Guardian Angel Store - Christian gifts and books to share your values

Site Search:

Store Search:

Home > Forums > Reflections > The Battle of Deception and Trut Home | Forums | My Account |  My Wishlist  |  Cart Contents  |  Checkout  |  www.GuardianAngelStore.com is RSS enabled.  Add this link to your feed reader to get our news updates.  In the forums add the link next to the forums you want to receive updates for.
 Navigation

Main
 Home
General
 News
 News Submission
 News Topics
 Search
 Sitemap
Community
 Forums
 Web Links
Members
 Account
Information
 About Us
 Contact
 FAQ
 Legal Documents
 Link To Us

Shopping

About Face Messengers
Angels
Annalee Mobilitee Dolls
Automotive
Bible Center
Bible/Book Reading Aids
Books
CHRISTMAS
Clothing
Crosses
Family
Figurines
Friends
Garden Decor
Gift Extras
Gifts for the Home
Health Care
Jewelry
Joseph's Studios Collection
Knights of Columbus Gifts
Media - CDs/DVDs/Software
Names to Remember
Patriotism
Pocket Tokens
Posters
Precious Moments Collection
Sacramentals
Sacraments
Saint Joseph Home Seller
Saints
Sentiment Gifts
Sports
Teacher Aides
Toys/Games
Weddings/Marriage
Willow Tree Collection

New Products

Shop by Price
Under $10
From $10 - $30
From $30 - $50
From $50 - $100
Above $100
All Price Ranges

Guardian Angel Store: Forums

The Guardian Angel Store Forums :: View topic - The Battle of Deception and Truth
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Battle of Deception and Truth

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guardian Angel Store Forums Forum Index -> Reflections Printable Version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Prayer-Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:14 pm    Post subject: The Battle of Deception and Truth Reply with quote

The Battle of Deception and Truth

Scripture:

And the Lord God called Adam, and said to him: Where are you? And he said: I heard your voice in paradise; and I was afraid, because I was naked, and I hid myself.

And he said to him: And who has told you that you were naked, but that you have eaten of the tree whereof I commanded you that you should not eat? And Adam said: The woman, whom you gave me to be my companion, gave me of the tree, and I did eat. And the Lord God said to the woman: Why have you done this? And she answered: The serpent deceived me, and I did eat. And the Lord God said to the serpent: Because you have done this thing, you are cursed among all cattle, and beasts of the earth: upon your breast shall you go, and earth shall you eat all the days of your life. I will put enmities between you and the woman, and your seed and her seed: she shall crush your head, and you shall lie in wait for her heel.
(Genesis 3:9-15)

But having the same spirit of faith, as it is written: I believed, for which cause I have spoken; we also believe, for which cause we speak also: Knowing that he who raised up Jesus, will raise us up also with Jesus, and place us with you. For all things are for your sakes; that the grace abounding through many, may abound in thanksgiving unto the glory of God.

For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man is corrupted, yet the inward man is renewed day by day. For that which is at present momentary and light of our tribulation, works for us above measure exceedingly an eternal weight of glory. While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen. For the things which are seen, are temporal; but the things which are not seen, are eternal.

For we know, if our earthly house of this habitation be dissolved, that we have a building of God, a house not made with hands, eternal in heaven.
(2 Corinthians 14:13-5:1)

And they come to a house, and the multitude comes together again, so that they could not so much as eat bread.

And when his friends had heard of it, they went out to lay hold on him. For they said: He is become mad. And the scribes who were come down from Jerusalem, said: He has Beelzebub, and by the prince of devils he castes out devils. And after he had called them together, he said to them in parables: How can Satan cast out Satan? And if a kingdom be divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand. And if a house be divided against itself, that house cannot stand.

And if Satan be risen up against himself, he is divided, and cannot stand, but has an end. No man can enter into the house of a strong man and rob him of his goods, unless he first bind the strong man, and then shall he plunder his house. Amen I say to you, that all sins shall be forgiven unto the sons of men, and the blasphemies wherewith they shall blaspheme: But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Spirit, shall never have forgiveness, but shall be guilty of an everlasting sin. Because they said: He has an unclean spirit.

And his mother and his brethren came; and standing without, sent unto him, calling him. And the multitude sat about him; and they say to him: Behold your mother and your brethren without seek for you. And answering them, he said: Who is my mother and my brethren? And looking round about on them who sat about him, he said: Behold my mother and my brethren. For whosoever shall do the will of God, he is my brother, and my sister, and mother.
(Mark 3:20-35)

Reflection:

We all have a general understanding of what is right and just, but, too often, we look for cues from others rather than what God has placed within our hearts. We may receive good advice from those who have experience beyond ours, but not all who advise us do so with good intent. They offer justifications designed to manipulate our choices to their desires. We often fail to see the harm of what may come until it is too late and the damage is done. We may point the finger of blame, pointing to the one who deceives, but a responsibility remains within us, one which we cannot deny; the responsibility to listen first to the Lord.

Our Creator, the One who is all good, knows what trials we face. He knows the deceptions laid before us, but He also knows when we ignore Him and open ourselves to deceit. Even though the evil one endeavors to manipulate our choices, the responsibility for our failings remain with us when we do not allow God to be our guide.

And so the battle within the world rages, the battle of our desire to walk with God and the distractions which are set before us. There should be no contest, for what God offers is all which is good and filled with blessings, yet, we are so easily tempted to give up what is priceless for that which is empty and cannot hold value.

We are often tempted to claim ignorance, for if we are a blank slate when we are formed, how are we to know? If we examine our heart, though, we should find what God has placed there. Even if we are unsure of what we discern, God has not left us to our own devices. He has sent His angels, His prophets, and even His only begotten Son. Perhaps we have no confidence in our strength to withstand the corruption which seeps into our hearts through the ways of the world, but if we turn to the One sent for our salvation, we need not fear, we need only to follow Him.

We endeavor to make sense of what surrounds us, but we must realize, the fullness of His creation is beyond our comprehension. Only through the blessing of His guiding hand may we turn from the iniquities of the world. Only by inviting the Holy Spirit to lead us will we find the path of truth and light. Let us, then, turn to Him who desires to bring us out of the darkness. Let us allow Him to cleanse us and renew us. Let us allow Him to turn us away from the slavery of selfishness so we may receive the blessings which may be found only through His Word.

The nature of deception is that it twists logic and truth for an objective to which we would not otherwise turn if our desire is right and just. We do the best for our decisions with the information we know, but deception embellishes or hides so we do not see the harm of what is before us. Indeed, we are often misled to believe that a certain path shall yield something desirable, but we fail to observe or consider the consequences. Our selfishness causes us to shutdown what God has given us to consider what is right and just and through which we may discern what our Lord asks of us.

We are no match for the wiles of the evil one, therefore, we should not seek to engage his game. Instead, we should seek to turn to the One who sees through all the evil schemes and all the deceptions. We should examine all God teaches and ask Him to help us see what end will come of what we choose to do and what we choose not to do. The more we allow Him to help us see, the more we shall prepare ourselves for the day where we may walk with Him in His kingdom. Let us, then, spend time with Him in prayer and listen so His Word will guide our hearts.

Questions for further reflection:

In what ways do our choices cause us to hide from God?

In what ways might we seek to reconcile to Him so He may heal us?

In what ways may we turn from the divisions of the world and seek the unity of heaven?

May the peace and blessings of the Lord be with you always,
Prayer Soldier

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guardian Angel Store Forums Forum Index -> Reflections Printable Version All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: