear, and the blind see. By His authority, He cast out demons and brought the dead back to life, but the greatest power He demonstrated and asks of us now is the power of Love.

Through His life on earth, He called everyone by explaining the ways, blessings and glory of the Father. He demonstrated the way of love and the path to salvation which may only be found through Him. Though He was struck down, the people of that moment have passed to dust while He is the source of life eternal. He treats the humble and afflicted with dignity and holds the haughty to account. His ways are greater than any empire and yields blessings for all who seek to understand His Word.

The Son of God did not come to this world to wield death as would kings of conquest. He came to this world to accept death so that it would be conquered. He came to this world to light the way so that those who believe in Him will follow Him to everlasting life.

May the peace and blessings of the Lord be with you always,
Prayer Soldier

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guardian Angel Store Forums Forum Index -> Reflections Printable Version All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: