Guardian Angel Store - Christian gifts and books to share your values

Site Search:

Store Search:

Home > Forums > Reflections > The Balance To Which We Are Call Home | Forums | My Account |  My Wishlist  |  Cart Contents  |  Checkout  |  www.GuardianAngelStore.com is RSS enabled.  Add this link to your feed reader to get our news updates.  In the forums add the link next to the forums you want to receive updates for.
 Navigation

Main
 Home
General
 News
 News Submission
 News Topics
 Search
 Sitemap
Community
 Forums
 Web Links
Members
 Account
Information
 About Us
 Contact
 FAQ
 Legal Documents
 Link To Us

Shopping

Aids--Classroom, Bible, Office
Angels
Automotive
Bereavement & Memorial
Bible Center
Books
Books, Used
Candles & Necessities
Church Supplies
Clothing
Collectibles/Figurines
Crosses/Crucifixes
Devotions
Encouragement/Inspirational Gift
Garden Decor
Gifts for Family & Friends
Home Treasures
Jewelry
Knights of Columbus Gifts
Love, Weddings & Marriage
Media - CDs/DVDs/Software
Message Cards
Names to Remember
Patriotism
Pocket Coins & Tokens
Sacramentals
Sacraments
Saints
Special Seasons
Sports
Toys/Games

New Products

Shop by Price
Under $10
From $10 - $30
From $30 - $50
From $50 - $100
Above $100
All Price Ranges

Guardian Angel Store: Forums

The Guardian Angel Store Forums :: View topic - The Balance To Which We Are Called
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Balance To Which We Are Called

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guardian Angel Store Forums Forum Index -> Reflections Printable Version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Prayer-Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:25 am    Post subject: The Balance To Which We Are Called Reply with quote

The Balance To Which We Are Called

Scripture:

And it came to pass when the king sat in his house, and the Lord had given him rest on every side from all his enemies, he said to Nathan the prophet: Do you see that I dwell in a house of cedar, and the ark of God is lodged within skins? And Nathan said to the king: Go, do all that is in your heart: because the Lord is with you. But it came to pass that night, that the word of the Lord came to Nathan, saying: Go, and say to my servant David: Thus says the Lord: Shall you build me a house to dwell in?

Thus said the Lord of hosts: I took you out of the pastures from following the sheep to be ruler over my people Israel: And I have been with you wheresoever you have walked, and have slain all your enemies from before your face: and I have made you a great man, like unto the name of the great ones that are on the earth. And I will appoint a place for my people Israel, and I will plant them, and they shall dwell therein, and shall be disturbed no more: neither shall the children of iniquity afflict them any more as they did before, from the day that I appointed judges over my people Israel: and I will give you rest from all your enemies. And the Lord foretells to you, that the Lord will make you a house. And when your days shall be fulfilled, and you shall sleep with your fathers, I will raise up your seed after you, which shall proceed out of the depths, and I will establish his kingdom.

I will be to him a father, and he shall be to me a son:

And your house shall be faithful, and your kingdom for ever before your face, and your throne shall be firm for ever.
(1 Samuel 7:1-7, 8B-12, 14A, 16)

Now to him that is able to establish you, according to my gospel and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery which was kept secret from eternity; (Which now is made manifest by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the precept of the eternal God, for the obedience of faith) known among all nations: To God, the only wise, through Jesus Christ, to whom be honor and glory for ever and ever. Amen. (Romans 16:25-27)

And in the sixth month, the angel Gabriel was sent from God into a city of Galilee, called Nazareth, to a virgin espoused to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David: and the name of the virgin was Mary. And the angel being come in, said unto her: Hail, full of grace, the Lord is with you: blessed are you among women. Who having heard, was troubled at his saying and thought with herself what manner of salutation this should be. And the angel said to her: Fear not, Mary, for you have found grace with God. Behold you shall conceive in your womb and shall bring forth a son: and you shall call his name Jesus. He shall be great and shall be called the Son of the Most High. And the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of David his father: and he shall reign in the house of Jacob for ever. And of his kingdom there shall be no end. And Mary said to the angel: How shall this be done, because I know not man? And the angel answering, said to her: The Holy Spirit shall come upon you and the power of the Most High shall overshadow you. And therefore also the Holy which shall be born of you shall be called the Son of God. And behold your cousin Elizabeth, she also has conceived a son in her old age: and this is the sixth month with her that is called barren. Because no word shall be impossible with God. And Mary said: Behold the handmaid of the Lord: be it done to me according to your word. And the angel departed from her. ( Luke 1:26-38 )

Reflection:

When we are filled with fire for the Lord, we seek to honor and glorify Him. It is natural to become enthusiastic in our desire to lift up our thanks and praise, but we should take care in our endeavors, for what we plan does not always accomplish the greater plan He has for us. He is forever and the creator of all things. He works to mold His creation through those He created in His image. His desire is for us to participate in His creation, but we must also be careful of our motivations that we do not presume our will over His.

It is right to seek to do great things to give glory to the Lord, but we must also ensure we do not forget His desire that we also care for the least among us. It is not enough to proclaim His Word, we must also remember the purpose of and live by His commandments to love. We cannot do one and neglect the others. It is not righteous to proclaim our works in His name while neglecting the lost and the needy or even the care required of ourselves. He calls us to do all things in balance, love of Him, care for others and care for self. We cannot do His works if we neglect ourselves, but neither do we do His works when we are selfish. We must take care that we do not allow the evil one to disrupt our balance. If we are in doubt as to the equity of our ways, we should ask the Holy Spirit to guide us.

In prayer, we must listen for His will for us. If we ask Him to point the way, we must be prepared to humble ourselves before Him and to set our desires aside. If we allow Him to guide the way, we will be amazed as to the blessings which come from the works which remain before us. In His sight, works for the least of His children and simple kindness are greater than works believed to be wondrous by the standards of people.

He does not place within us talents and gifts only for works of our design, but for His plan for us. He does not encourage us for what we believe to be grand in our sight, rather, He seeks to inspire our works to fulfill His commandments to love. The accomplishments He desires are the accomplishments of the heart. Trophies of the world shall fall to dust with the world, but the kindness stored within the heart shall be remembered and celebrated within His eternal kingdom. If we were to have His wisdom, we would see all the vain follies of the world and the salvation and blessings found on the path of charity and love.

Not every man shall be called forth to be king, nor every woman to be queen; but He has created every life unique with a special purpose and the gifts to accomplish His will. The question is the same for all; will we accept His purpose or pursue the vanity of the world? The history of the world records the deeds of those who, like the world, shall return to dust; but when the world falls to dust, so shall all deeds of the world be forgotten. Even the simplest acts of charity and love, though, will be remembered by Him forever. Blessed are those who accept His will, for they will share blessings with all who cross their paths. Their heart shall be filled with the power of His love. The strength of love shall guide them and through such hearts, people, families, communities and nations shall grow and flourish.

May the peace and blessings of the Lord be with you always,
Prayer Soldier

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guardian Angel Store Forums Forum Index -> Reflections Printable Version All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: