Guardian Angel Store - Christian gifts and books to share your values

Site Search:

Store Search:

Home > Forums > Reflections > The Holy Spirit and the Lamp of Home | Forums | My Account |  My Wishlist  |  Cart Contents  |  Checkout  |  www.GuardianAngelStore.com is RSS enabled.  Add this link to your feed reader to get our news updates.  In the forums add the link next to the forums you want to receive updates for.
 Navigation

Main
 Home
General
 News
 News Submission
 News Topics
 Search
 Sitemap
Community
 Forums
 Web Links
Members
 Account
Information
 About Us
 Contact
 FAQ
 Legal Documents
 Link To Us

Shopping

Aids--Classroom, Bible, Office
Angels
Automotive
Bereavement & Memorial
Bible Center
Books
Books, Used
Candles & Necessities
Church Supplies
Clothing
Collectibles/Figurines
Crosses/Crucifixes
Devotions
Encouragement/Inspirational Gift
Garden Decor
Gifts for Family & Friends
Home Treasures
Jewelry
Knights of Columbus Gifts
Love, Weddings & Marriage
Media - CDs/DVDs/Software
Message Cards
Names to Remember
Patriotism
Pocket Coins & Tokens
Sacramentals
Sacraments
Saints
Special Seasons
Sports
Toys/Games

New Products

Shop by Price
Under $10
From $10 - $30
From $30 - $50
From $50 - $100
Above $100
All Price Ranges

Guardian Angel Store: Forums

The Guardian Angel Store Forums :: View topic - The Holy Spirit and the Lamp of the Lamb
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Holy Spirit and the Lamp of the Lamb

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guardian Angel Store Forums Forum Index -> Reflections Printable Version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Prayer-Soldier

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 8:07 am    Post subject: The Holy Spirit and the Lamp of the Lamb Reply with quote

The Holy Spirit and the Lamp of the Lamb

Scripture:

And some, coming down from Judea, taught the brethren: That, except you be circumcised after the manner of Moses, you cannot be saved. And when Paul and Barnabas had no small contest with them, they determined that Paul and Barnabas and certain others of the other side should go up to the apostles and priests to Jerusalem, about this question. Then it pleased the apostles and ancients, with the whole church, to choose men of their own company and to send to Antioch with Paul and Barnabas, namely, Judas, who was surnamed Barsabas, and Silas, chief men among the brethren. Writing by their hands: The apostles and ancients, brethren, to the brethren of the Gentiles that are at Antioch and in Syria and Cilicia, greeting. For as much as we have heard that some going out from us have troubled you with words, subverting your souls, to whom we gave no commandment: It has seemed good to us, being assembled together, to choose out men and to send them unto you, with our well beloved Barnabas and Paul: Men that have given their lives for the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. We have sent therefore Judas and Silas, who themselves also will, by word of mouth, tell you the same things. For it has seemed good to the Holy Spirit and to us to lay no further burden upon you than these necessary things: That you abstain from things sacrificed to idols and from blood and from things strangled and from sexual immorality: from which things keeping yourselves, you shall do well. Fare ye well. (Acts 15:1-2, 22-29)

And he took me up in spirit to a great and high mountain: and he showed me the holy city Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, having the glory of God, and the light thereof was like to a precious stone, as to the jasper stone even as crystal. And it had a wall great and high, having twelve gates, and in the gates twelve angels, and names written thereon, which are the names of the twelve tribes of the children of Israel. On the east, three gates: and on the north, three gates: and on the south, three gates: and on the west, three gates. And the wall of the city had twelve foundations: And in them, the twelve names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb. And I saw no temple therein. For the Lord God Almighty is the temple thereof, and the Lamb. And the city has no need of the sun, nor of the moon, to shine in it. For the glory of God has enlightened it: and the Lamb is the lamp thereof. (Revelation 21:10-14, 22-23)

Jesus answered and said to him: If any one love me, he will keep my word. And my Father will love him and we will come to him and will make our abode with him. He that loves me not keeps not my words. And the word which you have heard is not mine; but of the Father who sent me. These things have I spoken to you, abiding with you. But the Paraclete, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things and bring all things to your mind, whatsoever I shall have said to you. Peace I leave with you: my peace I give unto you: not as the world gives, do I give unto you. Let not your heart be troubled: nor let it be afraid. You have heard that I said to you: I go away, and I come unto you. If you loved me you would indeed be glad, because I go to the Father: for the Father is greater than I. And now I have told you before it come to pass: that when it shall come to pass, you may believe. (John 14:23-29)

Reflection:

For those seeking His path, questions arise. If those who answer are not the ones who were taught by Jesus, then, by what authority are questions answered as to the meaning of what He taught? So it was, those who were taught by Jesus were consulted and from the wisdom and knowledge He granted them, they answered the questions of the people. He sent forth the few so that many could learn, but the evil one has also sent forth, to wander among the people, those who sow words to distract, words to deceive and words to destroy the soul. The evil one does not send such words forth so that they are easily recognized, rather he dresses them in clothing of truth so few may see the words for what they are, words through which the church of Jesus might be divided and souls might be lured away from His commandments to love.

From such words, the people of past were protected by those who received from Jesus the light of His truth. Because they knew Him and were reminded by the Holy Spirit of all He taught them, they received from Him words of truth through which they may share with the people. It was from these few that others would be taught and ordained to share with the children of His creation and teach them the truth of Christ.

The battle which continues to rage throughout the generations is between the truth of His Word and the lies of the one who endeavors to deceive the people. The evil one has sent forth many to wander the world, seeking the ruin of souls. The evil one seeks to plunge the world into darkness, but it is the light of the lamp of the Lamb which provides the salvation of the world. The Lamb lights the path, yet, so many wander with eyes which are covered over by the debris of the world. They are unable to hear His call because of the noise which yields words of distraction and deceit. We might ask, who will clean their eyes and reveal the noise for what it is?

He created His church with the promise that the gates of the netherworld would not prevail against it. (Matthew 16:1Cool It should be no surprise to us, then, that if it was not possible for the evil one to destroy the church established upon Peter, then, Satan would do everything within his power to lure the people from it. To this day, the evil one employs words of distraction and deception by which souls may be lured to their destruction. Satan attacks us both from without and from within. He relies upon words set to confuse. He sends forth those who will seduce and he sends forth those who appear to present the truth, but his design is to lure souls away by inches until they are vulnerable to be separated from His flock.

This has been the way of the evil one since the conversation within the garden which seduced the man and the woman to disobey God. (Genesis 3:1-6) Jesus gave us His church so that we might be protected. Through it, He sends forth those to help us see and help us hear, but, we might ask, what if we become confused by those the evil sends with words we might believe, just as the first couple of the garden? How are we, today, to recognize what is truth?

If we are in doubt, we must pray to the Holy Spirit, for it is He who will guide us to those who He has ordained to clean our eyes and open our ears to what is right and just. If we pray to the Holy Spirit for wisdom and understanding, He will not deny us. He will guide us to see through words of deception. He will guide us to see those who bear words of truth. (1 John 13:35). Let us, then, ask Him in prayer, to clean our eyes and open our ears to receive His truth. Let us ask Him to guide us to the blessings of His holy church, the house He made so we might receive Him and the blessings of His love.

May the peace and blessings of the Lord be with you always,
Prayer Soldier

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guardian Angel Store Forums Forum Index -> Reflections Printable Version All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: