Guardian Angel Store - Christian gifts and books to share your values

Site Search:

Store Search:

Home > Forums > Reflections > It Is Not Too Late, We Are Never Home | Forums | My Account |  My Wishlist  |  Cart Contents  |  Checkout  |  www.GuardianAngelStore.com is RSS enabled.  Add this link to your feed reader to get our news updates.  In the forums add the link next to the forums you want to receive updates for.
 Navigation

Main
 Home
General
 News
 News Submission
 News Topics
 Search
 Sitemap
Community
 Forums
 Web Links
Members
 Account
Information
 About Us
 Contact
 FAQ
 Legal Documents
 Link To Us

Shopping

Aids--Classroom, Bible, Office
Angels
Automotive
Bereavement & Memorial
Bible Center
Books
Books, Used
Candles & Necessities
Church Supplies
Clothing
Collectibles/Figurines
Crosses/Crucifixes
Devotions
Encouragement/Inspirational Gift
Garden Decor
Gifts for Family & Friends
Home Treasures
Jewelry
Knights of Columbus Gifts
Love, Weddings & Marriage
Media - CDs/DVDs/Software
Message Cards
Names to Remember
Patriotism
Pocket Coins & Tokens
Sacramentals
Sacraments
Saints
Special Seasons
Sports
Toys/Games

New Products

Shop by Price
Under $10
From $10 - $30
From $30 - $50
From $50 - $100
Above $100
All Price Ranges

Guardian Angel Store: Forums

The Guardian Angel Store Forums :: View topic - It Is Not Too Late, We Are Never Too Lost
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

It Is Not Too Late, We Are Never Too Lost

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guardian Angel Store Forums Forum Index -> Reflections Printable Version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Prayer-Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:53 pm    Post subject: It Is Not Too Late, We Are Never Too Lost Reply with quote

It Is Not Too Late, We Are Never Too Lost

Scripture:

Seek the Lord, while he may be found: call upon him, while he is near. Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unjust man his thoughts, and let him return to the Lord, and he will have mercy on him, and to our God: for he is bountiful to forgive. For my thoughts are not your thoughts: nor your ways my ways, says the Lord. For as the heavens are exalted above the earth, so are my ways exalted above your ways, and my thoughts above your thoughts. (Isaiah 55:6-9)

According to my expectation and hope; that in nothing I shall be confounded: but with all confidence, as always, so now also, shall Christ be magnified in my body, whether it be by life or by death. For to me, to live is Christ: and to die is gain. And if to live in the flesh: this is to me the fruit of labor. And what I shall choose I know not. But I am straitened between two: having a desire to be dissolved and to be with Christ, a thing by far the better. But to abide still in the flesh is needful for you.

Only let your conversation be worthy of the gospel of Christ: that, whether I come and see you, or, being absent, may hear of you, that you stand fast in one spirit, with one mind laboring together for the faith of the gospel.
(Philippians 1:20-24, 27)

The kingdom of heaven is like to an householder, who went out early in the morning to hire laborers into his vineyard. And having agreed with the laborers for a penny a day, he sent them into his vineyard. And going out about the third hour, he saw others standing in the marketplace idle. And he said to them: Go you also into my vineyard, and I will give you what shall be just. And they went their way. And again he went out about the sixth and the ninth hour, and did in like manner. But about the eleventh hour he went out and found others standing, and he said to them: Why stand you here all the day idle? They say to him: Because no man has hired us. He said to them: Go you also into my vineyard.

And when evening was come, the lord of the vineyard said to his steward: Call the laborers and pay them their hire, beginning from the last even to the first. When therefore they were come that came about the eleventh hour, they received every man a penny. But when the first also came, they thought that they should receive more: And they also received every man a penny. And receiving it they murmured against the master of the house, saying: These last have worked but one hour. and you have made them equal to us, that have born the burden of the day and the heats. But he answering said to one of them: friend, I do you no wrong: did you not agree with me for a penny? Take what is yours, and go your way: I will also give to this last even as to you. Or, is it not lawful for me to do what I will? Is your eye evil, because I am good? So shall the last be first and the first last. For many are called but few chosen. (Matthew 20:1-16)

Reflection:

We do not always see as God sees or comprehend fully what we receive through His grace, mercy and love. Those who look at the world with eyes of conquest, greed and desire; do not see as He sees, but as evil sees. Those who look at intimidation and violence as the means to their goals, do not see as He sees, but as evil sees. We might ask, how is it God has allowed the wicked to bring anguish and for evil to corrupt the land? It began with a choice by woman and man; and so it may end with the choices of woman and man. Because of the first sin of the children of His creation, He allows the generations to see what darkness brings; and so it is the choice of people whether to remain in the darkness or turn to the light. Still, it is His desire that we know that there is a righteous way; the way of truth and light, the way of charity and love, the way of His Word.

The unjust man brings strife and the wicked spreads anguish. Tears and gnashing of teeth are their fruits and sorrow is their legacy. They justify what they do with falsehoods and exploit the poor, weak and defenseless. God sees all which is done and will hold all to account; but for those who seek to open their eyes to His ways, He will forgive the iniquity of their past. Through prayer, we may listen for His thoughts so that our heart may be guided to His ways. Blessed are those who turn to Him, for He will cleanse their soul of the evil which seduces them and His love will spread from heart to heart through their works.

The wicked should weep, for the burden of their evil is heavy. Beneath it, the wayward sink into the darkness; but all is not lost for as was told in the days of old, it remains true for the generations today and the generations to come, His forgiveness is bountiful. In atonement for our sins, so all might be forgiven, He sent His only begotten Son, so that whosoever believes in Him shall not perish, but shall have everlasting life within His kingdom. This is the good news for all sinners that no matter what has been their past, if they turn to Him, forgiveness may be theirs. Through His forgiveness, the burden of sin is removed so that all may rejoice in the blessing of His great love. Blessed are those who turn to Him, for their tears of anguish are turned to tears of great joy.

If we allow Christ within us, He will be seen through us. If we believe in Him, the blessings of His Word shall be shared through us. We may see the world as a daily struggle, filled with trial and tribulation; but if we see the world through His eyes, we see that the darkness may be removed by the light of His Word; the light of charity and love. If the light is within us, those in the darkness will see. They will see its warmth. They will see its blessing. Blessed are those who come to the light of His Word, for as they seek it within their heart, the light shall shine also through them.

The light does not come to the heart of everyone in the same time. Those who turn to it in the late hours will rejoice at the discovery of that to which they were blind, but will also lament the time lost to the one who corrupts souls. The Lord rejoices for each heart which responds to His call, for His desire is that all the children of His creation should share in His kingdom. He did not create the world to condemn the world, but that the world might find the blessings of His light. He created the light and all which is good so that it might be shared for the blessing of every soul.

The moment in which His Word is heard, the moment in which His ways are understood and the moment in which His love is felt are the moments the evil one seeks to obscure; for the dark one cannot endure the light and cannot tolerate when the children of His creation rejoice in His love. Blessed are the faithful who hold out their hands to those who stand in the dark, for those who reach out become part of His hand which invites the lost to come home. Blessed are those who once stood in the dark, but walked to the light, for all the kingdom of heaven rejoices for every soul which turns to God.

It is not too late, we are never too lost; for the One who created us does not want to lose any one of us. He calls deep into the night; we only need to listen. When we hear His voice, we should not remain silent because of what we failed to see, but we should respond: Hear I am Lord, carry me away from my iniquity. As we turn to Him, He will embrace our soul, He will protect us from the darkness, He will remove the blindness of our hearts so we may see the way, the truth and the light.

May the peace and blessings of the Lord be with you always,
Prayer Soldier

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guardian Angel Store Forums Forum Index -> Reflections Printable Version All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: