Guardian Angel Store - Christian gifts and books to share your values

Site Search:

Store Search:

Home > Forums > Reflections > Prophets and Vocations Home | Forums | My Account |  My Wishlist  |  Cart Contents  |  Checkout  |  www.GuardianAngelStore.com is RSS enabled.  Add this link to your feed reader to get our news updates.  In the forums add the link next to the forums you want to receive updates for.
 Navigation

Main
 Home
General
 News
 News Submission
 News Topics
 Search
 Sitemap
Community
 Forums
 Web Links
Members
 Account
Information
 About Us
 Contact
 FAQ
 Legal Documents
 Link To Us

Shopping

Aids--Classroom, Bible, Office
Angels
Automotive
Bereavement & Memorial
Bible Center
Books
Books, Used
Candles & Necessities
Church Supplies
Clothing
Collectibles/Figurines
Crosses/Crucifixes
Devotions
Encouragement/Inspirational Gift
Garden Decor
Gifts for Family & Friends
Home Treasures
Jewelry
Knights of Columbus Gifts
Love, Weddings & Marriage
Media - CDs/DVDs/Software
Message Cards
Names to Remember
Patriotism
Pocket Coins & Tokens
Sacramentals
Sacraments
Saints
Special Seasons
Sports
Toys/Games

New Products

Shop by Price
Under $10
From $10 - $30
From $30 - $50
From $50 - $100
Above $100
All Price Ranges

Guardian Angel Store: Forums

The Guardian Angel Store Forums :: View topic - Prophets and Vocations
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Prophets and Vocations

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guardian Angel Store Forums Forum Index -> Reflections Printable Version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Prayer-Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:39 pm    Post subject: Prophets and Vocations Reply with quote

Prophets and Vocations

Scripture:

The Lord your God will raise up to thee a PROPHET of your nation and of your brethren like unto me: him you shall hear: As you desired of the Lord your God in Horeb, when the assembly was gathered together, and said: Let me not hear anymore the voice of the Lord my God, neither let me see anymore this exceeding great fire, lest I die. And the Lord said to me: They have spoken all things well. I will raise them up a prophet out of the midst of their brethren like to you: and I will put my words in his mouth, and he shall speak to them all that I shall command him. And he that will not hear his words, which he shall speak in my name, I will be the revenger. But the prophet, who being corrupted with pride, shall speak in my name things that I did not command him to say, or in the name of strange gods, shall be slain. (Deuteronomy 18:15-20)

But I would have you to be without solicitude. He that is without a wife is solicitous for the things that belong to the Lord: how he may please God. But he that is with a wife is solicitous for the things of the world: how he may please his wife. And he is divided. And the unmarried woman and the virgin thinks on the things of the Lord: that she may be holy both in body and in spirit. But she that is married thinks on the things of the world: how she may please her husband. And this I speak for your profit, not to cast a snare upon you, but for that which is decent and which may give you power to attend upon the Lord, without impediment. (1 Corinthians 7:32-35)

And they entered into Capharnaum: and forthwith upon the sabbath days going into the synagogue, he taught them. And they were astonished at his doctrine. For he was teaching them as one having power, and not as the scribes. And there was in their synagogue a man with an unclean spirit; and he cried out, saying: What have we to do with you, Jesus of Nazareth? Are you come to destroy us? I know who you are, the Holy One of God. And Jesus threatened him, saying: Speak no more, and go out of the man. And the unclean spirit, tearing him and crying out with a loud voice, went out of him. And they were all amazed insomuch that they questioned among themselves, saying: What thing is this? What is this new doctrine? For with power he commands even the unclean spirits: and they obey him. And the fame of him was spread forthwith into all the country of Galilee. (Mark 1:21-2Cool

Reflection:

A prophet is one who speaks the Word of the Lord, not as a priest or cleric, but with authority to provide revelation, guide the people as to the expectations of the Lord, to foretell His miracles and to warn of the consequences should the people turn to a different path. We are told He will hold to account those who hear the words of the prophet, for they are His words. We are also told of false prophets, for some will be lured by the evil one to claim to speak with the authority of the Lord, only to be used by the dark one to confuse, corrupt and misguide for the ruin of souls.

We are warned of the false prophets, but we are also given guidance as to how we are to know who is true. We know that if we are called away from the commandments, he who calls must be of the evil one. We know that if we are called contrary to defense of the innocent, he who calls must be of the evil one. We know that if we are called contrary to the commandments to love, he who calls must be of the evil one. If we are in doubt, He has also given us the blessing of the Holy Spirit to guide us (John 14:26). We may follow the truth if we test what we hear through prayer.

The distractions of the world are many, but as we make time for Him, He will guide us in how we may approach the world. His call to vocation is designed so that we may focus upon the will He has for us. Some are called to the life of the religious who share the Word of the Lord and care for the souls of the community. To others, He calls to bring forth children and to raise them in faith as the foundation for the generation to come. He calls each of us to important tasks, not for our pride, but for the blessings of souls. As we step forward to fulfill His will, we make the world a better place.

Those who fall away from Him only play into the hands of evil. They become blinded by the darkness; the void of which fills their heart. They become helpless in the face of false prophets, endorsing the deceptions which are spoken and written, unwittingly assisting the emissaries of evil to bring souls to ruin. That which is unclean takes root within those who turn from Him, causing their heart to decay. Love becomes foreign to them, leading them to spew forth harshness as they pursue destruction through the ways of selfishness and arrogance.

Those who wander in the darkness and those who care for one lost within the darkness still have hope, for through Him, all which is unclean may be commanded away. All the more reason the figures of darkness scheme to blind souls to His light, for the evil ones fear His power. They know the soul which cries out to Him will be heard.

Through prayer, we may ask Him to guide us in how we may fight the darkness within. We should make no mistake, the evil one will pursue us to the last moment; therefore, we must pray always for His light. His desire is to cleanse and guide us; we only need to reach out to Him.

May the peace and blessings of the Lord be with you always,
Prayer Soldier

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guardian Angel Store Forums Forum Index -> Reflections Printable Version All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: