Guardian Angel Store - Christian gifts and books to share your values

Site Search:

Store Search:

Home > Forums > Christian Q & A > What is the Trinity? Home | Forums | My Account |  My Wishlist  |  Cart Contents  |  Checkout  |  www.GuardianAngelStore.com is RSS enabled.  Add this link to your feed reader to get our news updates.  In the forums add the link next to the forums you want to receive updates for.
 Navigation

Main
 Home
General
 News
 News Submission
 News Topics
 Search
 Sitemap
Community
 Forums
 Web Links
Members
 Account
Information
 About Us
 Contact
 FAQ
 Legal Documents
 Link To Us

Shopping

Aids--Classroom, Bible, Office
Angels
Automotive
Bereavement & Memorial
Bible Center
Books
Books, Used
Candles & Necessities
Church Supplies
Clothing
Collectibles/Figurines
Crosses/Crucifixes
Devotions
Encouragement/Inspirational Gift
Garden Decor
Gifts for Family & Friends
Home Treasures
Jewelry
Knights of Columbus Gifts
Love, Weddings & Marriage
Media - CDs/DVDs/Software
Message Cards
Names to Remember
Patriotism
Pocket Coins & Tokens
Sacramentals
Sacraments
Saints
Special Seasons
Sports
Toys/Games

New Products

Shop by Price
Under $10
From $10 - $30
From $30 - $50
From $50 - $100
Above $100
All Price Ranges

Guardian Angel Store: Forums

The Guardian Angel Store Forums :: View topic - What is the Trinity?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What is the Trinity?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guardian Angel Store Forums Forum Index -> Christian Q & A Printable Version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
drbonebrake

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:16 pm    Post subject: What is the Trinity? Reply with quote

The Trinity is referred to as “the central mystery of Christian faith and life.“ The Trinity is the mystery of the existence of one God in three persons; the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. Restated, God is the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit and each is God, but there is only one God.

The Bible does not reference the “Trinity“ as a reference to God, but the mystery of the Trinity is revealed in the scripture where God is revealed in Himself.

The coming of the Son was foretold in the Old Testament, “Therefore the Lord himself will give you this sign: the virgin shall be with child, and bear a son, and shall name him Immanuel.“ (Isaiah 7:14) In the New Testament, we are told, “Behold, the virgin shall be with child and bear a son, and they shall name him Emmanuel,“ which means “God is with us.“ (Matthew 1:23)

When the angel Gabriel told Mary, “Behold, you will conceive in your womb and bear a son, and you shall name him Jesus,“ (Luke 1:31), Mary asked how this could be as she had no relations with a man. Gabriel responded, “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. Therefore the child to be born will be called holy, the Son of God.“ (Luke 1:35)

In the womb of Mary, the Son of God is conceived through the power of the Most High and the Holy Spirit, but this is not the creation of the Son as we are later told, “I [Jesus] am the living bread that came down from heaven.“ (John 14:10-11) For Jesus to come down from heaven, He was before He was formed in the womb of Mary.

In the Son of God is the Father as Jesus, the Son, reveals to the apostles, “The words that I speak to you I do not speak on my own. The Father who dwells in me is doing His works. Believe me that I am in the Father and the Father is in Me, or else, believe because of the works themselves.“ (John 14:10-11)

Bible scholars point to many such scriptures, too numerous to reference here, which reveal the one God in Himself as God the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. Perhaps the most direct expression in the New Testament reflecting the Trinity comes when Jesus commissions the apostles to spread the word and tells them, “All power in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Go, therefore, and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, until the end of the age.“ (Matthew 28:18-20)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Guardian Angel Store Forums Forum Index -> Christian Q & A Printable Version All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: