Guardian Angel Store - Christian gifts and books to share your values

Site Search:

Store Search:

Home > Forums > Reflections > Wisdom and Stewardship of His Gi Home | Forums | My Account |  My Wishlist  |  Cart Contents  |  Checkout  |  www.GuardianAngelStore.com is RSS enabled.  Add this link to your feed reader to get our news updates.  In the forums add the link next to the forums you want to receive updates for.
 Navigation

Main
 Home
General
 News
 News Submission
 News Topics
 Search
 Sitemap
Community
 Forums
 Web Links
Members
 Account
Information
 About Us
 Contact
 FAQ
 Legal Documents
 Link To Us

Shopping

About Face Messengers
Angels
Annalee Mobilitee Dolls
Automotive
Bible Center
Bible/Book Reading Aids
Books
CHRISTMAS
Clothing
Crosses
Family
Figurines
Friends
Garden Decor
Gift Extras
Gifts for the Home
Health Care
Jewelry
Joseph's Studios Collection
Knights of Columbus Gifts
Media - CDs/DVDs/Software
Names to Remember
Patriotism
Pocket Tokens
Posters
Precious Moments Collection
Sacramentals
Sacraments
Saint Joseph Home Seller
Saints
Sentiment Gifts
Sports
Teacher Aides
Toys/Games
Weddings/Marriage
Willow Tree Collection

New Products

Shop by Price
Under $10
From $10 - $30
From $30 - $50
From $50 - $100
Above $100
All Price Ranges

Guardian Angel Store: Forums

The Guardian Angel Store Forums :: View topic - Wisdom and Stewardship of His Gifts
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wisdom and Stewardship of His Gifts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guardian Angel Store Forums Forum Index -> Reflections Printable Version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Prayer-Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:33 am    Post subject: Wisdom and Stewardship of His Gifts Reply with quote

Wisdom and Stewardship of His Gifts

Scripture:

Wherefore I wished, and understanding was given me: and I called upon God, and the spirit of wisdom came upon me: And I preferred her before kingdoms and thrones, and esteemed riches nothing in comparison of her. Neither did I compare unto her any precious stone: for all gold in comparison of her, is as a little sand, and silver in respect to her shall be counted as clay. I loved her above health and beauty, and chose to have her instead of light: for her light cannot be put out. Now all good things came to me together with her, and innumerable riches through her hands (Wisdom 7:7-11)

For the word of God is living and effectual and more piercing than any two edged sword; and reaching unto the division of the soul and the spirit, of the joints also and the marrow: and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. Neither is there any creature invisible in his sight: but all things are naked and open to his eyes, to whom our speech is. (Hebrews 4:12-13)

And when he was gone forth into the way, a certain man, running up and kneeling before him, asked him: Good Master, what shall I do that I may receive life everlasting? And Jesus said to him: Why do you call me good? None is good but one, that is God. You know the commandments: Do not commit adultery, do not kill, do not steal, bear not false witness, do no fraud, honor your father and mother. But he answering, said to him: Master, all these things I have observed from my youth. And Jesus, looking on him, loved him and said to him: One thing is wanting unto you. Go, sell whatsoever you have and give to the poor: and you shall have treasure in heaven. And come, follow me. Who being struck sad at that saying, went away sorrowful: for he had great possessions.

And Jesus looking round about, said to his disciples: How hardly shall they that have riches enter into the kingdom of God! And the disciples were astonished at his words. But Jesus again answering, said to them: Children, how hard is it for them that trust in riches to enter into the kingdom of God? It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God. Who wondered the more, saying among themselves: Who then can be saved? And Jesus looking on them, said with men it is impossible; but not with God. For all things are possible with God.
(Mark 10:17-30)

Reflection:

Wisdom is more precious than all the possessions of the world, for without wisdom, all which one may have will be lost through foolish pursuits. Wisdom is not found in the ways of the world, for through the pursuits of the world, love and life are lost. Wisdom is only found as a gift by God and is the blessing of His Word.

If we have wisdom, we have the means to see through the deceptions of evil. If we have wisdom we have the means to avoid the temptations which may lead to our destruction. If we have wisdom, we understand the blessings of caring for others. If we have wisdom, we understand the value of love. If we have wisdom, we understand the blessings of our Lord. Through wisdom, we do not fall to the ways of the world, but walk the path to His kingdom.

Through wisdom we are able to see through false prophets and the lies which they lay out to mislead us. Through wisdom, we listen not only to words, but look for the actions and what they yield. Through wisdom, we are able to see to find the ways of the Lord. As we seek His Word, wisdom is its yield, for through His Word the blessings of wisdom are found. If we ask in prayer and invite the Holy Spirit into our hearts, the gift of wisdom will be granted.

The Son of God was sent to the world to share the wisdom of His Word. Many flocked to Him to learn, yet, many spurned what He sought to teach. Those who believed, followed in His path into the light, but those who pursued their own ways wandered into the darkness. He warned that we should not become weighted with things of the world, but that we should free ourselves of all which distracts us from doing the will of God, for if we are consumed with things, we do not have time for Him. He taught that through love of God and love of one another that the ways of heaven could be brought to the world and in the time of our generation; but the ways of the world continue to seduce the children of His creation.

We do not survive in the world unless we care for ourselves, but we will not fulfill His will if we seek only for ourselves. If we are blessed, we must also consider those who are less fortunate, for as we care for one another, we fulfill His commandment to love one another. All the commandments and all the law, which are just, are founded upon faith in Him, love of Him and love of one another.

It is for this reason Jesus told the wealthy man to give what he had to the poor, for what consumed the man and distracted him from fulfilling his faith were worries of the precious things which surrounded him. It is not that He seeks for all the children of His creation to be poor, but that they do not create a trap for their soul through concerns only of wealth.

God granted favor to Abraham and to the descendants of Abraham. God granted favor to David and the descendants of David. To many kings and many generations, He has granted favor, not to fulfill their selfish desires, but that they would be responsible stewards of what He has granted. The wise will use their gifts for His will, but the foolish will only find the way to darkness if they only seek the light of gold, silver and precious stones. The shine of money and all that glitters will fade, for the trappings of material wealth are only of this world and will crumble with it.

The true wealth, the wealth which will transcend from this world to the next is the wealth of love. The love we offer to Him and to one another will yield rewards material wealth can never match, for through the wealth of love, we fulfill the greatest of commandments and through our love and belief in Him will we receive love everlasting.

May the peace and blessings of the Lord be with you always,
Prayer Soldier

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guardian Angel Store Forums Forum Index -> Reflections Printable Version All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: