Guardian Angel Store - Christian gifts and books to share your values

Site Search:

Store Search:

Home > Forums > Reflections > The Water of Eternal Life Home | Forums | My Account |  My Wishlist  |  Cart Contents  |  Checkout  |  www.GuardianAngelStore.com is RSS enabled.  Add this link to your feed reader to get our news updates.  In the forums add the link next to the forums you want to receive updates for.
 Navigation

Main
 Home
General
 News
 News Submission
 News Topics
 Search
 Sitemap
Community
 Forums
 Web Links
Members
 Account
Information
 About Us
 Contact
 FAQ
 Legal Documents
 Link To Us

Shopping

Aids--Classroom, Bible, Office
Angels
Automotive
Bereavement & Memorial
Bible Center
Books
Books, Used
Candles & Necessities
Church Supplies
Clothing
Collectibles/Figurines
Crosses/Crucifixes
Devotions
Encouragement/Inspirational Gift
Garden Decor
Gifts for Family & Friends
Home Treasures
Jewelry
Knights of Columbus Gifts
Love, Weddings & Marriage
Media - CDs/DVDs/Software
Message Cards
Names to Remember
Patriotism
Pocket Coins & Tokens
Sacramentals
Sacraments
Saints
Special Seasons
Sports
Toys/Games

New Products

Shop by Price
Under $10
From $10 - $30
From $30 - $50
From $50 - $100
Above $100
All Price Ranges

Guardian Angel Store: Forums

The Guardian Angel Store Forums :: View topic - The Water of Eternal Life
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Water of Eternal Life

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guardian Angel Store Forums Forum Index -> Reflections Printable Version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Prayer-Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:33 pm    Post subject: The Water of Eternal Life Reply with quote

The Water of Eternal Life

Scripture:

Thus also said God to Noe, and to his sons with him, Behold I will establish my covenant with you, and with your seed after you: And with every living soul that is with you, as well in all birds as in cattle and beasts of the earth, that are come forth out of the ark, and in all the beasts of the earth. I will establish my covenant with you, and all flesh shall be no more destroyed with the waters of a flood, neither shall there be from henceforth a flood to waste the earth. And God said: This is the sign of the covenant which I give between me and you, and to every living soul that is with you, for perpetual generations. I will set my bow in the clouds, and it shall be the sign of a covenant between me, and between the earth. And when I shall cover the sky with clouds, my bow shall appear in the clouds: And I will remember my covenant with you, and with every living soul that bears flesh: and there shall no more be waters of a flood to destroy all flesh. (Genesis 9:8-15)

Because Christ also died once for our sins, the just for the unjust: that he might offer us to God, being put to death indeed in the flesh, but enlivened in the spirit, in which also coming he preached to those spirits that were in prison: Which had been some time incredulous, when they waited for the patience of God in the days of Noe, when the ark was a building: wherein a few, that is, eight souls, were saved by water. Whereunto baptism being of the like form, now saves you also: not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the examination of a good conscience towards God by the resurrection of Jesus Christ. Who is on the right hand of God, swallowing down death, that we might be made heirs of life everlasting: being gone into heaven, the angels and powers and virtues being made subject to him. (1 Peter 3:18-22)

And immediately the Spirit drove him out into the desert. And he was in the desert forty days and forty nights, and was tempted by Satan; and he was with beasts, and the angels ministered to him. And after that John was delivered up, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God, and saying: The time is accomplished, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent, and believe the gospel. (Mark 1:12-15)

Reflection:

Through the generations, God has sought to offer the blessings of His ways to the children of His creation. In their form, they seek to serve the flesh before the spirit, failing to comprehend that the spirit is more precious than the flesh. The flesh is but for a time, but the spirit within the soul He desires to live within His kingdom forever. In the flesh, we are subject to the world and the body will return to dust with the world; but in the spirit, we hold the potential for eternity.

He has continued to reach out to the children of His creation so that they may turn away from the darkness and turn to His light. He has sent angel and prophet as His messengers so the people might learn the ways of their God. He sent His only begotten Son to teach the root of His commandments, which are the commandments to love Him and one another (Matthew 22:36-40). Through His Word, He seeks that the children of His creation might live so that they may learn, and learn so that they may have eternal life. As they seek Him, they will be able to conquer evil and set aside all the destruction it brings.

If we but keep an eye to heaven, seeking to learn from what Christ taught, we have the opportunity to bring light to our spirit; therefore, enriching and strengthening it with His love. Though sin may be found within our hearts, He provides the water through which sin may be conquered, just as His Son conquered death for the salvation of all who believe in Him. Through His sacrifice, we have the opportunity to be cleansed of the evil which contaminates our soul. We have the opportunity to be purified so that we may pass through the gates where no evil is allowed to enter.

Water is the source of life and a source of death. Once used to wash the earth, it is also used to wash the soul. As the floods took away dark souls, so did it carry souls to safety through which His creation might continue.

The struggle of good and evil has accosted every generation. As the years have passed, Satan has been relentless in his efforts to set the conditions for the ruin of souls. Through the weakness of the people, the evil one has the upper hand; but despite their rebellion, His love for the children of His creation is so great that He sent His only begotten Son for their salvation. In prayer, we should offer thanks and praise for what has been done for us so that we might have the opportunity to enter into His kingdom.

May the peace and blessings of the Lord be with you always,
Prayer Soldier

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guardian Angel Store Forums Forum Index -> Reflections Printable Version All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: