Guardian Angel Store - Christian gifts and books to share your values

Site Search:

Store Search:

Home > Forums > Reflections > The Path He Desires for Us and W Home | Forums | My Account |  My Wishlist  |  Cart Contents  |  Checkout  |  www.GuardianAngelStore.com is RSS enabled.  Add this link to your feed reader to get our news updates.  In the forums add the link next to the forums you want to receive updates for.
 Navigation

Main
 Home
General
 News
 News Submission
 News Topics
 Search
 Sitemap
Community
 Forums
 Web Links
Members
 Account
Information
 About Us
 Contact
 FAQ
 Legal Documents
 Link To Us

Shopping

About Face Messengers
Angels
Annalee Mobilitee Dolls
Automotive
Bible Center
Bible/Book Reading Aids
Books
CHRISTMAS
Clothing
Crosses
Family
Figurines
Friends
Garden Decor
Gift Extras
Gifts for the Home
Health Care
Jewelry
Joseph's Studios Collection
Knights of Columbus Gifts
Media - CDs/DVDs/Software
Names to Remember
Patriotism
Pocket Tokens
Posters
Precious Moments Collection
Sacramentals
Sacraments
Saint Joseph Home Seller
Saints
Sentiment Gifts
Sports
Teacher Aides
Toys/Games
Weddings/Marriage
Willow Tree Collection

New Products

Shop by Price
Under $10
From $10 - $30
From $30 - $50
From $50 - $100
Above $100
All Price Ranges

Guardian Angel Store: Forums

The Guardian Angel Store Forums :: View topic - The Path He Desires for Us and What We Choose
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Path He Desires for Us and What We Choose

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guardian Angel Store Forums Forum Index -> Reflections Printable Version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Prayer-Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:40 pm    Post subject: The Path He Desires for Us and What We Choose Reply with quote

The Path He Desires for Us and What We Choose

Scripture:

And he brought him forth abroad, and said to him: Look up to heaven and number the stars, if you can. And he said to him: So shall your seed be. Abram believed God, and it was reputed to him unto justice. And he said to him: I am the Lord who brought you out from Ur of the Chaldees, to give you this land, and that you might possess it. But he said: Lord God, whereby may I know that I shall possess it? And the Lord answered, and said: Take me a cow of three years old, and a she goat of three years, and a ram of three years, a turtle also, and a pigeon. And he took all these, and divided them in the midst, and laid the two pieces of each one against the other; but the birds he divided not. And the fowls came down upon the carcasses, and Abram drove them away. And when the sun was setting, a deep sleep fell upon Abram, and a great and darksome horror seized upon him.

And when the sun was set, there arose a dark mist, and there appeared a smoking furnace and a lamp of fire passing between those divisions. That day God made a covenant with Abram, saying: To your seed will I give this land, from the river of Egypt even to the great river Euphrates.

( Genesis 15:5-12, 17-18 )

Be followers of me, brethren, and observe them who walk so as you have our model. For many walk, of whom I have told you often (and now tell you weeping), that they are enemies of the cross of Christ; whose end is destruction; whose God is their belly; and whose glory is in their shame; who mind earthly things. But our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Savior, our Lord Jesus Christ, who will reform the body of our lowness, made like to the body of his glory, according to the operation whereby also he is able to subdue all things unto himself. Therefore, my dearly beloved brethren, and most desired, my joy and my crown; so stand fast in the Lord, my dearly beloved.
(Philippians 3:17-4:1)

He took Peter, and James, and John, and went up into a mountain to pray. And while he prayed, the shape of his countenance was altered, and his raiment became white and glittering. And behold two men were talking with him. And they were Moses and Elias, appearing in majesty. And they spoke of his decease that he should accomplish in Jerusalem. But Peter and they that were with him were heavy with sleep. And waking, they saw his glory, and the two men that stood with him. And it came to pass, that as they were departing from him, Peter said to Jesus: Master, it is good for us to be here; and let us make three tabernacles, one for you, and one for Moses, and one for Elias; not knowing what he said. And as he spoke these things, there came a cloud, and overshadowed them; and they were afraid, when they entered into the cloud. And a voice came out of the cloud, saying: This is my beloved Son; hear him. And while the voice was uttered, Jesus was found alone. And they held their peace, and told no man in those days any of these things which they had seen.
(Luke 9:28B-36)

Reflection:

As we examine the stories of scripture, time and again, we see God working in the lives of the children of His creation. The stories reveal, over and over, how God endeavors to guide and lead His children, even to make covenants with them which are designed to bring blessings to their lives, covenants which God keeps, but from which the children of His creation wander as they chose to explore dangerous paths.

Some of His children remain faithful and worship their God, but all seem to stumble and fall away at some point. Even the most holy among us falter. Why, then, we must ask of ourselves, why does God have so much patience with us? Why does He waste His time with us? Why does He constantly beckon to us to take His hand?

We might ask the same question of a parent who, with deep love within their heart, cares for a child. The work of a parent is not always easy as they provide for their children, pouring out their love for them; often sacrificing for them; but the child does not always comprehend what is done for them or how they would not be able to survive if it was not for the hand which feeds them, nurtures them, clothes them, shelters them, teaches them, challenges them, and encourages them. The child, not always recognizing what has enabled them, are tempted to believe their way in life can all be done on their own, so they declare their independence as a means to pursue their wants and desires. How sad for them when they realize that though they may achieve and accomplish in small ways, just how little they can do in the scheme of the universe without helping hands.

The loving parent is patient, but also rebukes and corrects. They point out the snares and traps which are hidden on the path ahead, but the child, failing to observe or comprehend the dangers which lie in wait, runs forward with abandon. The time comes where the child is tempted to believe their knowledge is complete, supreme, and without error. They fail to observe their mistakes and the sources of their fallacies. They plod along with ever growing pain and misery until an experience reveals to them that what they have done and the paths which they have chosen bring them only to heartache and despair. (cf. Luke 15:11-16)

The loving parent does not desire pain and anguish for their children, so they make every effort to steer the child to safe paths. When the child remains oblivious or will not listen, the loving parent must watch as the child stumbles and falls. Feeling in their heart the pain of the child they so dearly love, the parent attempts to protect them, but until the child learns, the scene of selfishness and rebellion is repeated over and over.

The loving parent does not give up on their children. They may take a step back from time to time to allow the child to experience the consequences of their choices, but the hope of the loving parent is that their child shall learn to see the truths of life and the warning signs of evil and harmful paths. The loving parent awaits with open arms such that they may comfort their child and try once more to help the child find the path of what is right and just and which leads to the prosperity of the heart. Why does the loving parent do this? Because of their love.

Blessed is the child who discovers the hand which is there to help them and guide them to blessings. Blessed is the child who learns selfishness does not yield what it promises, rather, that it is a path which grows increasingly cold and lonely. Blessed is the child who learns who is the One who can help them and who reaches to take His hand.

We must reflect how we are the children of His creation. We must reflect how our knowledge is not complete, supreme, or without error, but that there is One whose knowledge is complete, supreme, and without error. We must reflect how He is our Creator and that we have the power to take His hand so He may lead us. Let us, then, allow Him to mold us so He may cleanse us of our iniquities and purge us of our failings and fallacies. Let us, allow Him to lead us to His kingdom; the destiny of our hope.

Questions for further reflection:

In what ways do we accept and live by the covenant of God and in what ways do we fail Him?

In what ways do we allow our Lord and Savior to lead us to the path of justice and righteousness?

In what ways do we allow our Creator to mold us so we may be who He created us to be?

May the peace and blessings of the Lord be with you always,
Prayer Soldier

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guardian Angel Store Forums Forum Index -> Reflections Printable Version All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: