Guardian Angel Store - Christian gifts and books to share your values

Site Search:

Store Search:

Home > Forums > Reflections > The Power of His Whisper Home | Forums | My Account |  My Wishlist  |  Cart Contents  |  Checkout  |  www.GuardianAngelStore.com is RSS enabled.  Add this link to your feed reader to get our news updates.  In the forums add the link next to the forums you want to receive updates for.
 Navigation

Main
 Home
General
 News
 News Submission
 News Topics
 Search
 Sitemap
Community
 Forums
 Web Links
Members
 Account
Information
 About Us
 Contact
 FAQ
 Legal Documents
 Link To Us

Shopping

Aids--Classroom, Bible, Office
Angels
Automotive
Bereavement & Memorial
Bible Center
Books
Books, Used
Candles & Necessities
Church Supplies
Clothing
Collectibles/Figurines
Crosses/Crucifixes
Devotions
Encouragement/Inspirational Gift
Garden Decor
Gifts for Family & Friends
Home Treasures
Jewelry
Knights of Columbus Gifts
Love, Weddings & Marriage
Media - CDs/DVDs/Software
Message Cards
Names to Remember
Patriotism
Pocket Coins & Tokens
Sacramentals
Sacraments
Saints
Special Seasons
Sports
Toys/Games

New Products

Shop by Price
Under $10
From $10 - $30
From $30 - $50
From $50 - $100
Above $100
All Price Ranges

Guardian Angel Store: Forums

The Guardian Angel Store Forums :: View topic - The Power of His Whisper
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Power of His Whisper

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guardian Angel Store Forums Forum Index -> Reflections Printable Version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Prayer-Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:22 am    Post subject: The Power of His Whisper Reply with quote

The Power of His Whisper

Scripture:

And when he (Elias) was come thither, he abode in a cave. and behold the word of the Lord came unto him.

And he said to him: Go forth, and stand upon the mount before the Lord: and behold the Lord pass, and a great and strong wind before the Lord, overthrowing the mountains, and breaking the rocks in pieces: but the Lord is not in the wind. And after the wind, an earthquake: but the Lord is not in the earthquake. And after the earthquake, a fire: but the Lord is not in the fire. And after the fire, a whistling of a gentle air. And when Elias heard it, he covered his face with his mantle, and coming forth, stood in the entering in of the cave.
(1 Kings 19:9a, 11-13a)

I speak the truth in Christ: I lie not, my conscience bearing me witness in the Holy Spirit: That I have great sadness and continual sorrow in my heart. For I wished myself to be an anathema from Christ, for my brethren: who are my kinsmen according to the flesh: Who are Israelites: to whom belongs the adoption as of children and the glory and the testament and the giving of the law and the service of God and the promises: Whose are the fathers and of whom is Christ, according to the flesh, who is over all things, God blessed for ever. Amen. (Romans 9:1-5)

And forthwith Jesus obliged his disciples to go up into the boat, and to go before him over the water, till he dismissed the people. And having dismissed the multitude, he went into a mountain alone to pray. And when it was evening, he was there alone. But the boat in the midst of the sea was tossed with the waves: for the wind was contrary. And in the fourth watch of the night, he came to them walking upon the sea. And they seeing him walking upon the sea, were troubled, saying: It is an apparition. And they cried out for fear. And immediately Jesus spoke to them, saying: Be of good heart: it is I, fear not. And Peter making answer, said: Lord, if it be you, bid me come to you upon the waters. And he said: Come. And Peter going down out of the boat walked upon the water to come to Jesus. But seeing the wind strong, he was afraid: and when he began to sink, he cried out, saying: Lord, save me. And immediately Jesus stretching forth his hand took hold of him, and said to him: O you of little faith, why did you doubt? And when they were come up into the boat, the wind ceased. And they that were in the boat came and adored him, saying: Indeed you are the Son of God. (Matthew 14:22-33)

Reflection:

It is the way of people to believe that power is found in great force and violence, but His ways are not our ways. Though He commands the movement of the heavens and the earth, He speaks with a much greater power; therefore, He need only whisper to us as a gentle breeze. It is the weakness of people to believe that great force yields great power. It is a false belief, for He has proven the power which can vanquish even the greatest force of evil. Blessed are we that our God is of such greatness and compassion that He invites all the children of His creation to feel the great patience, warmth, grace, mercy and glory of His love.

No matter what they profess, hearts filled with hate and want of violence are not filled with Him, nor do they comprehend His commandments to love. Those who believe that their beliefs should be imposed through intimidation or violence do not know the one true God and defile the greatest of His commandments (Matthew 22:36-40). When they proffer violence to subjugate others under the guise of giving glory to their god, they reveal who they really serve. What is the meaning of faith if it is imposed at the point of a spear?

He seeks, then, for us to participate in His creation in a different way, to help find the lost and clean the eyes of the blind, for His commandment to us is to love one another (John 13:34); therefore, He calls us to spread His Word, but through the testimony of love, not threats of violence and oppression. He calls us to life, not death (Deuteronomy 30:19) for He is the God of the living (Matthew 22:32) and is the One who offers eternal life (John 3:15); therefore, those who seek selfish gain through violence only sow their own destruction (Habakkuk 2:8-10).

Those who walk in darkness listen to false prophets and wander in a misery fashioned by the evil one. Blinded by twisted logic, formed by the absence of the comprehension of His love, they attack the innocent and prey upon the defenseless, believing they will find gain, only to find emptiness. They bring violence to the gates of His faithful. Given no choice from the onslaught of iniquity and brutality, the peacemaker is forced to take to the field from which to defend the innocent and return the land to peace (Matthew 5:9).

Where we find hearts filled with love, we will find Him in their midst. The glory of His love sustains those who are persecuted and oppressed for their belief in Him. Even when the world takes everything from the one who is filled with His Word, they know that through Him, they have what does not come from this world, they have what cannot be delivered by false prophets, they have what can only come from Him.

So many wander twisted paths as they seek meaning, purpose, and love; yet all is before them in the One who died and conquered death for them. Those who turn from Him and spurn Him will not be abandoned by Him. He will reach out to them until the last moment, to the last breath; they need only reach back to receive the flood of His love within their heart. To discourage them from their choice, the evil one will seek to accost them at every turn, but the faithful will be delivered through their decision to believe in Him and their choice to let Him guide them to His kingdom where evil can accost them no more.

Blessed are those who walked in darkness, but found His light, for they have discovered the glory of His Word. They have discovered what is possible for all the children of His creation. They will know what the heart filled with hate and violence cannot. Through prayer, they will find the ability to discern what is right and just. Through prayer, they will be guided by the Holy Spirit to the power of love and all the great blessings it gives and the great glory of our Creator it reveals.

Those who find His love must wonder, how is it any could turn from Him? Even those who stood by His side and walked with Him struggled with the depth of their faith. What they saw through Him was contrary to the ways of the world. They allowed their senses to overrule their hearts. They placed their faith in the ways of people over His ways. They believed in the forces of the world over the forces of His love. It took time for them to comprehend. Once the power of the Holy Spirit was breathed upon them, they received the One who would guide them to understanding (John 14:23-27).

If we cry out to Him, He will not deny us. It is doubt which separates us from Him. It is doubt which closes the door of the heart to Him. It is doubt which leaves us victim to the ways of the world. If we take His hand, He will guide us through the storm. If we take His hand, He will calm the winds. If we take His hand, nothing will crush us; no matter the trial, no matter the tribulation, He will see us to the gates of His kingdom and He will rejoice in our choice to walk eternally with Him.

May the peace and blessings of the Lord be with you always,
Prayer Soldier

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guardian Angel Store Forums Forum Index -> Reflections Printable Version All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: