Guardian Angel Store - Christian gifts and books to share your values

Site Search:

Store Search:

Home > Forums > Reflections > The Narrow Path of the Loving He Home | Forums | My Account |  My Wishlist  |  Cart Contents  |  Checkout  |  www.GuardianAngelStore.com is RSS enabled.  Add this link to your feed reader to get our news updates.  In the forums add the link next to the forums you want to receive updates for.
 Navigation

Main
 Home
General
 News
 News Submission
 News Topics
 Search
 Sitemap
Community
 Forums
 Web Links
Members
 Account
Information
 About Us
 Contact
 FAQ
 Legal Documents
 Link To Us

Shopping

About Face Messengers
Angels
Annalee Mobilitee Dolls
Automotive
Bible Center
Bible/Book Reading Aids
Books
CHRISTMAS
Clothing
Crosses
Family
Figurines
Friends
Garden Decor
Gift Extras
Gifts for the Home
Health Care
Jewelry
Joseph's Studios Collection
Knights of Columbus Gifts
Media - CDs/DVDs/Software
Names to Remember
Patriotism
Pocket Tokens
Posters
Precious Moments Collection
Sacramentals
Sacraments
Saint Joseph Home Seller
Saints
Sentiment Gifts
Sports
Teacher Aides
Toys/Games
Weddings/Marriage
Willow Tree Collection

New Products

Shop by Price
Under $10
From $10 - $30
From $30 - $50
From $50 - $100
Above $100
All Price Ranges

Guardian Angel Store: Forums

The Guardian Angel Store Forums :: View topic - The Narrow Path of the Loving Heart
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Narrow Path of the Loving Heart

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guardian Angel Store Forums Forum Index -> Reflections Printable Version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Prayer-Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:50 pm    Post subject: The Narrow Path of the Loving Heart Reply with quote

The Narrow Path of the Loving Heart

Scripture:

But I know their works, and their thoughts: I come that I may gather them together with all nations and tongues: and they shall come and shall see my glory. And I will set a sign among them, and I will send of them that shall be saved, to the Gentiles into the sea, into Africa, and Lydia them that draw the bow: into Italy, and Greece, to the islands afar off, to them that have not heard of me, and have not seen my glory. And they shall declare my glory to the Gentiles: And they shall bring all your brethren out of all nations for a gift to the Lord, upon horses, and in chariots, and in litters, and on mules, and in coaches, to my holy mountain Jerusalem, said the Lord, as if the children of Israel should bring an offering in a clean vessel into the house of the Lord. And I will take of them to be priests, and Levites, said the Lord.
(Isaiah 66:18-21)

And you have forgotten the consolation which speaks to you, as unto children, saying: My son, neglect not the discipline of the Lord: neither be you wearied while you are rebuked by him. For whom the Lord loves he chastises: and he scourges every son whom he receives. Persevere under discipline. God deals with you as with his sons. For what son is there whom the father does not correct?

Now all chastisement for the present indeed seems not to bring with it joy, but sorrow: but afterwards it will yield, to them that are exercised by it, the most peaceable fruit of justice. Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees, and make straight steps with your feet: that no one, halting, may go out of the way; but rather be healed.

(Hebrews 12:5-7, 11-13)

And he went through the cities and towns teaching and making his journey to Jerusalem. And a certain man said to him: Lord, are they few that are saved? But he said to them: Strive to enter by the narrow gate: for many, I say to you, shall seek to enter and shall not be able. But when the master of the house shall be gone in and shall shut the door, you shall begin to stand without; and knock at the door, saying: Lord, open to us. And he answering, shall say to you: I know you not, whence you are. Then you shall begin to say: We have eaten and drunk in your presence: and you have taught in our streets. And he shall say to you: I know you not, whence you are. Depart from me, all you workers of iniquity. There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth; when you shall see Abraham and Isaac and Jacob and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God: and you yourselves thrust out. And there shall come from the east and the west and the north and the south: and shall sit down in the kingdom of God. And behold, they are last that shall be first: and they are first that shall be last.
(Luke 13:22-30)

Reflection:

There are many fads of the day. Sports, technology, fashion, celebrities, diets, science; whatever floats in the news and causes people to talk; these things compete for our attention and places within our hearts. We all have passions of interests, but do we remember to keep a special place within our day for the One who breathed life into us and created all which sustains us? Do we remember to lift up our hearts in thanks and praise to Him for all the blessings He brings and the many wonderful ways He works within our lives?

Many do not recognize the blessings of their day, for there are many distractions before them which only serve to lure them to worry, anxiety, fear, anger, and sorrow. Others turn away from the blessings before them because they fear the One who will hold them accountable for the offenses of their behavior and the harm which spawns from their choices and which ripples to surrounding souls.

The wisdom to which our Lord calls us is the wisdom of love. Despite all we may learn through His Holy Word, so many reject His wisdom and choose paths paved with their own arrogance and ignorance; failing to see the emptiness and darkness which awaits them and which they spread. Many are lured away by the flawed ideologies of the world and the professions of those who proclaim they have studied, yet fail to observe the vastness of what they do not know. The Lord awaits to teach them and fill them, but the door which separates Him from them, they must choose to open.

There are hearts which observe the Light in the distance. With curiosity, they wander near, but they fear rejection by the world they perceive more than they fear the consequences of ignorance of His Holy Truth. They want to know. They want to make sense. They seek to learn, but they also fear the mirror which the Lord will place before them which reveals what comes from their selfishness and lusts. The wisdom of the Lord is love; and if we are honest, we all seek it, and yet, so easily do we allow the evil one to lure us away from it.

In the place of the truth of our Lord, many seek their own justifications for their behaviors and their choices. Some seek to hide their flaws from others, and perhaps even themselves; convincing themselves there is happiness within despite the misgivings and sorrows which linger in the heart. Others seek to bend the world to their desires and twist reality to their perceptions. They twist the design and ways of God, then wonder why true happiness seems to always elude them. While they may perceive a pleasantness in the moment, they fail to recognize the emptiness of their pursuits and insatiable desires.

Some say the path of the Lord is too narrow and impossible to walk. They fear that by walking this narrow path, they will miss out on something, for that is the way that the serpent tempted the woman. (Genesis 3:4-5) In our pursuit of little and empty things, we risk losing what is most important, the eternity of love which may be obtained only through the only begotten Son of God. (John 14:6)

When we consider the paths before us, what will we choose? Will we seek to find the narrow path of the Lord? Will we encourage and seek to bring others along the way? Will we choose God over the world? Daily, choices are demanded of us, but if we pray for the Lord to guide us on our journey, He will not deny us. Let us, then, ask Him in prayer and take His hand, so He may lead us through the narrow gate to His kingdom; where love is shared by all, where there is no pain or affliction, and where evil is not allowed to follow.

Questions for further reflection:

What works and thoughts does our Lord see within our hearts?

In what ways do we learn from the wisdom of the Word and Love of the Lord?

In what ways do we seek to align our desires with the will of God?

May the peace and blessings of the Lord be with you always,
Prayer Soldier

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guardian Angel Store Forums Forum Index -> Reflections Printable Version All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: