Guardian Angel Store - Christian gifts and books to share your values

Site Search:

Store Search:

Home > Forums > Reflections > May His Name Be Forever On Our L Home | Forums | My Account |  My Wishlist  |  Cart Contents  |  Checkout  |  www.GuardianAngelStore.com is RSS enabled.  Add this link to your feed reader to get our news updates.  In the forums add the link next to the forums you want to receive updates for.
 Navigation

Main
 Home
General
 News
 News Submission
 News Topics
 Search
 Sitemap
Community
 Forums
 Web Links
Members
 Account
Information
 About Us
 Contact
 FAQ
 Legal Documents
 Link To Us

Shopping

Aids--Classroom, Bible, Office
Angels
Automotive
Bereavement & Memorial
Bible Center
Books
Books, Used
Candles & Necessities
Church Supplies
Clothing
Collectibles/Figurines
Crosses/Crucifixes
Devotions
Encouragement/Inspirational Gift
Garden Decor
Gifts for Family & Friends
Home Treasures
Jewelry
Knights of Columbus Gifts
Love, Weddings & Marriage
Media - CDs/DVDs/Software
Message Cards
Names to Remember
Patriotism
Pocket Coins & Tokens
Sacramentals
Sacraments
Saints
Special Seasons
Sports
Toys/Games

New Products

Shop by Price
Under $10
From $10 - $30
From $30 - $50
From $50 - $100
Above $100
All Price Ranges

Guardian Angel Store: Forums

The Guardian Angel Store Forums :: View topic - May His Name Be Forever On Our Lips
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

May His Name Be Forever On Our Lips

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guardian Angel Store Forums Forum Index -> Reflections Printable Version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Prayer-Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:27 am    Post subject: May His Name Be Forever On Our Lips Reply with quote

May His Name Be Forever On Our Lips

Scripture:

And when they had brought them, they set them before the council. And the high priest asked them, saying: Commanding, we commanded you that you should not teach in this name. And behold, you have filled Jerusalem with your doctrine: and you have a mind to bring the blood of this man upon us. But Peter and the apostles answering, said: We ought to obey God rather than men. The God of our fathers has raised up Jesus, whom you put to death, hanging him upon a tree. Him has God exalted with his right hand, to be Prince and Savior to give repentance to Israel and remission of sins. And we are witnesses of these things: and the Holy Spirit, whom God has given to all that obey him.

And calling in the apostles, after they had scourged them, they charged them that they should not speak at all in the name of Jesus. And they dismissed them. And they indeed went from the presence of the council, rejoicing that they were accounted worthy to suffer reproach for the name of Jesus. And every day they ceased not, in the temple and from house to house, to teach and preach Christ Jesus.
(Acts 5:27-32, 40-42)

And I beheld, and I heard the voice of many angels round about the throne and the living creatures and the ancients (and the number of them was thousands of thousands), saying with a loud voice: The Lamb that was slain is worthy to receive power and divinity and wisdom and strength and honor and glory and benediction. And every creature which is in heaven and on the earth and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, I heard all saying: To him that sits on the throne and to the Lamb, benediction and honor and glory and power, for ever and ever. And the four living creatures said: Amen. And the four and twenty ancients fell down on their faces and adored him that lives for ever and ever. (Revelation 5:11-14)

After this, Jesus showed himself to the disciples at the sea of Tiberias. And he showed himself after this manner. There were together: Simon Peter and Thomas, who is called Didymus, and Nathanael, who was of Cana of Galilee, and the sons of Zebedee and two others of his disciples. Simon Peter said to them: I go a fishing. They say to him: We also come with you. And they went forth and entered into the ship: and that night they caught nothing. But when the morning was come, Jesus stood on the shore: yet the disciples knew not that it was Jesus. Jesus therefore said to them: Children, have you any meat? They answered him: No. He said to them: Cast the net on the right side of the ship; and you shall find. They cast therefore: and now they were not able to draw it, for the multitude of fishes.

That disciple therefore whom Jesus loved said to Peter: It is the Lord. Simon Peter, when he heard that it was the Lord, girt his coat about him (for he was naked) and cast himself into the sea. But the other disciples came in the ship (for they were not far from the land, but as it were two hundred cubits) dragging the net with fishes. As soon then as they came to land they saw hot coals lying, and a fish laid thereon, and bread. Jesus said to them: Bring hither of the fishes which you have now caught.

Simon Peter went up and drew the net to land, full of great fishes, one hundred and fifty-three. And although there were so many, the net was not broken. Jesus said to them: Come and dine. And none of them who were at meat, dared ask him: Who are you? Knowing that it was the Lord. And Jesus comes and takes bread and gives them: and fish in like manner.

This is now the third time that Jesus was manifested to his disciples, after he was risen from the dead. When therefore they had dined, Jesus said to Simon Peter: Simon, son of John, do you love me more than these? He said to him: Yea, Lord, you know that I love you. He said to him: Feed my lambs. He said to him again: Simon, son of John, do you love me? He said to him: yes, Lord, you know that I love you. He said to him: Feed my lambs. He said to him the third time: Simon, son of John, do you love me? Peter was grieved because he had said to him the third time: Do you love me? And he said to him: Lord, you know all things: you know that I love you. He said to him: Feed my sheep. Amen, amen, I say to you, when you were younger, you did gird yourself and did walk where you would. But when you shall be old, you shall stretch forth your hands, and another shall gird you and lead you whither you would not. And this he said, signifying by what death he should glorify God. And when he had said this, he said to him: Follow me.
(John 21:1-19)

Reflection:

Those who know Him in their heart cannot keep from speaking of Him. Their hearts leap with joy as they are filled with His blessings. How can one remain silent of the One who sacrificed for all, the One who taught the truth of love, the One who lights the path to the heavenly kingdom? Blessed are those who exalt the Savior and Deliverer, for no matter the persecution which is received in this world, what is spoken for the blessings of others in this time shall be rewarded in the next.

As the faithful walk their daily lives, the ways of evil continue to surround and seek to silence those who would spread the good news, the good news of the Lord. Who could be threatened by the Word of the God except those who are threatened by what comes of sacrificial love? Who could be threatened by the Word of the Lord except those who are consumed by ways of selfishness? For what reason would anyone try to silence the Word unless they understand its truth and seek to separate the children of His creation from their Creator?

In prayer, the faithful should ask for the salvation of those who persecute them, for the persecutors do not know what they do or what awaits them in the darkness. In prayer, the faithful should ask for the courage and the strength to stand in the face of persecution and joyfully speak His name. In prayer, the faithful should offer thanks and praise that they are blessed with His love.

Blessed are those who refuse to remain silent, for the good news they share will provide a light to the lost sheep. Blessed are those who speak His name, for what they share shall turn tears to joy and agony to happiness. Blessed are those who receive His Word, for through their understanding, they shall live with Him in their heart. Look into the hearts of those deceived by the ways of the world and pools of sorrow and emptiness are found. Look into the hearts of those filled with the Holy Spirit and no matter the trial, the joy of the Lord is within them.

A time will come where the faithful shall hear the voices of angels proclaiming His name, giving glory to the sacrifice He made for the blessings of the generations. A time will come where the faithful shall join in the blessings of heaven and rejoice at the love which may be received only through Him. A time will come where the faithful shall join at the throne of the Lamb and raise their voices in adoration of His glory and the blessings received by those who have chosen to follow Him.

In this world, we have a time to learn, a time to understand the wages of selflessness and selfishness, the ways of good and the ways of evil. Upon those who love Him, He places a trust that they shall care for His flock, that they shall gather His sheep, that they shall nourish those who surround them with the blessings of His Word.

In a time past, He taught a few to become fishers of men. In a time past, He called to the few who would spread His Word. In a time past, though antagonists closed upon them, He blessed the faithful with the understanding of His Word and the joys which await them in His kingdom. In a time past, when some doubted, He held out His hand. In a time past, when eyes were closed, He brought the light. In a time past, the good news began to spread to the generations. As it was then, it is now, He calls to the children of His creation so that from the few, many will come to learn and many shall be saved.

In our youth, we are blessed with gifts and energy and the choice as to the purpose to which we put our talents. In our youth, we have the opportunity to do great things; but the time will come where what was given in this world shall fall away. A time will come where we may not lift a hand to the simplest task. A time will come where we shall pass from this time to either the blessings of the light or the coldness of the dark. Let us be thankful, then, that what we do in this time to fulfill the blessings of His Word shall prepare us for the light and lead us away from the dark.

May the peace and blessings of the Lord be with you always,
Prayer Soldier

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guardian Angel Store Forums Forum Index -> Reflections Printable Version All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: