Guardian Angel Store - Christian gifts and books to share your values

Site Search:

Store Search:

Home > Forums > Reflections > Seeking Through Prayer Home | Forums | My Account |  My Wishlist  |  Cart Contents  |  Checkout  |  www.GuardianAngelStore.com is RSS enabled.  Add this link to your feed reader to get our news updates.  In the forums add the link next to the forums you want to receive updates for.
 Navigation

Main
 Home
General
 News
 News Submission
 News Topics
 Search
 Sitemap
Community
 Forums
 Web Links
Members
 Account
Information
 About Us
 Contact
 FAQ
 Legal Documents
 Link To Us

Shopping

About Face Messengers
Angels
Annalee Mobilitee Dolls
Automotive
Bible Center
Bible/Book Reading Aids
Books
CHRISTMAS
Clothing
Crosses
Family
Figurines
Friends
Garden Decor
Gift Extras
Gifts for the Home
Health Care
Jewelry
Joseph's Studios Collection
Knights of Columbus Gifts
Media - CDs/DVDs/Software
Names to Remember
Patriotism
Pocket Tokens
Posters
Precious Moments Collection
Sacramentals
Sacraments
Saint Joseph Home Seller
Saints
Sentiment Gifts
Sports
Teacher Aides
Toys/Games
Weddings/Marriage
Willow Tree Collection

New Products

Shop by Price
Under $10
From $10 - $30
From $30 - $50
From $50 - $100
Above $100
All Price Ranges

Guardian Angel Store: Forums

The Guardian Angel Store Forums :: View topic - Seeking Through Prayer
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Seeking Through Prayer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guardian Angel Store Forums Forum Index -> Reflections Printable Version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Prayer-Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:00 pm    Post subject: Seeking Through Prayer Reply with quote

Seeking Through Prayer

Scripture:

And Amalec came, and fought against Israel in Raphidim. And Moses said to Josue: Choose out men; and go out and fight against Amalec: tomorrow I will stand on the top of the hill, having the rod (staff) of God in my hand. Josue did as Moses had spoken, and he fought against Amalec; but Moses, and Aaron, and Hur, went up upon the top of the hill. And when Moses lifted up his hands, Israel overcame; but if he let them down a little, Amalec overcame. And the hands of Moses were heavy: so they took a stone, and put under him, and he sat on it: and Aaron and Hur stayed up his hands on both sides. And it came to pass, that his hands were not weary until sunset. And Josue put Amalec and his people to flight, by the edge of the sword.
(Exodus 17:8-13)

But continue in those things which you have learned and which have been committed to you. Knowing of whom you have learned them: And because from your infancy you have known the holy scriptures which can instruct you to salvation by the faith which is in Christ Jesus. All scripture, inspired of God, is profitable to teach, to reprove, to correct, to instruct in justice: That the man of God may be perfect, furnished to every good work.

I charge you, before God and Jesus Christ, who shall judge the living and the dead, by his coming and his kingdom: Preach the word: be instant in season, out of season: reprove, entreat, rebuke in all patience and doctrine.

(2 Timothy 3:14-17, 4:1-2)

And he spoke also a parable to them, that we ought always to pray and not to fall weary, saying: There was a judge in a certain city, who feared not God nor regarded man. And there was a certain widow in that city; and she came to him, saying: Avenge me of my adversary. And he would not for a long time. But afterwards he said within himself: Although I fear not God nor regard man, yet because this widow is troublesome to me, I will avenge her, lest continually coming she weary me. And the Lord said: Hear what the unjust judge said. And will not God revenge his elect who cry to him day and night? And will he have patience in their regard? I say to you that he will quickly revenge them. But yet the Son of man, when he comes, shall he find, think you, faith on earth?
( Luke 18:1-8 )

Reflection:

There is no one person who is capable of knowing all things or doing all things. It is for this reason we are called to approach one another with humility, civility, dignity, respect, and most importantly with love and charity of heart so that we might help one another accomplish what is good, right, and just. By working together, we have the opportunity to accomplish what we are unable to do individually. Most importantly, we also have the opportunity to share with one another the blessings of friendship and love.

As we grow as a people, we have the opportunity to lift all lives, but we often fail because we endeavor with selfish hearts and do not seek the help of the One who offers all goodness. With all of the knowledge and wisdom gathered and shared by the children of God's creation, we are still less than infants in our attempts to understand the Parent of all creation. He is there to guide us through the trials and tribulations of the world, but the question is, how are we to learn from Him if we do not spend time with Him and listen for His wisdom?

As we lead our lives, we have the choice of living as unruly and selfish children, seeking to assert our independence; or we can seek a relationship with our Creator and ask Him to guide us to the purpose and good endeavors for which He created us. Prayer, is the means by which we may speak with Him and by which we may also listen for Him within our hearts.

When we are told, ?If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask for whatever you want and it will be done for you,? (John 15:7) we are tempted to lift up selfish and frivolous petitions, or we might ask for what has consequences through which we have not thought or considered. Still, we should not be afraid to lift up our concerns, but in so doing, we must trust in His will.

As children of His creation, it is natural for us to ask for His assistance, but we must also keep our expectations in perspective as the Lord reminded the prophet Jonah. (cf. Jonah 4:1-11) We have our expectations, but we must trust that the answer of God is what is best for our opportunity to walk forever with Him within His kingdom, where love is shared by all. Whatever we may gain in this world has no equal to that.

When an answer comes which is not according to our expectations, we are also tempted to believe He does not hear us. When we perceive silence or delay from our Lord, we should not jump to the conclusion that our prayer is not heard, but we should trust that His plan is greater than ours and He desires something greater for us than for what we ask for ourselves or another. We might also consider that as we lift up our hearts to Him, He observes us as well as our commitment to resolve the challenge over which we seek His all powerful hand. If we do not listen for Him, then, how are we to discern and comprehend His answer or what He asks of us so we may participate in the resolution which we seek?

Just as a child must learn to communicate with a parent, we must learn how we might communicate with God. Our first efforts may feel awkward. At first, we may not even perceive the blessings He brings or the many wonderful ways He works within our lives, but the more we spend time with Him in prayer, He will help us see and we will begin to recognize His ?light, silent sound,? (cf. 1 Kings 9:12) within our hearts. As we converse with Him each day, we will begin to see the ways He leads us and the paths to which He calls us.

Questions for further reflection:

In what ways do we work with others to help accomplish the will of the Lord?

In what ways do we open our heart to listen for the ?light, silent sound? of the Lord?

What is the priority to which we place prayer within our lives?

May the peace and blessings of the Lord be with you always,
Prayer Soldier

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guardian Angel Store Forums Forum Index -> Reflections Printable Version All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: