Guardian Angel Store - Christian gifts and books to share your values

Site Search:

Store Search:

Home > Forums > Reflections > The King of the Generations Home | Forums | My Account |  My Wishlist  |  Cart Contents  |  Checkout  |  www.GuardianAngelStore.com is RSS enabled.  Add this link to your feed reader to get our news updates.  In the forums add the link next to the forums you want to receive updates for.
 Navigation

Main
 Home
General
 News
 News Submission
 News Topics
 Search
 Sitemap
Community
 Forums
 Web Links
Members
 Account
Information
 About Us
 Contact
 FAQ
 Legal Documents
 Link To Us

Shopping

Aids--Classroom, Bible, Office
Angels
Automotive
Bereavement & Memorial
Bible Center
Books
Books, Used
Candles & Necessities
Church Supplies
Clothing
Collectibles/Figurines
Crosses/Crucifixes
Devotions
Encouragement/Inspirational Gift
Garden Decor
Gifts for Family & Friends
Home Treasures
Jewelry
Knights of Columbus Gifts
Love, Weddings & Marriage
Media - CDs/DVDs/Software
Message Cards
Names to Remember
Patriotism
Pocket Coins & Tokens
Sacramentals
Sacraments
Saints
Special Seasons
Sports
Toys/Games

New Products

Shop by Price
Under $10
From $10 - $30
From $30 - $50
From $50 - $100
Above $100
All Price Ranges

Guardian Angel Store: Forums

The Guardian Angel Store Forums :: View topic - The King of the Generations
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The King of the Generations

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guardian Angel Store Forums Forum Index -> Reflections Printable Version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Prayer-Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:03 pm    Post subject: The King of the Generations Reply with quote

The King of the Generations

Scripture:

And when they drew nigh to Jerusalem and were come to Bethphage, unto mount Olivet, then Jesus sent two disciples, saying to them: Go into the village that is over against you: and immediately you shall find an ass tied and a colt with her. Loose them and bring them to me. And if any man shall say anything to you, say that the Lord has need of them. And forthwith he will let them go. Now all this was done that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, saying: Tell the daughter of Sion: Behold your king comes to you, meek and sitting upon an ass and a colt, the foal of her that is used to the yoke. And the disciples going, did as Jesus commanded them. And they brought the ass and the colt and laid their garments upon them and made him sit thereon. And a very great multitude spread their garments in the way: and others cut boughs from the trees and strewed them in the way. And the multitudes that went before and that followed cried, saying: Hosanna to the son of David: Blessed is he that comes in the name of the Lord: Hosanna in the highest. And when he was come into Jerusalem, the whole city was moved, saying: Who is this? And the people said: This is Jesus, the prophet from Nazareth of Galilee. (Matthew 21:1-21)

The Lord has given me a learned tongue, that I should know how to uphold by word him that is weary: he wakens in the morning, in the morning he wakens my ear, that I may hear him as a master. The Lord God has opened my ear, and I do not resist: I have not gone back. I have given my body to the strikers, and my cheeks to them that plucked them: I have not turned away my face from them that rebuked me, and spit upon me. The Lord God is my helper, therefore am I not confounded: therefore have I set my face as a most hard rock, and I know that I shall not be confounded. (Isaiah 50:4-7)

Who being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: but emptied himself, taking the form of a servant, being made in the likeness of men, and in habit found as a man. He humbled himself, becoming obedient unto death, even to the death of the cross. For which cause, God also has exalted him and has given him a name which is above all names: That in the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those that are in heaven, on earth, and under the earth: And that every tongue should confess that the Lord Jesus Christ is in the glory of God the Father. (Philippians 2:6-11)

And Jesus stood before the governor, and the governor asked him, saying: Are you the king of the Jews? Jesus said to him: You say it. And when he was accused by the chief priests and ancients, he answered nothing. Then Pilate said to him: Do you not hear how great testimonies they allege against you? And he answered him to never a word, so that the governor wondered exceedingly.

Now upon the solemn day the governor was accustomed to release to the people one prisoner, whom they would. And he had then a notorious prisoner that was called Barabbas. They therefore being gathered together, Pilate said: Whom will you that I release to You: Barabbas, or Jesus that is called Christ? For he knew that for envy they had delivered him. And as he was sitting in the place of judgment, his wife sent to him, saying: Have nothing to do with that just man; for I have suffered many things this day in a dream because of him. But the chief priests and ancients persuaded the people that they should ask Barabbas and make Jesus away. And the governor answering, said to them: Whether will you of the two to be released unto you? But they said: Barabbas. Pilate said to them: What shall I do then with Jesus that is called Christ? They say all: Let him be crucified. The governor said to them: Why, what evil has he done? But they cried out the more, saying: Let him be crucified.

And Pilate seeing that he prevailed nothing, but that rather a tumult was made, taking water washed his hands before the people, saying: I am innocent of the blood of this just man. Look you to it. And the whole people answering, said: His blood be upon us and upon our children. Then he released to them Barabbas: and having scourged Jesus, delivered him unto them to be crucified. Then the soldiers of the governor, taking Jesus into the hall, gathered together unto him the whole band. And stripping him, they put a scarlet cloak about him. And platting a crown of thorns, they put it upon his head, and a reed in his right hand. And bowing the knee before him, they mocked him, saying: Hail, King of the Jews. And spitting upon him, they took the reed and struck his head. And after they had mocked him, they took off the cloak from him and put on him his own garments and led him away to crucify him.

And going out, they found a man of Cyrene, named Simon: him they forced to take up his cross. And they came to the place that is called Golgotha, which is the place of Calvary. And they gave him wine to drink mingled with gall. And when he had tasted, he would not drink. And after they had crucified him, they divided his garments, casting lots; that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, saying: They divided my garments among them; and upon my vesture they cast lots. And they sat and watched him. And they put over his head his cause written: THIS IS JESUS THE KING OF THE JEWS.

Then were crucified with him two thieves: one on the right hand and one on the left. And they that passed by blasphemed him, wagging their heads, and saying: Vah, you that destroy the temple of God and in three days do rebuild it: save your own self. If you be the Son of God, come down from the cross. In like manner also the chief priests, with the scribes and ancients, mocking said: He saved others: himself he cannot save. If he be the king of Israel, let him now come down from the cross: and we will believe him. He trusted in God: let him now deliver him if he will have him. For he said: I am the Son of God.

And the selfsame thing the thieves also that were crucified with him reproached him with. Now from the sixth hour, there was darkness over the whole earth, until the ninth hour. And about the ninth hour, Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying: Eli, Eli, lamma sabacthani? That is, My God, My God, why have you forsaken me? And some that stood there and heard said: This man calls Elias. And immediately one of them running took a sponge and filled it with vinegar and put it on a reed and gave him to drink. And the others said: Let be. Let us see whether Elias will come to deliver him. And Jesus again crying with a loud voice, yielded up the Spirit.

And behold the veil of the temple was rent in two from the top even to the bottom: and the earth quaked and the rocks were rent. And the graves were opened: and many bodies of the saints that had slept arose, and coming out of the tombs after his resurrection, came into the holy city and appeared to many. Now the centurion and they that were with him watching Jesus, having seen the earthquake and the things that were done, were sore afraid, saying: Indeed this was the Son of God.
(Matthew 27:11-54)

Reflection:

He came to them as they cheered and laid palms before Him. Many saw their king, but they did not understand the road to which they paved. The moment of those who praised Him was at hand, but so too was the moment soon to come of the sacrifice for their salvation. It was a moment of elation and rejoicing, but unknown to those who celebrated, the moment of prophesy was soon to come where the One sent would suffer in sacrifice for all. Blessed are the faithful, for in those moments, eternal life was purchased for generations of sinful souls.

He was sent by the Father to share His Word and to live His Word. He stood before the leaders and scribes, and held the power of the Father, but in living as an example of His Word, He gave himself in love for the children of His creation. With one command to the angels, all the evil before Him could be vanquished, but it was not the power of force and violence He wished to demonstrate, but the much greater power of love. He conquered violence and death and rose to the glory of the Father. Blessed are those who declare His name, for the name they lift in praise is their Savior.

He stood before those who accused Him, but he did not argue in defense or plead in mercy. He gave Himself over, though they had no power over Him. What was to come was by their choice, but the reason He had come is that He already knew what was in their hearts. Those who found fault with Him were blind to the truth. The one who could not find fault with Him, but did not stop the injustice observed, tried to wash the blood from his hands, but the blood still remains. What was to happen was as much upon him as it was upon those who cried out for Barabbas, for those who say they make no choice make a choice in what they do or what they fail to do.

Many watched and cheered. Many watched and mocked. Some watched and weeped. Some watched and came to believe. The moments which were unfolding, though, were as much for those who cheered and mocked as it was for those who weeped. The sacrifice was made for all the children of His creation, that they might see and confess His name. Blessed are those who cried out in defense of Him, weeped for Him and accepted Him in their hearts; for they were not blind as those who said they could see, but they were able to see the true glory of the Father through the Son.

And so, as it was in that moment, it has remained through the generations. Some cry out to persecute His name and all who follow in His name. Some seek to withdraw, do nothing and wash their hands of the injustice before them. Some confess His name in glory and some pick up His cross to follow Him. Blessed are those who confess His name, for on their lips is the salvation offered to all the children of His creation. Blessed are those who share the words which remember the sacrifice, the death and the conquering of death; for through their speaking, the generations remember and hearts may be opened. Blessed are those who share their faith in Him, for they offer solace to one another and share in the rejoicing for the great gift of love which they may only receive through Him.

May the peace and blessings of the Lord be with you always,
Prayer Soldier

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guardian Angel Store Forums Forum Index -> Reflections Printable Version All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: