Guardian Angel Store - Christian gifts and books to share your values

Site Search:

Store Search:

Home > Forums > Reflections > The Light Sent for Our Salvation Home | Forums | My Account |  My Wishlist  |  Cart Contents  |  Checkout  |  www.GuardianAngelStore.com is RSS enabled.  Add this link to your feed reader to get our news updates.  In the forums add the link next to the forums you want to receive updates for.
 Navigation

Main
 Home
General
 News
 News Submission
 News Topics
 Search
 Sitemap
Community
 Forums
 Web Links
Members
 Account
Information
 About Us
 Contact
 FAQ
 Legal Documents
 Link To Us

Shopping

Aids--Classroom, Bible, Office
Angels
Automotive
Bereavement & Memorial
Bible Center
Books
Books, Used
Candles & Necessities
Church Supplies
Clothing
Collectibles/Figurines
Crosses/Crucifixes
Devotions
Encouragement/Inspirational Gift
Garden Decor
Gifts for Family & Friends
Home Treasures
Jewelry
Knights of Columbus Gifts
Love, Weddings & Marriage
Media - CDs/DVDs/Software
Message Cards
Names to Remember
Patriotism
Pocket Coins & Tokens
Sacramentals
Sacraments
Saints
Special Seasons
Sports
Toys/Games

New Products

Shop by Price
Under $10
From $10 - $30
From $30 - $50
From $50 - $100
Above $100
All Price Ranges

Guardian Angel Store: Forums

The Guardian Angel Store Forums :: View topic - The Light Sent for Our Salvation
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Light Sent for Our Salvation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guardian Angel Store Forums Forum Index -> Reflections Printable Version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Prayer-Soldier

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:41 pm    Post subject: The Light Sent for Our Salvation Reply with quote

The Light Sent for Our Salvation

Scripture:

At the first time the land of Zabulon, and the land of Nephtali was lightly touched: and at the last the way of the sea beyond the Jordan of the Galilee of the Gentiles was heavily loaded. The people that walked in darkness, have seen a great light: to them that dwelt in the region of the shadow of death, light is risen. You have multiplied the nation, and have not increased the joy. They shall rejoice before you, as they that rejoice in the harvest, as conquerors rejoice after taking a prey, when they divide the spoils. For the yoke of their burden, and the rod of their shoulder, and the scepter of their oppressor you have overcome, as in the day of Madian. (Isaiah 8:23-9:4)

Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you all speak the same thing and that there be no schisms among you: but that you be perfect in the same mind and in the same judgment. For it has been signified unto me, my brethren, of you, by them that are of the house of Chloe, that there are contentions among you. Now this I say, that every one of you said: I indeed am of Paul; and I am of Apollo; and I of Cephas; and I of Christ. Is Christ divided? Was Paul then crucified for you? Or were you baptized in the name of Paul?

For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not in wisdom of speech, lest the cross of Christ should be made void.
(1 Corinthians 1:10-13, 17)

And when Jesus had heard that John was delivered up, he retired into Galilee: And leaving the city Nazareth, he came and dwelt in Capharnaum on the sea coast, in the borders of Zabulon and of Nephthalim; That it might be fulfilled which was said by Isaias the prophet: Land of Zabulon and land of Nephthalim, the way of the sea beyond the Jordan, Galilee of the Gentiles: The people that sat in darkness, have seen great light: and to them that sat in the region of the shadow of death, light is sprung up.

From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say: Do penance, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand. And Jesus walking by the sea of Galilee, saw two brethren, Simon who is called Peter, and Andrew his brother, casting a net into the sea (for they were fishers). And he said to them: Come after me, and I will make you to be fishers of men. And they immediately leaving their nets, followed him. And going on from thence, he saw other two brethren, James the son of Zebedee, and John his brother, in a ship with Zebedee their father, mending their nets: and he called them. And they forthwith left their nets and father, and followed him. And Jesus went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom: and healing all manner of sickness and every infirmity, among the people.
(Matthew 4:12-23)

Reflection:

In the space of this world, evil roams with its temptations and deceptions. In darkness, hearts are unable to see what only His light reveals. Blessed are those who find the eternal light, for within it, the darkness is extinguished and the eternal truth of God shines for the blessings of all who come to Him. As they turn to Him, the burden of evil and sin shall be lifted from them. They shall see the blessings of love they may share with Him and one another. (Mathew 22:36-40)

We must not allow the dark one to deceive us, blind us, or tempt us away from the blessings of God. We must not allow the evil one to sow divisions among us such that we mire our lives in seemingly never ending conflicts. We must be wary such that we are not tempted away from the love to which we are called. We must turn away from the temptation to judge (Matthew 7:1-5) so that instead, we may reach out to one another with the virtues of civility, compassion, and charity. (1 Thessalonians 4:9)

The objective of the dark one is to blind our hearts to the meaning of the Word of God such that we do not comprehend the truth which it contains and that we do not live by the fullness of faith which it offers. If we do not seek to comprehend the truth of His Word, if we do not seek the light of the One who brings the truth to the world, if we do not pray and study the meaning of our faith; we leave ourselves vulnerable to the one who seeks the ruin of our souls. Let us, then, pray for the Holy Spirit to remind us of all which Jesus taught. Let us, then, pray that we may find the truth of His Word so we may live by its blessings. (John 14:26, 1 John 5:6)

As Jesus began His ministry, He gathered close to Him those He would teach so they in turn could help spread the good news of His Word. Blessed are we that they walked with Him and learned His ways. Blessed are we for those He sent forth to spread the gospel to the generations. (Matthew 28:19) Blessed are we for those who receive the wisdom of His Word and the blessings of His love such that as they share of it, our hearts may be opened to His ways and the blessings of His grace and mercy. Blessed are we that our Father in Heaven loves us so much that He sent unto us His only begotten Son to be the light unto the world, to teach us the truth of His Word, and guide us in the blessings we may share if we keep His commandments. (1 John 3:21-23)

As we share in love, we prepare ourselves for the kingdom of love. As we turn and open our hearts to the Holy Spirit, we prepare ourselves for the day we may be forgiven our sins and washed of our iniquities. As we join our hands in love of Him and one another, we spread His light and help to rescue from the darkness those who suffer from the oppression of the ways of the world and the ravages of evil. Let us, then, turn to His light and allow it to extinguish all darkness within hearts.

Questions for further reflection:

What does the light of God reveal to us?

In what ways do we allow divisions among us?

In what ways may we heal our divisions and encourage the blessings of love?

May the peace and blessings of the Lord be with you always,
Prayer Soldier

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guardian Angel Store Forums Forum Index -> Reflections Printable Version All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: