Guardian Angel Store - Christian gifts and books to share your values

Site Search:

Store Search:

Home > Forums > Reflections > The One Who Came to Baptize with Home | Forums | My Account |  My Wishlist  |  Cart Contents  |  Checkout  |  www.GuardianAngelStore.com is RSS enabled.  Add this link to your feed reader to get our news updates.  In the forums add the link next to the forums you want to receive updates for.
 Navigation

Main
 Home
General
 News
 News Submission
 News Topics
 Search
 Sitemap
Community
 Forums
 Web Links
Members
 Account
Information
 About Us
 Contact
 FAQ
 Legal Documents
 Link To Us

Shopping

Aids--Classroom, Bible, Office
Angels
Automotive
Bereavement & Memorial
Bible Center
Books
Books, Used
Candles & Necessities
Church Supplies
Clothing
Collectibles/Figurines
Crosses/Crucifixes
Devotions
Encouragement/Inspirational Gift
Garden Decor
Gifts for Family & Friends
Home Treasures
Jewelry
Knights of Columbus Gifts
Love, Weddings & Marriage
Media - CDs/DVDs/Software
Message Cards
Names to Remember
Patriotism
Pocket Coins & Tokens
Sacramentals
Sacraments
Saints
Special Seasons
Sports
Toys/Games

New Products

Shop by Price
Under $10
From $10 - $30
From $30 - $50
From $50 - $100
Above $100
All Price Ranges

Guardian Angel Store: Forums

The Guardian Angel Store Forums :: View topic - The One Who Came to Baptize with the Holy Spirit
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The One Who Came to Baptize with the Holy Spirit

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guardian Angel Store Forums Forum Index -> Reflections Printable Version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Prayer-Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:54 am    Post subject: The One Who Came to Baptize with the Holy Spirit Reply with quote

The One Who Came to Baptize with the Holy Spirit

Scripture:

Behold my servant, I will uphold him: my elect, my soul delights in him: I have given my spirit upon him, he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles. He shall not cry, nor have respect to person, neither shall his voice be heard abroad. The bruised reed he shall not break, and smoking flax he shall not quench, he shall bring forth judgment unto truth. He shall not be sad, nor troublesome, till he set judgment in the earth, and the islands shall wait for his law.

I the Lord have called you in justice, and taken you by the hand, and preserved you. And I have given you for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles: That you might open the eyes of the blind, and bring forth the prisoner out of prison, and them that sit in darkness out of the prison house.
(Isaiah 42:1-4, 6-7)

For the grace of God our Savior has appeared to all men: Instructing us, that, denying ungodliness and worldly desires, we should live soberly and justly and godly in this world, looking for the blessed hope and coming of the glory of the great God and our Savior Jesus Christ. Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity and might cleanse to himself a people acceptable, a pursuer of good works.

But when the goodness and kindness of God our Savior appeared: Not by the works of justice which we have done, but according to his mercy, he saved us, by the laver of regeneration and renovation of the Holy Spirit. Whom he has poured forth upon us abundantly, through Jesus Christ our Savior: That, being justified by his grace, we may be heirs according to hope of life everlasting.
(Titus 2:11-14, 3:4-7)

And as the people were of opinion, and all were thinking in their hearts of John, that perhaps he might be the Christ: John answered, saying unto all: I indeed baptize you with water: but there shall come one mightier than I, the laces of whose sandals I am not worthy to loose. He shall baptize you with the Holy Spirit and with fire.

Now it came to pass, when all the people were baptized, that Jesus also being baptized and praying, heaven was opened. And the Holy Spirit descended in a bodily shape, as a dove, upon him. And a voice came from heaven: You are my beloved Son. In you I am well pleased.
(Luke 3:15-16, 21-22)

Reflection:

Through the generations, the good and wicked have walked the earth. He has watched as some devoted themselves to His ways while others fell to the consequences of their selfishness. He watched as wickedness corrupted hearts. Because He so loved the children of His creation, He sent the One who could not be corrupted, the One who is the light, the One that would reveal the sinful heart, the One who would open eyes to the truth. In His hands He placed the world and through His sacrifice and judgment, the hearts of those who believe would be turned to love.

Though evil wanders the generations and seeks to pervert the justice of the land, it cannot prevail for He has brought the hope of salvation. Those who follow the light will be freed from the sorrows of the world. The wicked who despise the faithful and seek to turn the children of His creation away from Him will rise with arrogant words and espouse twisted logic. They will persecute the innocent and sow anguish where there should be joy. Many will follow the deceptions, but those who seek Him through prayer will not be deceived, their eyes will see the truth for He will be their light.

It is through Him the faithful shall receive salvation. His sacrifice was payment for the debt of sin of all who believe in Him. The generations have been told there is no other way to come to the Father than through He who sacrificed Himself. Though all are called to devote their hands to His works as a measure of their belief, there is no work that can be done to buy their salvation. Only through Him and inviting Him into our hearts can we join Him; but if He is truly within us, the works of our hands will be devoted to Him and His commandments to love. When we fail to live according to His call, we stumble forth in sin.

And so the one sent before Him revealed that He was to come. The one sent before Him would reveal that through Him, the Holy Spirit would be brought to the souls of the faithful so that they might know and they might see. And so it was for those who were there, the voice of the Lord was heard; confirming what was said by the one sent before Him, that Jesus was His beloved Son. His hour had come to teach the generations the truth of the Word. What was lost upon those who argued would be revealed in the hearts of those who listened to Him.

Blessed are those who heard and rose to share with those who did not hear. Blessed are those who saw and rose to share with those who did not see, for through them the truth was spread from heart to heart. Through them, the Word for the generations was revealed for as they received what they heard and what they saw, they also received the Holy Spirit who guided them to spread the truth across the lands and to the generations. In prayer, we should offer thanks and praise for the blessings He brought. In prayer, we should also ask that we too are blessed with the Holy Spirit in our hearts so that we might be guided to share His great works for the benefit of our loved ones, our families, our neighbors and the generations to come.

May the peace and blessings of the Lord be with you always,
Prayer Soldier

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guardian Angel Store Forums Forum Index -> Reflections Printable Version All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: