Guardian Angel Store - Christian gifts and books to share your values

Site Search:

Store Search:

Home > Forums > Reflections > The One Who Gives Us Reason for Home | Forums | My Account |  My Wishlist  |  Cart Contents  |  Checkout  |  www.GuardianAngelStore.com is RSS enabled.  Add this link to your feed reader to get our news updates.  In the forums add the link next to the forums you want to receive updates for.
 Navigation

Main
 Home
General
 News
 News Submission
 News Topics
 Search
 Sitemap
Community
 Forums
 Web Links
Members
 Account
Information
 About Us
 Contact
 FAQ
 Legal Documents
 Link To Us

Shopping

Aids--Classroom, Bible, Office
Angels
Automotive
Bereavement & Memorial
Bible Center
Books
Books, Used
Candles & Necessities
Church Supplies
Clothing
Collectibles/Figurines
Crosses/Crucifixes
Devotions
Encouragement/Inspirational Gift
Garden Decor
Gifts for Family & Friends
Home Treasures
Jewelry
Knights of Columbus Gifts
Love, Weddings & Marriage
Media - CDs/DVDs/Software
Message Cards
Names to Remember
Patriotism
Pocket Coins & Tokens
Sacramentals
Sacraments
Saints
Special Seasons
Sports
Toys/Games

New Products

Shop by Price
Under $10
From $10 - $30
From $30 - $50
From $50 - $100
Above $100
All Price Ranges

Guardian Angel Store: Forums

The Guardian Angel Store Forums :: View topic - The One Who Gives Us Reason for Hope
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The One Who Gives Us Reason for Hope

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guardian Angel Store Forums Forum Index -> Reflections Printable Version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Prayer-Soldier

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 3:47 pm    Post subject: The One Who Gives Us Reason for Hope Reply with quote

The One Who Gives Us Reason for Hope

Scripture:

And Philip, going down to the city of Samaria, preached Christ unto them. And the people with one accord were attentive to those things which were said by Philip, hearing, and seeing the miracles which he did. For many of them who had unclean spirits, crying with a loud voice, went out. And many, taken with the palsy, and that were lame, were healed.

Now, when the apostles, who were in Jerusalem, had heard that Samaria had received the word of God, they sent unto them Peter and John. Who, when they were come, prayed for them that they might receive the Holy Spirit. For he was not as yet come upon any of them: but they were only baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus. Then they laid their hands upon them: and they received the Holy Spirit.
(Acts 8:5-8, 14-17)

But sanctify the Lord Christ in your hearts, being ready always to satisfy every one that asks you a reason of that hope which is in you. But with modesty and fear, having a good conscience: that whereas they speak evil of you, they may be ashamed who falsely accuse your good conversation in Christ. For it is better doing well (if such be the will of God) to suffer than doing ill. Because Christ also died once for our sins, the just for the unjust: that he might offer us to God, being put to death indeed in the flesh, but enlivened in the spirit. ( 1 Peter 3:15-18 )

If you love me, keep my commandments. And I will ask the Father: and he shall give you another Paraclete, that he may abide with you for ever: The spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it sees him not, nor knows him. But you shall know him; because he shall abide with you and shall be in you. I will not leave you orphans: I will come to you. Yet a little while and the world sees me no more. But you see me: because I live, and you shall live. In that day you shall know that I am in my Father: and you in me, and I in you. He that has my commandments and keeps them; he it is that loves me. And he that loves me shall be loved of my Father: and I will love him and will manifest myself to him. (John 14:15-21)

Reflection:

What might we expect of a land which is transformed from being blind to God to one which sees the blessings He offers and the mercy by which He forgives? Will we see them lift up their hearts in thanks and praise to their Creator? Will they accept the blessings of His Word? Will they share the blessings of love with one another in fulfillment of His commandments? Will they remain vigilant for the wolf who wears the wool of sheep and prowls among them to seek the ruin of their souls? (Matthew 7:15) Will they take action to protect the innocent and defenseless? Will they minister to those who are in need? (Matthew 25:31-46) Will they study the depths of the scriptures so that they might put on the armor of God (Ephesians 6:10-17) and prepare themselves so they might prevail in the battle against the evil one?

Blessed are those who receive His Word and see the blessings of His ways. The faithful rejoice as they live the fullness of faith, but they must be wary as the one of darkness lurks, distracts, and deceives to lure the people from the light. To protect us against the guile of the dark one, Jesus sent us an Advocate; the Spirit of truth. (John 14:16-17, 1 John 5-6) Let us pray the Holy Spirit will open our hearts and help us to see. Let us seek the the wisdom, courage, and strength by which we may be vigilant and protect ourselves from the one who would rob us of the blessings and fullness of faith.

The opportunity for peace across the nations is before us, but it is dependent upon those who seek the truth of the ways of God. It is through them hearts shall be opened. It is through them that those blind to civility, compassion, and charity shall see what is possible through those who choose to share the blessings of love. It is through them that forgiveness and mercy shall allow those who suffer in the cold darkness to enter the warmth of His light. It is through them by which love shall be shared so that the darkness may be extinguished by the light sent for the salvation of the world. (John 8:12)

Peace is possible within our day, but not if the people choose to follow the ideologies of the world or false religions over the ways of God. If we seek that which is right and just so that all may receive the blessings of peace and prosperity, we must seek the ways of God. If we follow a religion or ideology which is in opposition to what is revealed within His Holy Word, we place ourselves in opposition to the One who offers to us eternal salvation. (John 3:18, 1 John 2:22, 1 John 4:3, 2 John 1:7)

God calls the faithful to share the blessings of His ways, but we cannot share what we do not know or allow within our hearts. We cannot speak or act according to His will if we are ignorant of His scripture. If we are to help others, we must pray we may receive the blessings of His wisdom, we must study His Holy Word, and we must ask the Holy Spirit to guide us.

We are told we must be prepared to give reason for our hope. (1 Peter 3:14) It is found first within His commandments of love. (Matthew 22:36-40). It is also found within His mercy and the forgiveness He offers for our sins. (John 3:16-1Cool It is reinforced by the promise made by Jesus when He spoke to Peter and said, ?And so I say to you, you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church, and the gates of the netherworld shall not prevail against it.? (Matthew 16:18-19)

There are many means by which the evil one seeks to deceive and lure us away from the promises of God. He hides like a wolf wearing the wool of sheep. (Matthew 7:15-20) He whispers into our ears the reasons we should ignore the commandments of our Creator. The evil one cares not how we turn from what our Lord asks of us, only that we do, for Satan knows that as we ignore the commandments of our Lord, we turn away from our Creator.

We might ask, how are we to recognize the ways and means of false prophets which are designed to confuse us and set us against the ways of God? How are we to know how we miss the mark, whether it is through zeal or apathy, envy or pride, sloth or greed? There are many who preach, but who preaches the truth? How are we to know? It is not possible unless we allow God to guide us. In prayer, we must ask for His Holy Spirit to lead us. If we are confused as to anything we hear or see, then, we must turn to the One God sent to remind us of all which Jesus taught (John 14:26) and who testifies to the truth. (1 John 5:6) Let us pray the Holy Spirit will enter us and reside within our hearts so that we may be guided by His ways, not only for the benefit of our lives, but for the benefit of all who cross our path.

Questions for further reflection:

In what ways may we seek to receive the Holy Spirit?

In what ways may we share the reason for our hope?

In what ways may we protect ourselves from the seductions and attacks of the evil one?

May the peace and blessings of the Lord be with you always,
Prayer Soldier

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guardian Angel Store Forums Forum Index -> Reflections Printable Version All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: