We've all been taught some basic guidelines for living a good life: "Tell the truth.""Share.""Be on time." In much the same way, Christianity has its own set of guidelines. These lists of core truths that Christians believe and live by are known as creeds.
In Do You Believe?, you'll learn the history of the creeds, the reasons behind them, and the way the predominant ones developed.
You'll also find out answers to such questions as
Includes the full texts of the Apostles Creed, the Nicene Creed, and the Athanasian Creed.
Author: Stephen K. Ray & Dennis Walters
- What is a creed, and why do we have one?
- Where did creeds come from?
- What "shape" do creeds have?
- What do the creeds say about the Father, the Son, the Holy Spirit, The Church, and judgment?
- What are 3 reasons that the creeds are useful to Christians?
- Are the creeds biblical?
- What 2 main purposes does the Nicene Creed serve?
- What heresies do the creeds confront and answer?
- What are the considerations that went into the development of the various creeds?
- Why do we use "Father" and "He" when speaking about God?
Binding: Soft Cover