Guardian Angel Store - Christian gifts and books to share your values

Site Search:

Store Search:

Home > Forums > Reflections > Responsibility and Stewardship o Home | Forums | My Account |  My Wishlist  |  Cart Contents  |  Checkout  |  www.GuardianAngelStore.com is RSS enabled.  Add this link to your feed reader to get our news updates.  In the forums add the link next to the forums you want to receive updates for.
 Navigation

Main
 Home
General
 News
 News Submission
 News Topics
 Search
 Sitemap
Community
 Forums
 Web Links
Members
 Account
Information
 About Us
 Contact
 FAQ
 Legal Documents
 Link To Us

Shopping

About Face Messengers
Angels
Annalee Mobilitee Dolls
Automotive
Bible Center
Bible/Book Reading Aids
Books
CHRISTMAS
Clothing
Crosses
Family
Figurines
Friends
Garden Decor
Gift Extras
Gifts for the Home
Health Care
Jewelry
Joseph's Studios Collection
Knights of Columbus Gifts
Media - CDs/DVDs/Software
Names to Remember
Patriotism
Pocket Tokens
Posters
Precious Moments Collection
Sacramentals
Sacraments
Saint Joseph Home Seller
Saints
Sentiment Gifts
Sports
Teacher Aides
Toys/Games
Weddings/Marriage
Willow Tree Collection

New Products

Shop by Price
Under $10
From $10 - $30
From $30 - $50
From $50 - $100
Above $100
All Price Ranges

Guardian Angel Store: Forums

The Guardian Angel Store Forums :: View topic - Responsibility and Stewardship of Our Choices
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Responsibility and Stewardship of Our Choices

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guardian Angel Store Forums Forum Index -> Reflections Printable Version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Prayer-Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:01 pm    Post subject: Responsibility and Stewardship of Our Choices Reply with quote

Responsibility and Stewardship of Our Choices

Scripture:

Thus says the Lord, who made a way in the sea, and a path in the mighty waters. Who brought forth the chariot and the horse, the army and the strong: they lay down to sleep together, and they shall not rise again: they are broken as flax, and are extinct. Remember not former things, and look not on things of old. Behold I do new things, and now they shall spring forth, verily you shall know them: I will make a way in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert. The beast of the field shall glorify me, the dragons and the ostriches: because I have given waters in the wilderness, rivers in the desert, to give drink to my people, to my chosen. This people have I formed for myself, they shall show forth my praise.
(Isaiah 43:16-21)

Furthermore I count all things to be but loss for the excellent knowledge of Jesus Christ my Lord; for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them but as dung, that I may gain Christ: And may be found in him, not having my justice, which is of the law, but that which is of the faith of Christ Jesus, which is of God, justice in faith: That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable to his death, if by any means I may attain to the resurrection which is from the dead. Not as though I has already attained, or were already perfect; but I follow after, if I may by any means apprehend, wherein I am also apprehended by Christ Jesus. Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended. But one thing I do: forgetting the things that are behind, and stretching forth myself to those that are before, I press towards the mark, to the prize of the supernal vocation of God in Christ Jesus.
(Philippians 3:8-14)

And Jesus went unto mount Olivet. and early in the morning he came again into the temple, and all the people came to him, and sitting down he taught them. And the scribes and the Pharisees bring unto him a woman taken in adultery: and they set her in the midst, and said to him: Master, this woman was even now taken in adultery. Now Moses in the law commanded us to stone such a one. But what say you?

And this they said tempting him, that they might accuse him. But Jesus bowing himself down, wrote with his finger on the ground. When therefore they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said to them: He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her. And again stooping down, he wrote on the ground. But they hearing this, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest. And Jesus alone remained, and the woman standing in the midst. Then Jesus lifting up himself, said to her: Woman, where are they that accused you? Has no man condemned you? Who said: No man, Lord. And Jesus said: Neither will I condemn you. Go, and now sin no more.

(John 8:1-11)

Reflection:

As we navigate the journey of life, we must observe that our continued existence is not possible if it were not for all which God provides. God enabled us to mold and form His creation such that we are sustained and nourished, but in this world, we must tend beyond physical needs, we must also tend to our spirit. For this reason, God speaks to us in varied ways to lead and guide us. (cf. Hebrews 1:1-4)

Through the design of God, we are blessed with all which sustains life. He has also provided us with all which sustains the spirit. For this, we should lift up our hearts in thanks and praise. The question before us, though, is whether we comprehend what He asks of us as He grants us dominion and responsibility for His creation? Will we be responsible stewards of what He has given us as individuals, families, communities, assemblies, and nations?

The temptation of the world is the realm of selfish desires. The more we attempt to hold onto selfish ways, the further we separate ourselves from what God asks of us. The more we adhere to the commandments of the Lord, the closer we come to the blessings He has always desired for us, the blessings of love.

The responsibility we have as stewards of what He allows us is first to do no harm, but we are also called to a higher standard; to love. Our temptation in enforcing what we believe to be right and just is to forget the mercy we are offered and the love we are given. We are told that if we love our Lord and Savior, we will keep His commandments. (cf. John 14-15) He did not command us to lord over others, rather, He commanded us to love one another.

As we consider His greatest commandments; to love God and one another (cf. Matthew 22:36-40), we must consider what He asks of our decisions and the motives of our actions. This is not a simple task, for this requires we examine whether our choices reflect our will or the will of our Creator. If we are to accomplish what He asks of us, we must reflect on what it means to share the blessings of love.

As we interact, we have a responsibility to protect the innocent and the weak. We have a responsibility to encourage what is right and just; not in our eyes, but in the eyes of God. We have a responsibility to balance our choices such that we do not cause harm. As we evaluate our choices, we must temper our decisions such that they are aligned with what God ask of us.

At times, such choices require kindness. At times, such choices require compassion. At times, such choices require charity. At times, such choices require mercy. At times, such choices require forgiveness. These are all elements of the love to which we are called.

In our stewardship of His creation and our relationships, we must endeavor to apply the qualities of love. (cf. 1 Corinthians 13:1-13) Love does not always mark a stark contrast of, ?if this, then we must do that,? for it reflects many facets for consideration as we consider the choices before us. We must remember, in our relationships we are called not to condemn, but to encourage. (cf. 1 Thessalonians 5:11, Matthew 7:1-5, 1 Peter 3:8-16)

It is easy to judge and condemn, but we are called to a much more difficult task which is to encourage one another away from the wages of sin such that they may repent and turn to the blessings of the Lord. We are not called to do this for purposes of power or superiority, rather, so we might share in the compassion and mercy which God offers to all the children of His creation. This does not mean we do not work to thwart that which yields harm, but our actions must be measured so our response does not spawn further sin. (cf. Romans 12:19)

If we do not see clearly the path of love or that to which we are called, we need not despair, for in prayer, we may ask Him to lead us. If our heart is open to the Holy Spirit, He will lead us to what is right and just. (cf. John 14:26) If our hearts are open to Him, our spirit will have eyes to see and ears to hear. If our heart is open to His ways, He will enable us to be good stewards of all which He entrusts to us.

Questions for further reflection:

What blessings do we see within the design of His creation?

What role of responsibility and stewardship do we play within His creation?

What is the nature of the love to which we are called to share with God and one another?

May the peace and blessings of the Lord be with you always,
Prayer Soldier

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guardian Angel Store Forums Forum Index -> Reflections Printable Version All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: