Guardian Angel Store - Christian gifts and books to share your values

Site Search:

Store Search:

Home > Forums > Reflections > The Sacrifice for the Generation Home | Forums | My Account |  My Wishlist  |  Cart Contents  |  Checkout  |  www.GuardianAngelStore.com is RSS enabled.  Add this link to your feed reader to get our news updates.  In the forums add the link next to the forums you want to receive updates for.
 Navigation

Main
 Home
General
 News
 News Submission
 News Topics
 Search
 Sitemap
Community
 Forums
 Web Links
Members
 Account
Information
 About Us
 Contact
 FAQ
 Legal Documents
 Link To Us

Shopping

Aids--Classroom, Bible, Office
Angels
Automotive
Bereavement & Memorial
Bible Center
Books
Books, Used
Candles & Necessities
Church Supplies
Clothing
Collectibles/Figurines
Crosses/Crucifixes
Devotions
Encouragement/Inspirational Gift
Garden Decor
Gifts for Family & Friends
Home Treasures
Jewelry
Knights of Columbus Gifts
Love, Weddings & Marriage
Media - CDs/DVDs/Software
Message Cards
Names to Remember
Patriotism
Pocket Coins & Tokens
Sacramentals
Sacraments
Saints
Special Seasons
Sports
Toys/Games

New Products

Shop by Price
Under $10
From $10 - $30
From $30 - $50
From $50 - $100
Above $100
All Price Ranges

Guardian Angel Store: Forums

The Guardian Angel Store Forums :: View topic - The Sacrifice for the Generations
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Sacrifice for the Generations

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guardian Angel Store Forums Forum Index -> Reflections Printable Version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Prayer-Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:48 pm    Post subject: The Sacrifice for the Generations Reply with quote

The Sacrifice for the Generations

Scripture:

After these things, God tested Abraham, and said to him: Abraham, Abraham. And he answered: Here I am. He said to him: Take your only begotten son Isaac, whom you love, and go into the land of vision: and there you shall offer him for an holocaust upon one of the mountains which I will show you.

And they came to the place which God had shown him, where he built an altar, and laid the wood in order upon it: and when he had bound Isaac his son, he laid him on the altar upon the pile of wood.

And he put forth his hand and took the sword, to sacrifice his son. And behold an angel of the Lord from heaven called to him, saying: Abraham, Abraham. And he answered: Here I am. And he said to him: Lay not your hand upon the boy, neither do you any thing to him: now I know that you fear God, and have not spared your only begotten son for my sake. Abraham lifted up his eyes, and saw behind his back a ram among the briers sticking fast by the horns, which he took and offered for a holocaust instead of his son.

And the angel of the Lord called to Abraham a second time from heaven, saying: By my own self have I sworn, said the Lord: because you have done this thing, and have not spared your only begotten son for my sake: I will bless you, and I will multiply your seed as the stars of heaven, and as the sand that is by the sea shore: your seed shall possess the gates of their enemies. And in your seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed, because you have obeyed my voice.
( Genesis 22:1-2, 9a, 10-13, 15-18 )

If God be for us, who is against us? He that spared not even his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how has he not also, with him, given us all things? Who shall accuse against the elect of God? God that justifies. Who is he that shall condemn? Christ Jesus that died, yea that is risen also again; who is at the right hand of God, who also makes intercession for us. (Romans 8:31B-34)

And his garments became shining and exceeding white as snow, so as no fuller upon earth can make white. And there appeared to them Elias with Moses; and they were talking with Jesus. And Peter answering, said to Jesus: Rabbi, it is good for us to be here: and let us make three tabernacles, one for you, and one for Moses, and one for Elias. For he knew not what he said: for they were struck with fear. And there was a cloud overshadowing them: and a voice came out of the cloud, saying: This is my most beloved son; hear him. And immediately looking about, they saw no man any more, but Jesus only with them. And as they came down from the mountain, he charged them not to tell any man what things they had seen, till the Son of man shall be risen again from the dead. And they kept the word to themselves; questioning together what that should mean, when he shall be risen from the dead. (Mark 9:2-10)

Reflection:

God tested Abraham by asking for the sacrifice of his beloved son Isaac. As He saw the obedience of Abraham, God released Abraham of the test, but God did not ask of Abraham what He would not ask of Himself, for unto the world, He gave the sacrifice of His only begotten Son. Unlike Abraham, He did not release Himself from the sacrifice of what was most dear to Him. One man was released of the test for the love of God, but because God so loved the world, God brought the sins of the world upon the shoulders of His Son and through Him, upon Himself.

If God has such compassion for us, we might wonder, why then to we resist Him? How is it we are so weak that so few of us are able to make our own sacrifice for the One who sacrificed for us? Blessed are we that He made it so that we are able to turn our weakness over to Him and He will give us strength. Through prayer, we may ask Him to strengthen our heart. Through prayer, we may ask Him to fill us with love. Through the love of His only begotten Son, He has shown us the better way.

The people shared through the generations the prophecy of Elias and Moses, but the Apostles who were present as Elias and Moses came to speak with Jesus did not fully comprehend what they witnessed. The glory of the Lord was shining about them. They knew they were in the presence of something so much more than what they had ever witnessed, but how could they perceive being in the presence of the prophets of generations past? Before them were those who could be living only through the One with the power to raise to everlasting life.

It was not of Elias or Moses which the voice of God said: This is my most beloved Son; hear him. Blessed were their ears to hear, for though He seeks to speak to every heart, so many remain deaf to His Word and remain blind to what He seeks to show them. Though Jesus instructed Peter, James and John to not share what they had seen, it was so that what was to come would come for the blessings of all souls. Now, though, the time is here where every ear should hear, every eye should see, every heart should feel the blessings of the Word of the Lord. And so it has been passed through the generations, and the faithful are charged to share so that every soul, especially those in most need to be brought back from the depths of evil, may receive and believe in the One sent for their salvation.

May the peace and blessings of the Lord be with you always,
Prayer Soldier

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guardian Angel Store Forums Forum Index -> Reflections Printable Version All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: