Guardian Angel Store - Christian gifts and books to share your values

Site Search:

Store Search:

Home > Forums > Reflections > To Know Him and Follow Him Home | Forums | My Account |  My Wishlist  |  Cart Contents  |  Checkout  |  www.GuardianAngelStore.com is RSS enabled.  Add this link to your feed reader to get our news updates.  In the forums add the link next to the forums you want to receive updates for.
 Navigation

Main
 Home
General
 News
 News Submission
 News Topics
 Search
 Sitemap
Community
 Forums
 Web Links
Members
 Account
Information
 About Us
 Contact
 FAQ
 Legal Documents
 Link To Us

Shopping

About Face Messengers
Angels
Annalee Mobilitee Dolls
Automotive
Bible Center
Bible/Book Reading Aids
Books
CHRISTMAS
Church Supplies
Clothing
Crosses
Easter
Family
Figurines
Friends
Garden Decor
Gift Extras
Gifts for the Home
Health Care
Jewelry
Joseph's Studios Collection
Knights of Columbus Gifts
Media - CDs/DVDs/Software
Names to Remember
Patriotism
Pocket Tokens
Posters
Precious Moments Collection
Sacramentals
Sacraments
Saint Joseph Home Seller
Saints
Sentiment Gifts
Sports
Teacher Aides
Toys/Games
Weddings/Marriage
Willow Tree Collection

New Products

Shop by Price
Under $10
From $10 - $30
From $30 - $50
From $50 - $100
Above $100
All Price Ranges

Guardian Angel Store: Forums

The Guardian Angel Store Forums :: View topic - To Know Him and Follow Him
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

To Know Him and Follow Him

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guardian Angel Store Forums Forum Index -> Reflections Printable Version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Prayer-Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:55 pm    Post subject: To Know Him and Follow Him Reply with quote

To Know Him and Follow Him

Scripture:

For who among men is he that can know the counsel of God, or who can think what the will of God is? For the thoughts of mortal men are fearful, and our counsels uncertain. For the corruptible body is a load upon the soul, and the earthly habitation presses down the mind that muses upon many things. And hardly do we guess aright at things that are upon earth: and with labor do we find the things that are before us. But the things that are in heaven, who shall search out? And who shall know your thought, except you give wisdom, and send your Holy Spirit from above: And so the ways of them that are upon earth may be corrected, and men may learn the things that please you? ( Wisdom 9:13-18 )

For charity sake I rather beseech, whereas you are such a one, as Paul, an old man and now a prisoner also of Jesus Christ. I beseech you for my son, whom I have begotten in my bands, Onesimus, whom I have sent back to you. And do you receive him as my own depths. Whom I would have retained with me, that in your stead he might have ministered to me in the bands of the gospel. But without your counsel I would do nothing: that your good deed might not be as it were of necessity, but voluntary. For perhaps he therefore departed for a season from you that you might receive him again for ever: Not now as a servant, but instead of a servant, a most dear brother, especially to me. But how much more to you, both in the flesh and in the Lord? If therefore you count me a partner, receive him as myself. (Philemon 9-10, 12-17)

And there went great multitudes with him. And turning, he said to them: If any man come to me, and hate not his father and mother and wife and children and brethren and sisters, yea and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple. And whosoever doth not carry his cross and come after me cannot be my disciple. For which of you, having a mind to build a tower, does not first sit down and reckon the charges that are necessary, whether he have wherewithal to finish it: Lest, after he has laid the foundation and is not able to finish it, all that see it begin to mock him, saying: This man began to build and was not able to finish. Or, what king, about to go to make war against another king, does not first sit down and think whether he be able, with ten thousand, to meet him that, with twenty thousand, comes against him? Or else, while the other is yet afar off, sending an embassy, he desires conditions of peace. So likewise every one of you that does not renounce all that he possesses cannot be my disciple. (Luke 14:25-33)

Reflection:

What we can observe of the world comes from the senses which allow us to smell, taste, touch, hear or see; but there is so much which is beyond what our senses reveal and our ability to comprehend. We probe and test His creation, but so often the generations have been wrong about what they believe they understand. We see many things, but what we see with our eyes or touch with our hands is not always what our senses tells us to be so. We may be deceived through illusion or we may be deceived through our interpretation of what we believe we observe; so the challenge remains before us, to understand what is the truth of our creation.

The matters of the world may have interest to us for that is where our senses are focused, but it is not of this time we should be concerned as our time in this presence is but short. Our concern should be for where we spend the remainder of eternity. We might ask, for what reason did He create us and for what purpose do we walk this earth, but the answers do not come to our senses. With our intellect, we might guess at all the mechanics of our creation, but because of what we have not witnessed and what we have not seen, we remain with our interpretations of what we believe our senses tell us.

It is for this reason some seek to rely upon their interpretations as their sole understanding of the universe which surrounds them and the knowledge which was passed to them who believe they know the truth, but they fail to understand all which there is to comprehend. Only He can reveal all the truths of the mysteries of His creation; therefore, we cannot hope to understand the creation unless we seek to know our Creator.

What we do not comprehend from our senses, we may still find with our heart. He sends the Holy Spirit to guide us and if we invite Him into our heart, we will come to know Him. Through prayer, we may reach out to Him and learn the wisdom which we cannot receive through the world.

It is the way of people, to divide themselves by degrees of their existence, but the truth remains we are all the fruits of His creation. Through our divisions, the fuel of evil is found, but through love, we can be united as He desires for all who He invites to His kingdom. And so it is, He seeks for us to set aside our divisions so we may find our unity through love of Him and one another.

How odd we might think His words, when He tells us we must hate what He commanded us to love. Too often, we seek to find meaning in words rather than understand what we are being told. What is love and hate other than the opposite of degrees? If we are to seek Him, then, we must leave behind what diverts us from Him. We must understand the comparison of what we must set aside for what we may receive for eternity. We are still commanded to love one another, but those who seek to be His disciple must set no one, no part of their life, before Him.

If we find comfort with this world, what will guide us to the blessings of the next? If we see there is something more, then, we must be prepared to leave behind what comfort we have and those we love to prepare for the blessings to come. The worries of the world divert us from the ultimate future for which we must prepare. Through prayer, we may be guided. Through prayer, our worries may be put to rest. Through prayer, we may find peace for this world and prepare for the ultimate peace and love within His eternal kingdom.

May the peace and blessings of the Lord be with you always,
Prayer Soldier

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guardian Angel Store Forums Forum Index -> Reflections Printable Version All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: