Guardian Angel Store - Christian gifts and books to share your values

Site Search:

Store Search:

Home > Forums > Reflections > Who Will Answer His Call? Home | Forums | My Account |  My Wishlist  |  Cart Contents  |  Checkout  |  www.GuardianAngelStore.com is RSS enabled.  Add this link to your feed reader to get our news updates.  In the forums add the link next to the forums you want to receive updates for.
 Navigation

Main
 Home
General
 News
 News Submission
 News Topics
 Search
 Sitemap
Community
 Forums
 Web Links
Members
 Account
Information
 About Us
 Contact
 FAQ
 Legal Documents
 Link To Us

Shopping

About Face Messengers
Angels
Annalee Mobilitee Dolls
Automotive
Bible Center
Bible/Book Reading Aids
Books
CHRISTMAS
Clothing
Crosses
Family
Figurines
Friends
Garden Decor
Gift Extras
Gifts for the Home
Health Care
Jewelry
Joseph's Studios Collection
Knights of Columbus Gifts
Media - CDs/DVDs/Software
Names to Remember
Patriotism
Pocket Tokens
Posters
Precious Moments Collection
Sacramentals
Sacraments
Saint Joseph Home Seller
Saints
Sentiment Gifts
Sports
Teacher Aides
Toys/Games
Weddings/Marriage
Willow Tree Collection

New Products

Shop by Price
Under $10
From $10 - $30
From $30 - $50
From $50 - $100
Above $100
All Price Ranges

Guardian Angel Store: Forums

The Guardian Angel Store Forums :: View topic - Who Will Answer His Call?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Who Will Answer His Call?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guardian Angel Store Forums Forum Index -> Reflections Printable Version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Prayer-Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:01 pm    Post subject: Who Will Answer His Call? Reply with quote

Who Will Answer His Call?

Scripture:

In the year that king Ozias died, I saw the Lord sitting upon a throne high and elevated: and his train filled the temple. Upon it stood the seraphims: And they cried one to another, and said: Holy, holy, holy, the Lord God of hosts, all the earth is full of his glory. And the lintels of the doors were moved at the voice of him that cried, and the house was filled with smoke. And I said: Woe is me, because I have held my peace; because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people that has unclean lips, and I have seen with my eyes the King the Lord of hosts.

And one of the seraphims flew to me, and in his hand was a live coal, which he had taken with the tongs off the altar. And he touched my mouth, and said: Behold this has touched thy lips, and your iniquities shall be taken away, and your sin shall be cleansed. And I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: Whom shall I send? and who shall go for us? And I said: Lo, here am I, send me.

( Isaiah 6:1-2A, 3-8 )

Now I make known unto you, brethren, the gospel which I preached to you, which also you have received, and wherein you stand; by which also you are saved, if you hold fast after what manner I preached unto you, unless you have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all, which I also received: how that Christ died for our sins, according to the scriptures: And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day, according to the scriptures: And that he was seen by Cephas; and after that by the eleven.

Then he was seen by more than five hundred brethren at once: of whom many remain until this present, and some are fallen asleep. After that, he was seen by James, then by all the apostles. And last of all, he was seen also by me, as by one born out of due time. For I am the least of the apostles, who am not worthy to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God. But by the grace of God, I am what I am; and his grace in me has not been void, but I have labored more abundantly than all they: yet not I, but the grace of God with me. For whether I, or they, so we preach, and so you have believed.

(1 Corinthians 15:1-11)

And it came to pass, that when the multitudes pressed upon him to hear the word of God, he stood by the lake of Genesareth, and saw two ships standing by the lake: but the fishermen were gone out of them, and were washing their nets. And going into one of the ships that belonged to Simon, he desired him to draw back a little from the land. And sitting he taught the multitudes out of the ship. Now when he had ceased to speak, he said to Simon: Launch out into the deep, and let down your nets for a draught. and Simon answering said to him: Master, we have labored all the night, and have taken nothing: but at your word I will let down the net.

And when they had done this, they enclosed a very great multitude of fish, and their net broke. And they beckoned to their partners that were in the other ship, that they should come and help them. And they came, and filled both the ships, so that they were almost sinking. Which when Simon Peter saw, he fell down at the knees of Jesus, saying: Depart from me, for I am a sinful man, O Lord. For he was wholly astonished, and all that were with him, at the draught of the fish which they had taken. And so were also James and John the sons of Zebedee, who were partners of Simon. And Jesus said to Simon: Fear not: from henceforth you shall catch men. And having brought their ships to land, leaving all things, they followed him.

(Luke 5:1-11)

Reflection:

As we observe the world, the deceptions, disruptions, and designs of the evil one appear to be in motion everywhere. While there are those who endeavor to spread the blessings of the Lord and the goodness to which He calls us, as we observe the events of our day, we cannot ignore the evil which rages. In despair, we might be tempted to believe that all is lost, that there is no hope; but the faithful, the remnant few, those who allow themselves to be led by the Holy Spirit, know how the battle ends.

As we observe the pain of the world which surrounds us, we are tempted to cry out, ?Lord, who will You send to stop this evil?? With the eyes and ears of their hearts closed, so many fail to hear His answer. The answer is simple, within each generation, God creates an overwhelming army by which evil may be defeated. That army is us. The question is, will we answer His call? Will we allow Him to send us? Will we allow Him to work through us? Will we allow His will to be done by us?

The call of God is to each and every child of His creation. He created each of us for a purpose; each with gifts and talents by which that purpose may be accomplished. He did not call everyone to be prophets. He did not call everyone to be Apostles. He did not call everyone to be priests. He did not call everyone to be teachers or healers. He did not call everyone to be mothers or fathers. He did not call everyone to be kings, queens, or mighty rulers; but He does call everyone to their purpose and through that purpose, to share the blessings of love. (1 Corinthians 12:4-31)

We might be tempted to believe that the call of God is not for us; that somehow, we are mere spectators in this world. We are tempted to believe we are simply here to go along to get along with whoever rules the day. We are tempted to believe there is a comfort in the darkness, for while it does not provide any joy or warmth for our soul, it hides what is revealed by the light; the ugliness and wretchedness of our sin. We might be tempted to believe we cannot do the work our Creator has for us because there is not enough good in us, as evidenced by our sin. Instead of seeking His mercy and forgiveness and working to correct our flaws, we allow our failings to turn us away from His call.

We might be tempted to believe that we have no power and can contribute nothing in the battle against the evil one; that we are simply too weak. This is what the evil one would have us believe so we will not take the hand of God, so we will not assume our place in the fight, so that whatever goodness and love which is within us shall remain hidden and out of sight of those who surround us.

The evil one desires that if we do not turn to his dark ways, at least we shall be sidelined by our indifference and complacency, for if nothing of God comes from us, the evil one has nothing to combat. (cf. Revelation 3:15-16) The evil one smiles as he observes those who lack confidence in their faith, for they become easy prey. He relishes those who do not know their faith and the truth revealed by the scriptures, for they are easy to deceive and seduce to his designs.

If we are to survive the evil, we must call upon the Holy Spirit to open the eyes and ears of our heart and to guide us to the blessings of His Holy truth. If we are to survive the evil, we must turn to His Holy Word and study it carefully so we may protect ourselves from the deceptions of the prince of darkness. If we are to survive the evil, we must pray that we shall be guided in our purpose and the work which our Heavenly Father desires of us so that His will may be done. If we are to survive the evil, we must seek to join hands with those who surround us so we may share the blessings of love and the fullness of faith. If we are to survive the evil, we must listen for His voice within our hearts and allow Him to lead us so that it is not our will of the world, but His will of love which shall be done.

Questions for further reflection:

In what ways may we open our hearts to hear His call and learn what He desires us to accomplish?

In what ways may we discover the gifts and talents He placed in us so we may fulfill the purpose for which He created us?

In what ways may we turn ourselves over to Him so that it is not our will, but His will which is done?

May the peace and blessings of the Lord be with you always,
Prayer Soldier

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guardian Angel Store Forums Forum Index -> Reflections Printable Version All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: